Thread: Free Camera

Default Free Camera

I'm not sure where to post this to get the help I need, all this stuff on what to do with the pictures and fonts is great help, but I'm still can't find how to free my camera to get some great shots, how to zoom all the way to the ground. I was told to go preference script in the NTW scripts folder and set the default_camera_type number to 2. Well I haven’t tried that in NTW, but when I did so all it did was change the unit card and orders panels to a different set up

If a moderator could move this post to an a appropriate forum that would be great... or point me in the direction of a tutorial that shows how to better use the camera. I.E. there are some great shots in videos of the shot of the captain or admiral, and the camera is steady on the individual. How can you zoom right down to the deck, and how can you keep the camera still as the ship is moving. Or is that perhaps a trick and it’s a shot of the captain when the ship actually isn’t moving? Anyways I need advice on ETW cause thats currently putting together my first AAR.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Default Re: Free Camera

CineEd is usually used for total war games, don't know if there is a version for Empire. I would ask one of the video artists in the screenshot galleries http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33, be sure to find someone that actually makes videos for Empire.

Default Re: Free Camera

There is no cinematic editor in Empire. See this video course for more informations about filming Empire/Napoleon/Shogun2 videos with FRAPS.