Thread: Pathfinding Bug

Default Pathfinding Bug

I've encountered a problem in Land Battles that if I order two grouped units to move to a position behind them. Instead of turning around and running to the destination, they move diagonally to the location of the other and then switch back at the last moment. Since I dont know how to screenshot Empire like with the other total wars, I'm afraid I'll have to explain it. Picture the area as a box divided into four sections. Unit A is in the top left-hand corner of the area with unit B next to it in the top right-hand corner of the area. The move order is given for Unit A to move down to the bottom left corner of the box and B to the bottom right corner. However, instead of this happening, Unit A moves to the bottom right corner and Unit B to the Bottom left corner, crossing each other in the center. When they reach their destinations however, they suddenly remember the original order and cross over again, with Unit A returning to the bottom left box and Unit B to the bottom right.

I understand this isnt a massive bug and probably not worth the time it takes to fix, but it definitely disrupts gameplay when it takes grouped units three times as long to perform a move order in the middle of a battle. Since they also spend a lot of time crossing over each other, they also take more losses than they would usually and it's very frustrating. Does anyone know how to remedy this problem?

Default Re: Pathfinding Bug

Yes, another annoyance among others that caused me to go auto-resolve altogether
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....