Thread: Hotseat

Default Hotseat

Hey, I just discovered this wonderful mod. How long has it been out? I will download it tonight but I had some qestions. Does it work in Hotseat mode? Will all the events, choosable events and scripts function properly?

Also, how was it made that France can't be conquered? Is their settlement in unacessible terrain a-la Sauron's in TATW?

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Default Re: Hotseat

Hotseat: At the moment Hotseat is not working properly but we are looking into that. It is likely an installer issue which will be corrected with the release of 1.7 as it will utilize a new one. Once it is up and running there is no reason the scripts will not function normally.

France: Correct, the single city in France cannot be reached because of terrain. Version 2.0 will have 2 playable French factions, however: The duchies of Normandy and Flanders.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

Interesting. We'll hold off until you release 1.7 then. What is the estimated release date of 2.0? If it's a few months there is no point in waiting, but if it's a month off we might as well hold off, seeing as how hotseats are so slow to finish anyway (we're just now finishing up a Britannia game started at the beginning of 2011 - 41 turns over the course of several months)

1.7 with be within a month but version 2.0 is a major reworking of the map (will be full sized with 199 settlements) so that is likely still months away. We are still hammering out the details of what exactly we want the new map to look like. I will give special attention to fixing hotseat for the next patch however.

Great! I fire it up and played a couple of turns. My initial impression is far from complete, as I'm yet to fully delve in a campaign. This mod has real potential and with some polishing it will be top-quality for sure! Out of the things I've noticed that could use reworking:

- Custom building portraits need to be fixed in both resolution and have their backgrounds removed or twaked.
    - Some parts of the map are too cluttered with settlements - a larger map is needed if you are to scale accordingly to the current number of cities.
    - Denmark needs to have an additional town OR that town to have stone walls and be protected with a castle as well. Giving Denmark's armies some catapults will also make them worthwhile. The first thing I did in my England campaign now was take the King and his catapults from London and move them to the castle next to the Danes. On turn 2 they tried sieging London, and I just took their one town and turned them rebel. Alternatively, they could be made into a horde faction with no settlements but with catapults. Something must be done however, because right now they are not viable form Hotseat at all, let alone if left to the AI.
    - Extra civil buildings use RTW icons, they should be reworked to better fit the feel of M2TW

You seem to have removed Armoured Spearmen form England's roster, any reason as to why?

BTW I can assist with the graphics, I'm fairly good with Photoshop. I'll give you more feedback once I'm further along into a campaign.

downloaded and installed1.7 and tried hot seat and it says there was an error and closes out on me.

Yes, we have gone over this extensively, and even brought in some heavy hitters on site here to have a look, but we have not resolved this problem yet. Rest assured it remains on the to-do list and I am determined to get it functional.

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    Yes, we have gone over this extensively, and even brought in some heavy hitters on site here to have a look, but we have not resolved this problem yet. Rest assured it remains on the to-do list and I am determined to get it functional.
    As this was dated in December, I was wondering if there was any update on this hotseat issue? We just downloaded the 1.7 release and are having same issues. Therefore we are wondering if resolution has not yet been found, or if we have some other issue that we need to resolve.

Thanks.

As far as I'm aware the hotseat problem hasn't been fixed as 1.7 is the latest version. But hopefully it will be functional in a later version soon .

I just started playing the RB. Cool mod. The hotseat still doesn't work in 1.7 but hopefully in the next version. Great work on the mod. Thanks.