Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2, RotS & FotS(final)

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Default (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2, RotS & FotS(final)

[Release]
    The FotS map is finally 'complete'!

w00t

Flashin' light stuff removed from the web-based rots-gfx (trademark shogun 2 ROTS..looks a bit weird though, but that's not my call ^^)

very Minor WIP/update (maybe )
    - province-links (in case someone wants to read the description..)

- check all current overlays and re-edit them

- Maybe I'll convert all 3 maps to Flash, but I haven't 'played' with actionscript for quite some time. But would be a nice training for me ^^ and there are way more possibilities.

- Sekigahara

Final Web-based version:

Shogun 2 (new hosting url)

http://wicked-chibi.ninja/region/BIE...r-edition).zip

All (external) links disabled and removed some Encyclopedia-stlye thingies!

And I really hope, ordinary is fine with the change, as I still got no response; his [BETA] BIEM can be found:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=438482

Changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Version 2.3 final (wealthmonger-edition )
    - some overlays re-edited and more anchor-points added
    - Clans added for every province
    - added Shogunate/Imperial-attitude to every province for Turn 1 (Info-text icon)
    - 'region-specials'-links are working (every building linked to Tier I, besides Machines & Cotton)
    - (web-based version updated)

Version 2.2b
    - ninja-fix to Jozai (wrong province)

Version 2.2a
    - added full clan description
    - clan-icon are now linked to the encyclopaedia clan-page
    - added some more anchor-points to several image-maps (only 8 provinces 'fine-tuned')
    - 2 minor text-fixes

Version 2.2:
    - RotS map uses fertility colors again *hurray* and I removed the lines pointing towards the province, they highlight anyway
    - some changes done to the FotS map, clan icons don't look like they are 'floating' above the sea
    - added a 'farm' icon on the FotS map (looks bit odd, might change it someday) in the bottom right corner->quick overview for the farm-upgrades based on the fertility
    - clan infos included
    - resource&building infos included
    - some CSS changes, so all 3 maps fits the new encyclopedia style without scrolling (smaller footer, footer links removed as well - no one needs them anyway)
    - the resource-links might be a bit overkill, but that's not my fault - all specialities & resources included
    - decided to not add the 'Happiness' penalty on some descriptions or buildings, as it'd be brain-overkill and it's not really needed

Version 2.0a:
    -
    early FotS BETA included- highlight less transparent
    - minor file-changes (links fixed..I guess)

Version 1.1b:
    - color-code-tag included
    - RotS map uses a darker blue for better visibility
    - Shogun2 map highlight for clan-icons added

Version 1.1:
    There was a ninja-fix shortly after going beta, but it did only affected IE 7/8 and not the ingame-map- so no need to re-download, if you don't intend to check the map in IE <=8.0

Version 1:

- (BIEM) includes a separate Rise of the Samurai Resource Map
    - several changes to information in the original file made (removal of 'wall of text' and better clan info)
    - Ikko Ikki included
    - new RotS-Resource map featuring the [BIEM] design
    - misc. code/script/links changes
    - compatible to CA's "Bardi" Font-family again

Installation:
    To install, unzip directly into the encyclopedia folder, making sure to replace the other files when prompted. ("...\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data\encyclopedia\" in case of the Steam version)
    Apply changes to all files in case [BIEM] is already installed, cause there were some changes made.

Update:
    Updates needs to be unpacked in the 'encyclopedia' directory as well - 2 files were changed (regions_boshin.html,regionmap_boshun.css & an icon added)
    (The update can be applied to any 2.2x version)

How to change the highlight-color:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    If you don't like blue for whatever reason, and I used the default value too, you can 'easily' edit the .html file. (I really don't want to motivate you to edit the *.js file )

- Open either regions_gempei.html, regions_shogun.html or regions_boshin.html in e.g. Notepad
    - v1.1b+ includes already the 'fillcolor' tag, so you only need to change the color
    - look for $('#outline').maphilight();
    - change the whole string to:
    $('#outline').maphilight({
    fillColor: '000000'
    });

- for 000000 you can add any web-color code, and a really cool online-tool can be found at http://www.colorpicker.com/ [000000 or black doesn't look that bad, specially on my map]
    - save & enjoy

Credits:
    Hayabusa Sushi for *hmm* for major help just that! [thank you so much! Makes things much easier for me....]
    ordinary
    for doing the awesome 'Shogun 2' map
    elementalist for some cool changes regarding the pop-up and clan infos
    Fimconte for sparing me some time to gather the stupid farm-upgrade infos for FotS
    wealthmonger for providing all the new information for RotS & thanks again for providing me the FotS-clan-infos/province-belonging
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by valky; July 17, 2017 at 11:53 AM. Reason: URL update & thingies
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Default Re: (BIEM) Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - rework for RotS (includes the other BIEM)

You should get bored more often . Great

Default Re: (BIEM) Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - rework for RotS (includes the other BIEM)

Really cool.

Awesome work! Sorry about all the nitpicking
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    Awesome work! Sorry about all the nitpicking
    No problem Did now double-check the online-preview, but honestly don't know why the 'old' file caused issues while refreshing Maybe it was indeed the header and it was trying to look for an index-file instead.

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Icon14 Re: (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2 & RotS (v1.1b)

Very nice work, thanks valky.

Default Re: (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2 & RotS (v1.1b)

Nice work, very helpful

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2 & RotS (v1.1b)

Great work, but you should have it be just the map, like the original version. Having the map bigger was great. You should include a fertility chart for easy reference when to upgrade your farms first. Most people know, but its just a nice finished product then. Also, the original version never any any Iron or Horses in the bottom left panel for easy access. Might want to update that if you can.
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; December 13, 2011 at 01:52 PM.

Awesome work But , is it possible to have this in french ? Thanks.

Cool beans! But one question: I know that the colors on the Shogun 2 map indicate the fertility level of the soil, but what do the colors indicate on the Rise map?

Quote Originally Posted by Keithustus View Post
    Cool beans! But one question: I know that the colors on the Shogun 2 map indicate the fertility level of the soil, but what do the colors indicate on the Rise map?
    Will do a new map they are currently showing the clan-colors but I'll revert it to the fertility-map again. (it was just an experiment *whistles*)
    Need a working fog of war removal for FotS so I can datamine the new ressources, already got a decent map from the pack files. And it looks like I can abuse the included overlay map for the mouse-rollovers.

@Araknir
    My French is very limited to roughly 0 words Though I could extract the text-related stuff and attach the text file...if one wanna translate it you'll get your French version ^^ (or 'webtranslator' but don't blame me then...I've seen English stuff translated to German...oh boy, that's awkward )

Quote Originally Posted by Bad213Boy View Post
    Great work, but you should have it be just the map, like the original version. Having the map bigger was great. You should include a fertility chart for easy reference when to upgrade your farms first. Most people know, but its just a nice finished product then. Also, the original version never any any Iron or Horses in the bottom left panel for easy access. Might want to update that if you can.
    sry double post, but I am just lazy.

I'm a bit puzzled by some of your suggestions ^^ What about the iron/horse stuff? I know they don't highlight on his map, so I crosslinked the 2 trade-spots to the icon as well, as there are also province-based iron&horse ressources.
    Ah, I think I get it...(coffee is currently sliding thru my brain so I'm about to getting awake^^) You wanna have additional icons for the sea-ressources. Problem was the space I was given, I didn't wanna mess up the sorting order and the icons will be very small if I had to add 2 additional slots.
    As mentioned, Iron&horse do highlight on the province-button.

Further, I was experimenting with a color-chart (some random corner ^^) so you it'd highlight the provinces as well as putting in a farm-description in the text-box. But I encountered some limitations in the javascript and I got a load of errors ^^ Though I figured the problems and was a bit 'brain-offline'.

Anyway, about the coloring - was just an experiment and that's why I needed input. Will revert it back then, so both maps will be identical.
    Currently trying to get the fog-o-war removal working for FotS, so there will be Shogun 2 and both Addons covered with a working map.

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2, RotS & FotS (v2.2) - major update (03/27/12)

Hi Valky,

We really like this. Drop me a line at rallypoint@creative-assembly.com

CraigTW

Default Re: (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2, RotS & FotS (v2.2) - major update (03/27/12)

Absolutely fantastic ! Banzai !

Thanks for FOTS version

I found little bug, Clan "Jozai" Its not from "Izu" prowince but from "Kazusa".
    Last edited by legoras; March 28, 2012 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by legoras View Post
    Thanks for FOTS version

I found little bug, Clan "Jozai" Its not from "Izu" prowince but from "Kazusa".
    *yedi gesture* You have not seen this, you will not notice it further

fixed, update will be included shortly - at least it was also on a peninsula. &errors/bugs are always welcome ^^

Default Re: (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2, RotS & FotS (v2.2b)

Brilliant resource, thank-you

Default Re: (BIEM)-Better In-Game Encyclopedia Map - overhaul for Shogun2, RotS & FotS (v2.2b)

good work valky - but one question why are the clans Obama and Sendai on your web-based maps?
    i wonder because they are not playable

Quote Originally Posted by orsol View Post
    good work valky - but one question why are the clans Obama and Sendai on your web-based maps?
    i wonder because they are not playable
    They are all part of the pre-order, afaik there was even a steam limited version , which unlocks all 3 clans. Mine got only 'Tsu'
    There are three clans that can be chosen depending on where the player pre-orders:

- The Saga – industrialists who tend to look to the future when it comes to both war and politics and have aligned themselves with the West, getting access to artillery and to modern warships;
    - The Tsu – well known strategist who also have a link with the population of Japan they are aligned with the Emperor and use both ninja and assassins to offset the superiority of the enemy forces;
    - The Obama – they can rely on their population to pay higher than usual taxes which gives them a strong base to evolve and expand however they want.
    Dunno about Sendai, have used the Encyclopedia clans..

edit: according @totalwar.com this might be the next DLC clan.
    Last edited by valky; March 31, 2012 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    Hi Valky,

We really like this. Drop me a line at rallypoint@creative-assembly.com

CraigTW
    Valky is famous
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast