Thread: Wings of the Reik (Reikland)

Default Wings of the Reik (Reikland)

Faction: Reikland
    Campaign: Very Hard
    Battle: Very Hard

Submod:
    Toho's call of warhammar revamp
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=474519

Both difficulty settings are set to Very hard so the AI isnt completely stupid.

This is my 1st AAR and I have close to no experience in using this forum, so i will try my best =D

If any one can help me with screen capping or uploading that will be great, because currently i have no idea how to convey visual information to everyone, so until then ill be using text.

I am going to try to include as much variety in this AAR as i possibly can, hopefully through that i can make an interesting storyline as well as a fun game play experience... ideas are welcome through pms

Anyways enjoy...

(The Introduction)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Winter 2523 IC: The Setting Sun

The crimson sunset cast a dark horizon across the clouds as Prince Randolf stood upon the tower and sipped from his glass of wine... The heavy mass of peasants beneath the palace walls crowded to the thousands threatening to break down the palace walls. It seemed the winter had taken its toll, reports of inflation and harvest failures were rampant this year, and through that, none could stop the inevitable starvation that followed. The archers unwillingly strung their bows... How would he eliminate the potential rivals he would face in the near future... The thought brought a small grin to his face... "Fire" and with a swift motion of his hand, the barrage of arrows were released volley after volley, some hesitated, others obeyed without question... The pure snow of the winter night was stained blood red as the Prince turned and laughed... his father would be most displeased...

Seige of the Beastmen Temple:
    The distant shouts and screams could be heard all the way from atop the plateau. Emperor Karl Franz stood above the hill overlooking the battle as his personal bodyguard of Reiksgaurd accompanied him. The beastmen had sallied forth from the seige and begun a massive assault upon the seige lines as his 2nd son Ortwin Franz commanded the defense. The Imperial line was quickly falling apart. The panicked Sergeants quickly turned toward the commander slurring sentences and stuttering in fear. "Wh- What shall we doooo?!? Th- The reports were completely false, a- not even a regiment of Greatswords would turn the tide..." Karl Franz said nothing, the direness of the situation seemed to matter not... Some banners were raised on the right, it seemed the situation called for even the reserve archers to enter melee... "Hand me my hammer..." Karl Franz finally said... "Wha-?" The officers looked at him in disbelief... "You asked me what we should do... and this is my answer," he saddled his horse, his cape fluttering in the wind. With a huge intake of breath, his words shook the battlefield. "FOR THE EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Rudolf Cirno and his younger brother, Henry Cirno both had high reputations within the Empire. Known for their chivalric ways, they performed many feats of merit in both law and battle. Rightfully so, they climbed the ranks from commoner to official, leaving behind the awe of thousands. "Elder brother, these people are dying, the constant war has plagued the people with disease and hunger. More are leaving their farms and savaging for even the tiniest morsels, dammit, if only Ortwin was here." Henry spoke as they walked through the starving village outside of Castle Reiksguard. Rudolf's expression did not change, his brother's emotional argument seemed to brush off his stoic exterior, "There is nothing we could do for now brother, the aristocrats care not for the lowly, therefore we must resolve this crisis with our own power" yet the response he gave was completely unlike the personality he displayed, he waved the order, "SOLDIERS, we camp here tonight, share all supplies with the residents of this village, this is an order!" The resonance of a thousand cheers could be heard as both villagers and troops echoed in the night.

From the walls of Castle Reiksgaurd stood Reiksmarshall Kurt, he chuckled as the cheers of his soldiers were joined with the happy cries of the villagers of Castle Reiksguard. "Those brothers are at it again... But there are more important things to discuss... what is the status of Prince Randolf?" The dark silhouette that was almost camouflaged by the darkness of the night revealed himself. Clad in a dark hooded robe, the figure reported, "Randolf's personal army is being strengthened, his information network has flaws but is rapidly increasing in efficiency, and lastly his influence among the nobles of the court is garnering to say the least...what are your orders my lord?" Kurt let out a long sigh... "Hahhhh, Continue watching him, he is a dangerous man..." "Yes sir, oh and one of the higher ups within the agency left this note for you..." and the dark silhouette slid back into the darkness as he dropped the letter... "hahhhh, it is such a shame that the Emperor's 2nd son is so young, for if he were older, im sure that he would be the true Heir of Reikland..." As he walked to pick up the letter, he felt a cold breeze...

To: Reiksmarshall Kurt
    The Reik's Information Branch needs more recruits, the current situation of the Informational Branch is that almost all the people here are incompetent... The reason being is that they lack motivation, proper leadership, and they have horrible organization skills... Even Marienburg's Information Branch is better than this and everyone can see those foreign spies from a mile away. The reason I say that to you is that i have put them all to death. You should be glad that i even gave them such an honourable death. Tearing each and everyone of them apart by horse is a hard event to put together. Some even offered to tell me everything about the scheme in exchange for mercy... Such useless followers of yours... Take care to not get in my way Reiksmarshall, for the next will be your head.
    Your kind friend:
    Randolf Franz

"ARGGGG!" He smashed the letter into a smoldering crater with his Runefang.

The battle ended in a grand victory for the empire as Ortwin returned to his camp exhausted. The beastmen of the temple were utterly beaten, rounded up and captured. Today would be Ortwin's coming of age ceremony, yet none of the dwarven wine and aesthetic food of the camp interested him. Today was his 16th birthday, and he alone was happy of the fact that under his command, he saved the lives of both the scattered remains of the 1st line while holding together the defense of the 2nd. The satisfaction from that fact alone brought a smile to his face. "You have put together a great victory for the Empire, Ortwin, my son..." the Emperor said as he walked into the tent... immediately Ortwin rose from the ground, "And such a victory itself could not be achieved if it were not for you father." Karl Franz chuckled, "So what did you really want to talk to me about son?" ... ... ... a small silence shortly disturbed by the shouts and cheers outside. "Father, you are well aware of our situation within Reikland, harvests are failing and inflation of our currency is rising, no matter where we look left and right our people are suffering, we must put a stop to this," ...Karl had no choice but to take his son seriously. "And how do you plan to stop this hmmm? What can a single man do against the forces of nature, even I the Emperor cannot stop something that is bound to happen, what did you even think this battle meant? This battle was meant so the plundered riches of this foul Chaos temple could be used to fill the populace's needs, did you even consider it Ortwin?" The last prod at Ortwin's pride enraged him, "How dare you belittle me father, meaningless conquests are not enough for the people of Reikland, we need the highway system built in Altdorf, and we need the mint factory erected by next year," His father watched proudly as his son spoke, "Son, the world's reality is not as kind as you would think," Ortwin disregarded his father's remark and continued on, "I understand that father, which is exactly the reason why i am going to do this, I also understand that those cowardly aristocrats will try to stop me... Hah! Let them try, ill do this myself if i have to, I am the son of Karl Franz, EMPEROR OF THE REIK!" He walked out of the camp letting nothing stop him, the fatigue from battle, gone, the childhood dreams of a great coming of age 16th ceremony, forgotten, and the cheers of his name from the thousands of Empire soldiers, behind him. His destination... Altdorf, the capital of the Empire.

Edit: I had forgotten to include Ortwin in the introduction, now he will be present in the last paragraph
    Last edited by J1N6666; October 25, 2011 at 03:02 AM.

Default Re: Wings of the Reik (Reikland)

(Update #1)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Court of Altdorf
    With poor harvests throughout the year, the current "above average" tax levels forced riots throughout numerous areas. With inflation rising, trade with Reikland yielded the most unfavorable demands towards the already hurt consumers of the region. Yet, through it all, the nobility sat in luxury of the finest wine and the most elegant trinkets. Reikland suffers greatly.

"We must secure more imports of goods from Marienburg before the profit can truly roll in, I say we stockpile more resources before further development!" "No you fool, we must secure more tax revenue before we are to make further decisions, we must increase taxes to a new level." The constant ramblings of the court were nothing more than droning voices. Ortwin did not care even the slightest what the nobility thought of him as he sat calculating the possibilities for his success. Trash will always be trash, he thought, as he knew that most of these nobles within this circle would not even lift a finger to save this country from ruin. This time his father was not by his side, the throne in the northernmost section of the roundtable remained vacant no matter how much help Ortwin needed. Ortwin gathered his courage against the thought, "I propose the hurried construction of the Mint Factory within Altdorf," the attention of the nobility was all suddenly focused on him. Almost at once he felt a small regret within his heart, his thoughts immediate reaction tried to come up with words and formulas to get himself out of the spotlight, yet he knew he had done too much to go back now, "I want a hurried construction of the Mint Factory will allow us to put value within our currency and thereby reduce the inflation that our money holds." This was Ortwin's first encounter with the court and the courage he had gathered just a while ago was now fading as fast as the wind... He knew that reducing this inflation would bring more power to the common folk while reducing that of the aristocrats, it was the only way to bring prosperity... He knew he would make enemies, but he did not expect it on a scale like this- "Bravo! Bravo..." Rudolf Cirno gave a small applause, "Not only does this idea empower the nobility over the peasants, it also will strengthen our trade with other Imperial powers within the Empire." The nobles of the court thought about it for a while, "If we continue to print our already vast treasuries of money, it is useless as we would eventually have to exert more work to printing than spending," as a few joined in for the applause, gradually attracting others in, "If we upgrade the value of our vast treasuries it seems it would be the most logical approach." By the time Rudolf finished his explanation, the whole court was either nodding or smiling. The idea seems to have been accepted...

"Are you mad?!? What went through your mind to single-handedly try to take on the nobility by yourself?!?!" Rudolf exclaimed at Ortwin... "Did you know how badly it would have went if my brother didnt cover for you!?" Henry was nearly on the verge of outrage... Ortwin said nothing, he couldnt... He knew that to reform Reikland into that of a chivalric nation would require great comrades, the thought brought a smile to his face... "What are you smiling around for?" "Wipe that smirk off your face and treat us to the tavern of the finest dwarven beer!"

The exhausted messenger used the last of his energy to speak his words, the wounds that soaked his horse in lines of crimson as he rode toward the Emperor to he deliver the message... 'Averheim has fallen! Greenskins... broke through... World Edge Mountains... attacking into Wissenland. Soon... shall reach into Reikland... Please stop this... stop them before reach Auerswald... stop them before they kill my wife and children...' The Reiksmarshall stood silently beside the Emperor as he watched the messenger use the last bit of his strength and perished... The Emperor said nothing, as he looked onto the far horizon... where the greenskins slaughtered and enslaved entire populations... destroying everything in their path... He had to stop them, and it was his duty to fight them or take them along with him... For he is the Emperor...

Last edited by J1N6666; October 25, 2011 at 11:03 PM.