Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod_7.5 is achieved!Lets go for final 8.0 Dark edition!Post your wishes!

Default DarthMod_7.5 is achieved!Lets go for final 8.0 Dark edition!Post your wishes!

I will post some screenshots if possible. The work is almost done...debugged all related CTD problems related to new textures/skeletons insertion for the BI game. Have improved the BI gameplay a lot with brand new formations also.
    Combatibility wit lite music mod is also complete.
    I will check player's 1 bug fixes to include more.
    For DarthMod ancient campaign I have also done a lot of enhancements, for example will improve law to big cities, will fix Carthage poison human formations, a minor ctd related to rebels turn think I fixed.

No time to write more or answer to more threads but will revert soon...be updated.

----UPDATE----

The thread will as of today discuss future wishes for upcoming DarthMod_8.0 Dark edition

Default Re: Road to DarthMod_7.5

Lord Vader,

Will version 7.5 be for BI only?

Sith Hellas1

It's good to hear you're including player1's bugfixes. I tried for a while to add them to your mod myself but gave up very quickly. Good news!

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by hellas1
    Lord Vader,

Will version 7.5 be for BI only?

Sith Hellas1
    No its for 1.5 and Bi

For BI, will there be a wholesale change to new skins along the lines done by Atilla Reloaded and Goth in their mods, and will there be matching new sprites for those new units? Looking forward to this mod!

yes new skins for everything together with sprites created for them.
    DarthMod_7.5 for 1.5/1.6 in one package for hard core RTW gamers.

----since K.Kawen will finish the unit cards possibly next week....so DarthMod will be postponed so....unless you want it in a patch.
    DarthMod will ofcourse later come in a full package called....DarthMod_8.0_Dark_edition including EVERYTHING in a huge download.

I'd rather download the mod now and the cards later as a patch...but it's your call, Darth

Byzantium's Avatar Semisalis

When you say new skins for everything Darth i hope you dont mean any of Kali's magnificent Parthian skins will be altered/swapped If these skins are changed i'll be chaining myself to the forum gates in protest and will proceed to sing songs and wave banners until they are put back !!

Seriously,greatly looking forward to your new version.Keep up the great work Darth.

Hi this is my first post but I've been lurking around here for a few months. I usually post at the Org.

First, great work DarthVader! I really enjoy playing your mod it's the most enjoyable one I've played and I have played RTR and Lusted's TE. However, I was forced to uninstall it because in my Carthaginian campaign (This is version 7.0 plus the 7.0.3 beta), I noticed that whenever I was using Scutarii and Armoured Scutarii, the game was lagging like hell, even when zoomed completely out. I always played on low settings because I'm a lowly minimum-spec player. Anyway, I think it's because there are no sprites for these units. Since I'm playing on low unit detail, it was easy to spot at which distance the units shift from 3d model to sprite, and I've seen this happen on most units. However, I noticed that it didn't seem to happen on Scutarii and Armoured Scutarii.

Please Darth, I really want to play your mod but can't in this condition (assuming that my theory is correct). I don't have the technical expertise to check it out myself. Please give me sprites! And if there are any other units that don't have sprites please make them at least by the time 7.5 comes out!

@saulot333:Will think to it

@Byzantium:The new skins will apply to BI campaign. The old campaign old DarthMod settings will remain the same together with Kali's excellent skins.

@Crian:
    Tks for your words. I would also post more at the .org but I do not have the support that twcenter gives me.Here is my internet home.
    I will check the matter. I have sprited all units as I remember....

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

so we will have to simply instal DarthMod 7.5 over clean BI? and both BI and the old camaign will work perfectly?

Average British Student

Looking forward to it

@Crian: Here I provide to you the fix you requested. It will be included in DarthMod_7.5 tks to your post. You are a true DM fan...tks.
    Copy the file inside to replace the original in Rome Total War/data/..

@Pietrak:Yes thats it. Clean 1.6 (or old DarthMod_7.0.x unmodded in BI/1.6 with combatibility with old save games=good news!)

Yeah thanks for the fix Darth! Looking forward to 7.5!

JaggerMech's Avatar Foederatus

For the upcoming version, I hope there is a separate (and or incremental patch) version for just 1.5, because living in third world country with slow,unstable and expensive dial-up connection really a nightmare to download a huge package.
    Imagine, for the expense of four hours downloading Darth_Mod 7.0, I can eat for five days

Bravo for the challenging Darth_Mod !

The patch will be about 55 MB zipped and will be installed over DarthMod_7.x to work

The whole DarthMod then will be about 250MB unzipped...
    The Dark edition will be about 100MB zipped

Site Updated Just informing everyone about darthmod 7.5 hehe

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    The patch will be about 55 MB zipped and will be installed over DarthMod_7.x to work

The whole DarthMod then will be about 250MB unzipped...
    The Dark edition will be about 100MB zipped
    the Dark edition? what will it be? besides, have you improved the vassal system in 7.5?

I think I'll just wait for the Dark edition to come out, but thank you Darth for getting 7.5 up in a relativly short amount of time!

Dark edition will contain 7.0 and 7.5 patch in one package.
    If someone wants to play the upcoming 7.5 patch must have 7.0 first

-------edit--------

I have news that may trouble the slow connection DarthMod fans...
    the "patch" is currently 450 MB unzipped without the expected graphic work of Kawen.
    Zipped will be approx. 200MB
    I have created 320 MB sprites for BI new skins (Will have Lusted's Romans, Attila Reloaded and Ramon Gonzales y Garcia and some Archer recolored skins who I thank them very much for their work)

As you can understand the whole DarthMod will be about 620MB.....
    So the Dark edition wil be about 320MB zipped.

Gigantic work...I need to rest after this.

PS. The BI DarthMod will not have new unit icons. I hope Kawen will help with a patch once I upload.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast