Thread: [HISTORICAL ISSUE] - The Great Heresy: The Bogomils

Bagatyr's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon5 [HISTORICAL ISSUE] - The Great Heresy: The Bogomils

In the newest series of three films - "The Great Heresy" - which will mark the new season of bTV's "The Documents", Gena Traikova follows the traces of this phenomenon from the Bulgarian Bogomils to its propagation in Western Europe.

The great heresy is considered as one of the most intriguing phenomena in European history and in order to find the right questions, whose answers she'd search for, Gena Traikova prepared this project for nearly half a year.

The beginning of the story is in the X century and during its tracing Gena and her cameraman Dobromir Ivanov travelled to Bosnia and Herzegovina and France to talk with some of the best researchers on the medieval heresies. Large reenactments were also made for the movie, in order to show the spirit of the Middle Ages.

The Beginning

The Heresy goes West

Last edited by SpyrosM91; January 03, 2012 at 10:14 AM.

Bagatyr's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The Great Heresy -The Bogomils

In the steps of the Bougres

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Very interesting documentary +rep, haven't finished watching them all but so far I am definetly enjoying it. I predict these bogomils will give great trouble to the Bulgarian player in the game

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Unfortunately, I've translated only the first part of the documentary trilogy, namely the one which speaks generally about the Bogomils and their views. IIRC, the second movie is about the Bogomils in Bosnia and the third one - about their movement to the West and influence on the Cathars etc.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Ahh damn it so the subtitles stop forget to mention i did notice your name in the video icon, thanks for the awesome translations. I heard that bogomilism also spread east to kiev and russia.