Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 years war mod

Default 30 years war mod

I have been working on a little mod for myself and and wanted to know if it would be a good idea to release it as an overhaul.

It will be the 30 years war mod , most will think 30 years war just involved Sweden and the holy roman empire and the various german states and was protestants against catholics. This is not quite right as there were treaties that existed between both religous factions that also altered the way armies could act in the field .
    Also france was a catholic state that was funding sweden a million livre a year to finace their war effort . This was so it would tie up and remove the imperial armies from the borders of france .
    France found itself invaded by both spanish and imperial forces for their support of swedens war effort.

I will at first be concentrating on the imperial army, swedens army , and the German states but also have some models already done for spain though i have not yet tested them in game .

I know there are a few pike and shot mods out there already but this will have new models for it and conversions of existing models .

Below are a few samples of some of the models i have in game at the moment and also a short video.
    Also i do know that the imperial army at the moment is sitting in the prussian faction this is for my benifit why i am doing models. The prussian faction or as it was brandenburg will have its own models.

So i want to know if you think it would be good for an overhaul and also would like to hear from anyone else who would be interested in helping me out.

Takecare
    adrian
    Last edited by adrian74; October 16, 2011 at 11:02 AM.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Default Re: 30 years war mod

Nice mod, rep+! I'll be looking forward to this.

I think this is a great idea

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Wow great stuff! Well done old chap.
    First your Roman models and now these. + rep if I can.
    Perhaps you could write a modding tutorial so more people could learn how to create new or modify vanilla models?

that's great. There are little mod for pikemen too that make them abble to keep their pikes down and to fight and to kill with their pikes.
    Did you do special uniforms for each faction or are they the same with differents colours as in vanilla?
    Last edited by panzerschreck; October 16, 2011 at 06:35 AM.

hi guys thanks for the comments and the reps .

Hi oggie alot of what i am doing there are already tutorials up . Know there is one somewhere in ETW for merging models which is basically what i am doing to make new models. There are also tutorials in rtw for 3d model making which also apply to etw like making helmets in 3ds max .

Maybe what is needed is a 3d model making thread that combines all tutorials for making parts merging parts that covers all the game platforms lot easier to then find everything in one place. Plus my time is very much taken up and i think if i did a tutorial i would just end up confusing people more lol.

hi panzerschreck yes i have tried the pikemen mod and does seem good lot better than the etw version. As to uniforms texturing is not my greatest point, but what i can say or i am doing is for the german states i have done a slightly different model for the protestants and catholics (so far for the armoured type troops).

The imperial ones will have different uniform . The other german catholic states will have same model but will be faction flashed for now . The cuirassiers will be same for all factions only difference being the arms will be faction flashed forgot to upload pic of hism last time but he is in the short video and have now uploaded pic of him.

The swedish models will also be different to the imperial and german states ones ie they will have different helmets ,the german ones are having spanish type helmet and kabaset i think its called .

Below is a model i was going to use for another mod pack but i have altered him slightly changed his hat i am thinking of using him as a german mercenary but not sure if a bit too early time wise for the overhaul so let me know what you guys think. Screen shots of him in milkshape untextured and a quick rough textured version.

takecare
    adrian

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Very nice!

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Nice to see, that someone is doing this period, too

Looks Great + rep

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

This looks absoluteley amazing allready.

Defenitely a Mod WIP to keep track of.

+rep(soon) for your efforts Adrian !

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

A mod like this is high on my list, Adrian. Excellent idea.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

excellent idea

hip63

carricanta's Avatar Going Nowhere Fast!

Great! i like so much this period...keep on the work! Thanks and +rep

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Very impressive! The forthcoming Colonialism 1600 AD mod (see thread in Startpos mods section) which HussarITW, uanime5 and myself are working on will also have some 30YW units.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; October 19, 2011 at 04:08 AM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Awesome!
    Finally a decent 30Ysw mod!! The new models are great,exspecially the cuirassiers (Finally in seventeenth-century style!)

If you are depressed, just stop being depressed.
    - Ace Rimmer | March 18th ,2014

hi thanks for the comments guys and thanks too for the reps Flodin ,MorganH. and carricanta and will keep up the work
    Yes Geronimo2006 know about that mod HussarITW did ask me a while back if i would be interested in making models for it but with RV did not have the time but did tell him to let me know if any of the models in my album on here were any good for him to let me know , but did not hear back from him.
    yes my cuirassiers worked out better than i thought they would Freelancer Tex glad you like them.

a quck update on the milkshape model he works in game have made most of the arms and legs for him so was a suprise he worked . Also heres what i plan todo with him make him into a two handed sword man been doing a bit of experimenting with him though the animation does need altering a bit . but heres a couple of screen shots of him in game with his quickly made up texture but that needs working on still
    adrian

Port's Avatar Civis

Excellent!
    I would like to recommend to combine all projects in the 17th century, in a mod. Make it global.
    I can help with the creation of technology, icons, Russian localization, and much more to do.

The 2 hand swords men are awesome, I think there's an old model of canon in vanilla empire, isn't it?

Hi Port although it might sound a good idea , i think because there is more than one mod for the time frame then it could cause problems as each mod would be wanting certain things and each wanting to pull it in their own direction.

hi panzerschreck glad you like the two handed sword man i will when i get the chance be making an officer too for them i plan on doing two types of that unit as mercenaries but each will be textured different and i am thinking of having them only recruitable in two areas , so who ever owns that area they can recruit them
    also plan on adding some scotish and irish mercenairies and having them only recruitable at ports . Yes there is i think an old cannon somewhere in the models pack but i think its also used in game too for the sakers but might be wrong .

As i said earlier i do plan on adding some units for spain and france too and do have some in milkshape but not tested them in game . Heres one for the spainish faction just got to alter the puffs on the top of the arms a bit but apart from that he works in game. Have done the baggy parts of the legs too to try and make him look a bit different . I also plan on using the same model for france though i will give him a differnent helmet or maybe a hat.
    Takecare for now
    adrian

Port's Avatar Civis

Hi, yes I think that not many of those who work on the 17th century. If they gather to decide all disputed points, and the case would have gone.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast