Any news mate?

Default Re: 30 years war mod

"Teufel, Tod und Wallenstein" - an open air play in Wasserburg am Inn:
    http://www.wallenstein2013.de/

Anything? :/

Hey
    I have a Thirty years War mod. I can have a beta ready within a week. I have been focusing on making a playable beta, with some standard 17th century units. It still needs some work. But with Adrians units, it will be a decent mod. At least we will get a playable thirty years war mod.
    I will release my beta soon anyway, but any contributions will be welcome.
    I have done all the boring startpos editing. The campaign starts in 1610. New tech tree and technologies, 20 new 17th century unit.
    It would be cool with more units, new building icons, ui and all that aesthetic stuff. But it's playable and historically acceptable.
    If anyone want to help, please contact me.

awesome, Jack!

that's amazing news! great, I've been waiting for this for ages... could we hope to have this as Christmas present?
    I'm no modder myself, an I have to confess that I'm usually reluctant to commit to every type of time-consuming project, but if this mod turns out to be as great as I think, maybe I could help with stuff like characters portraits, or unit cards... A very long time ago I started designing a XVIIth-century card game, I could use some of the stuff I had gathered:

Last edited by demostene; November 24, 2013 at 05:18 AM.

Your help would be appreciated, those portraits looks great. I hope the release of the beta will inspire more people to help. I will have some screenshots and more details up shortly. And I hope to have a beta ready before christmas. You will hear from me, if I don't hear from you first, about the portraits.

[IMG][/IMG]

could you also modify the horses a bit? (I mean the "zombie-eyes" and maybe the head should look less pointed)

Great news that the mod is alive! Can you show a list of units? You are using units from other mods?

I just changed some vanilla units, to be more 17th centurysh. I was hoping to get in contact with the starter of this thread. His units are awesome. But he haven't replied.
    I'm making this basic mod, so that people can add their own 17th century units. I focus on changing the time period, so we can get the mod out there. So that people have something to make units for.

I support this idea. A lot of modifications have great models and skins of the seventeenth century. I have modified a lot units for my self use. I can help with textures. If the creator of the models agree useing their works, can be made ​​a great mod. I did attempt to battles and Empire good works of that period.

This project is dead??
    A shame really, because adrian74 create units are great. This will be lost, hours of modeling in a corner of your HD. That makes me sad...

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!
    Last edited by vecino398; December 25, 2013 at 04:59 AM.

What the hell are you going on about?

YourStepDad, i believe that has long stagnated by the creator andri47. Do not pretend to say anything negative. I just wonder about the status of work... admire your work, your good units ... but I think it would be a shame that we can not enjoy. If finally he does not intend to release them.

The time is an important asset ... with more time passes, there is less desire to resume things.

Still, jackmod promised us a release quite soon... It won't have Adrian's units, but I am confident that he will come back at some point and add them in! Moreover, Colonialism 1600 is close to release...

Close, but not close enough. :<

Quote Originally Posted by adrian74 View Post
    hi guys thanks for the offers of help , life has been busy last couple of months . Yes i will be releasing a custom battle mod very soon after i have released i will then decide what todo with the rest of the models.

below is a list of things i need todo before i release pack this saturday i am free so can get most if not all the model stuff sorted .

factios in pack
    france
    holy roman empire
    ottoman empire
    poland
    add to lateset pack imperial troops from both packs heavy cav etc add model of hre gaurds
    french troops (latest pack just contains ottomans and polish troops )
    add rocket launcher from older pack to new pack
    redo kamylick troops
    arab ottoman aux cav add to pack
    lance for polish hussars and wings add to pack
    new weapons bows etc
    hats for milita pike in equip file
    polish milita hats
    look at adding rake cloak to french pike officer
    add polish pike helmet to austria add morion to polish pike
    do lods 2 , 3 , 4
    weld and smooth all models

do icons new way
    remove etw troops but leave dlc content from elite units of east

animations
    add roma cav standard animation for pol hussars and look for kills for lance animations
    look at formations is it possble to add two flag bearers without loosing drummer and then add sperate unit flags for that slot allowing two animated flags

rebalance unit stats in db

i think that is about all i got todo

takecare for now
    adrian
    Adrian, how's the work going? Anything done on this bullet points list? I know that you are incredibly busy, and I realize we're not doing anything to help this happen apart from granting our support, but I would love to play your amazing models one day...

Quote Originally Posted by demostene View Post
    Adrian, how's the work going? Anything done on this bullet points list? I know that you are incredibly busy, and I realize we're not doing anything to help this happen apart from granting our support annoying you, but I would love to play your amazing models one day...
    fixed it.

If you are depressed, just stop being depressed.
    - Ace Rimmer | March 18th ,2014

to be frank, demostene posts something every few months, and nobody posts anything in between.

I just wish all these lovelies would reach colonialism.

Domesticus

Hello!

Some news on the mod?

You might have an alpha or beta version?