Thread: How do I get settlements to produce units?

Domesticus

Icon10 How do I get settlements to produce units?

Im playing as the Jarldom of Hordaland, and ive becoming the King of Norway.

Anyway, I own Dublin, the little island above the Orkneys, and the Isle of Man, but I cant produce anything there. I have colony set up, and all the buildings. When do I get to unit producing levels? And do I get units native to the area or something? I noticed the colony thing said that...

Also, do I need to build colonies IN Norway? Im not sure how anything works XD

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Default Re: How do I get settlements to produce units?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Im playing as the Jarldom of Hordaland, and ive becoming the King of Norway.

Anyway, I own Dublin, the little island above the Orkneys, and the Isle of Man, but I cant produce anything there. I have colony set up, and all the buildings. When do I get to unit producing levels? And do I get units native to the area or something? I noticed the colony thing said that...

Also, do I need to build colonies IN Norway? Im not sure how anything works XD
    You get native units when you build the "regional conscription" buildings. It depends how high the percent of your culture there is. If it is under 70% of your faction's culture you won't be able to recruit any of your units. Or, if the settlements are villages you won't be able to recruit them. You need walls

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Domesticus

Yep, figured it out tonight by messing around the building browser Taking eastern Ireland with troops raised in Man and Dublin

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

You cannot recruit anything in a Village. Needs to be a Town or higher!
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Hi, guys.
    I have a couple of questions concerning walls and settlement levels.

Some of my villages have population of more than 1,500. I guess that should be enough to upgrade them to towns. But wooden palisade is still unavailable for construction, i.e. there's no such icon in the construction window at all.
    Same with towns. For example Inbirnis has over 4,500 inhabitants, and no wooden walls available for construction.

So the questions are:

What exactly are the population size requirements for settlement upgrades?
    And
    Should I construct any other buildings in order to get access to the walls?

Quote Originally Posted by grettir View Post
    Hi, guys.

Some of my villages have population of more than 1,500. I guess that should be enough to upgrade them to towns. But wooden palisade is still unavailable for construction, i.e. there's no such icon in the construction window at all.
    Same with towns. For example Inbirnis has over 4,500 inhabitants, and no wooden walls available for construction.

So the questions are:

And
    If I remember right, the requirement from village -> town is 2000, not 1500. You don't need to build anything else

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    If I remember right, the requirement from village -> town is 2000
    Thanks for the quick reply. I shall humbly arm myself with patience and wait till my villages reach 2,000.
    And do you happen to know what is the population requirement for 'town' -> 'large town'?

Thanks for the quick reply. I shall humbly arm myself with patience and wait till my villages reach 2,000.
    And do you happen to know what is the population requirement for 'town' -> 'large town'?
    I believe 6000 but I could be wrong on that. If you hover your mouse over the population number it will tell you how much is required to upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    If you hover your mouse over the population number it will tell you how much is required to upgrade!
    That’s the answer for all my previous questions. Thanks.

The numbers you previously posted are for castle advances (1500->4500).

Hi, guys.

So the questions are:

And
    If you hover over the population in the buildings scroll it should say the amount needed to the next level

EDIT: Already been said, my bad
    Last edited by Lord Uxbridge; December 30, 2011 at 12:45 PM.