Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: IMPERIUM GLOBALE II

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: IMPERIUM GLOBALE II

This mod is not compatible with DMUC, no.
    You can try to move the units over manually using various tutorials in the mod workshop, but thats about it.

I take it you didn't have any other mods installed at all other than IG2?

Boriempire's Avatar Libertus

will one day it be incorporated in DMUC ?

Not that I can foresee, and certainly not all of it if it ever is included.

Hey guys, need help with the mod.

There are two things happening. First, when I start IG2 with adicional units wither on or off, my Empire crashes when it's at the loading screen. Tried reinstalling ETW and IG2, neither made the crash disappear.

Second, I managed to enter the game ONCE (lucky shot i guess), but when I was trying to start a grand campaign, all that appeared was United Kingdom faction, with the map images all white. In the faction description, it said test, and in the victory conditions window it said something "where are my vc's?", adressed to someone i don't remember the name.

Has anyone faced these problems before? If so, please help me! Thanks in advance. Fiquem bem.

Laetus

yeah.. same here.
    after the main campaign when you're about to choose a nation the game crashes when you press "start campaign"..

You will probably have to reinstall and try again. It sounds like the campaign got corrupted. I've just tried it to check and it seems fine at my end.

I'm sorry to say this, but since ForteS has pretty much retired from modding, I don't think he is going to support this any more, and without the files for the next version that he was working on, I don't think I can fix any of the bugs in the near future either...

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    You will probably have to reinstall and try again. It sounds like the campaign got corrupted. I've just tried it to check and it seems fine at my end.

I'm sorry to say this, but since ForteS has pretty much retired from modding, I don't think he is going to support this any more, and without the files for the next version that he was working on, I don't think I can fix any of the bugs in the near future either...
    that's a pretty sad thing to hear since this mod looks great..
    still, the game runs good without the mod but when installed it CTD and yes, i've run everything as administrator and used windows compatibility mode..
    if it does matter, I'm using windows x64 and tried 16 bit and 24 bit audio quality.

Have you tried installing it again?

Laetus

yes.. uninstalled it, reinstalled, deactivated the "IMPERIUM_GLOBALE II common.pack"; "IMPERIUM_GLOBALE II graphics.pack"; "IMPERIUM_GLOBALE II units.pack" scripts one by one and still no luck.. well, i hope the main modder reconsider going back to his modding career so he can fix this small bugs.. and thanks for your help too tango12345.
    i'll try to find ways around the problem, and if i'm lucky i'll report back.

To be honest, I feel very disappointed with Imperium Globale II. I was looking for an alternative to Boicote's IG, since starting a campaign in this one always ends in a CTD after 20-30 turns. In IGII, several units are nameless due to an error in Geronimo's PUP. The campaign looks exactly the same. I'm sorry if I seem rude or ungratefull, but this is how I think things are. I know that your intentions were noble, but you have to admit: The mod turned out to be a failure...

To keep playing, I developed my personal version of Imperium Globale, this is, a version that focuses on the Portuguese faction. After reading some modding articles here in the Forum, I found a pretty easy way to play with an edited and upgraded Portugal without CTD's of any kind. With the mod author's permisson and if anyone wants to know how I did it, I'll post a list of things I edited and how I done it.

Nonetheless, I thank ForteS and Tango12345 for dedicating hours in developing the mod so we can play it.

I first wanted to do a better thing but due to RL problems I had to reduce my dedication to it. Sorry that it ended more a remake than a new version

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ForteS View Post
    I first wanted to do a better thing but due to RL problems I had to reduce my dedication to it.
    Yeah, I'm playing Skyrim too
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by ForteS View Post
    I first wanted to do a better thing but due to RL problems I had to reduce my dedication to it. Sorry that it ended more a remake than a new version
    It's ok. I heard that the first IG was a very complicated mod. Many, like me, reported several bugs in it, so I guess it really was a challenge.

By the way, the Boicote's IG Portuguese Line Infantry had some great skins. They were dark blue and matched the real uniform used by the portuguese regulars by the time. I don't know if you kept those in IGII, but if so, where can I get those?
    Last edited by Oppresso Liber; January 08, 2012 at 07:26 AM.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Oppressor Libero
    In IGII, several units are nameless due to an error in Geronimo's PUP
    Ahem. The names/descriptions are in a .loc file, and not the PUP itself. It's very simple to fix.
    By the way, the Boicote's IG Portuguese Line Infantry had some great skins. They were dark blue and matched the real uniform used by the portuguese regulars by the time. I don't know if you kept those in IGII, but if so, where can I get those?
    I agree his skins were great. However, all the sources agree that the primary Portuguese uniform colour for the early period was white-grey or white. I have been in contact for over a year with Manuel Ribeiro Rodrigues and have his book "300 Anos..." which is my source for the vast majority of uniforms in my mod. Regarding the early uniforms, I used sources and reconstructions from "The Portuguese Army during the War of the Spanish Succession". Cloth orders from 1759 in MRR's book indiczte that white was probably still the most common coat colour at this time, and a painting an image of which was sent by MRR to me from 1760 shows mainly white but also blue uniforms. So I have to disagree with your opinion that in the 18th century, blue was the standard colour - or even the most common colour - worne by the Portuguese line infantry. It was from 1762 alright. The shade of blue in MRR's book in the plates from 1783 onwards, which are apparently based on the 1764 Lippe Reforms (mainly), is Prussian blue, not medium blue.

During the 17th century blue was the primary uniform colour of virtually the entire Portuguese infasntry (except marines and Royal Halberdiers), but MRR and Pat Condray's books agree that by the WSS that had changed to white-grey. For example at Almanza in 1707 the Terco de Chaves wore white-grey with red-cuffs. That was recorded by the Mestre de Campo of the regiment.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; January 09, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Yeah, I'm playing Skyrim too

I guess I did this even before I know Skyrim was due to release but yeah I won't tell that some of my time lack was to play it

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Ahem. The names/descriptions are in a .loc file, and not the PUP itself. It's very simple to fix.

I agree his skins were great. However, all the sources agree that the primary Portuguese uniform colour for the early period was white-grey or white. I have been in contact for over a year with Manuel Ribeiro Rodrigues and have his book "300 Anos..." which is my source for the vast majority of uniforms in my mod. Regarding the early uniforms, I used sources and reconstructions from "The Portuguese Army during the War of the Spanish Succession". Cloth orders from 1759 in MRR's book indiczte that white was probably still the most common coat colour at this time, and a painting an image of which was sent by MRR to me from 1760 shows mainly white but also blue uniforms. So I have to disagree with your opinion that in the 18th century, blue was the standard colour - or even the most common colour - worne by the Portuguese line infantry. It was from 1762 alright. The shade of blue in MRR's book in the plates from 1783 onwards, which are apparently based on the 1764 Lippe Reforms (mainly), is Prussian blue, not medium blue.

During the 17th century blue was the primary uniform colour of virtually the entire Portuguese infasntry (except marines and Royal Halberdiers), but MRR and Pat Condray's books agree that by the WSS that had changed to white-grey. For example at Almanza in 1707 the Terco de Chaves wore white-grey with red-cuffs. That was recorded by the Mestre de Campo of the regiment.
    You just kicked my a** with a history lesson. And I'm portuguese, so congratulations. So I guess the vanilla uniforms are correct... I managed to correct that error. After all ir was really easy, as you said. Thanks.
    Last edited by Oppresso Liber; January 12, 2012 at 02:43 PM.

PT_ReVoLuTioN's Avatar Tiro

So can i play with the Portuguese ?? cause i will kick the worlds ass with my armies starting with Spain and India.
    Se isto fosse para Rome ou Medieval 2 ate vos dava uma ajuda no mod mas de Empire nao percebo nada XD ah e claro parabens pela iniciativa.

PT_ReVoLuTioN's Avatar Tiro

yeah just realized that the mod is dead ... to bad i just hope someone talented pick it up again

Quote Originally Posted by PT_ReVoLuTioN View Post
    yeah just realized that the mod is dead ... to bad i just hope someone talented pick it up again
    Esperemos que esse alguém seja eu. Tenho planos em começar a fazer updates nisto. O mod ainda tem potencial.

I'm planning to update this mod and publish the updated version (if you guys, Tango and ForteS authorize it, of course). I feel like this mod still has a lot of potential. By the way, is IGII compatible with the latest patch?

Yes, IGII is compatible with the latest patch, that was one of the reasons ForteS updated it.

As for permission, you have to get it from ForteS for the files. I am not going to give permission to use the launcher or any of the .bat files unless I am the one working on it however, since its a bespoke piece of kit and I'm the only one with the base files. There is no reason why you can't release it without that however if you so wish. If you wish though I could fix up the launcher for a version you bring out, but you would need permission from ForteS (and possibly Boicote) for the mod base files.