Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: IMPERIUM GLOBALE II

Default Re: IMPERIUM GLOBALE II

Fixed

My sound settings were too high for the game, i have 22 bit studio quality when i should have had 16 bit
    Be of one mind and one faith, that you may conquer your enemies and lead long and happy lives.

Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.

The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Glad thats finally solved.

discet's Avatar Tiro
    If your a cop Im in micronesia if your not you dont need to know

I was just curius if this unlocked some of the other minor factions? Or is this primarily to make Portugal a playable faction?

Is there any future plans to expand this to the Italian states?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. ~Napoleon

A great war leaves the country with three armies - an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves. ~German Proverb

Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals. ~Colman McCarthy

Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them. ~Pacifist Badge, 1978

This is primary for Portugal, not other factions. I don't know what the plan is, but Fortes has other mods to deal with as well.

Hi there i play the darthmod and i downloaded your mod to try something different and every time i start a main game or just a battle i get empire has stop working i took everything out of my data file after taking darth mod of and ran the game before puting this mod and it work

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by salerman33 View Post
    Hi there i play the darthmod and i downloaded your mod to try something different and every time i start a main game or just a battle i get empire has stop working i took everything out of my data file after taking darth mod of and ran the game before puting this mod and it work
    Try running as administrator.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

By darthmod do you mean the normal smaller DarthMod or DMUC? If it wasDarthMod you need to verify the game via steam after you uninstall it, if it is DMUC you probably need to remove the unit_pack compatibility file from the data folder.

ForteS or Boicote, are you still with goal to expand the ETW map? I'm reading comments about Brazil, Peru etc.

And also, gratz by projet.

This mod does not include a modded map, not is it likely to. Brazil is included in that it is an active faction in the diplomacy, but it does not have any regions.

Played fine for like an hour on the campaign map, played fine during a naval battle, however when I try to play my first land battle my game crashes during in the loading screen. I haven't tried to auto-resolve it but I suppose it would work since I wouldn't leave the campaign map. I'm running Vista, have Empire v1.5 and replaced the loc file. Is this a know issue (is there a way to solve it)?

By replaced the loc file, what exactly do you mean?

Try reinstalling the mod and verifying the game, that might fix the crashes.

By replaced the loc file, what exactly do you mean?
    I mean I downloaded the LOC HOTFIX file from this topic and placed it in C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\IG2\Packs, replacing the old IMPERIUM_GLOBALE II loc.pack. That's what I was supposed to do, right?
    I'm reinstalling the mod now, that means I have to replace the loc.pack again, right?
    Should I keep my old savegame and test it afterwards or just start a new game?

EDIT: Just saw the "verifying the game". I suppose that's reinstalling Empire, right? I have erased everything (even Steam) and installed it again yesterday. Something wasn't right about it, since the Empire.exe was nowhere to be found, so I reinstalled Empire. That brought up a Steam window about verifying game files (and placed the Empire.exe where it should be), so I suppose I did that just before installing IGII. Should I do it again?

Thanks
    Last edited by Alpa; December 11, 2011 at 09:35 AM.

make sure the hotfix has exactly the same name as the original loc file, otherwise the launcher will not move it around as it should.

If you have already verified as you say you should not need to do so again.

Did what you said, campaign doesn't work at all now, not even a new game. When I get to the loading screen, sound stops for a second, restarts, then Empire crashes to desktop.
    The hotfix has exactly the same name as the original file. I uninstaled and reinstalled IGII, I replaced the loc again.
    This has happened to me before, I just can't seem to play Imperium Globale II. The first IG worked fine until the update.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

Uninstall IG2 and any other mod you happen to have, verify ETW via steam, make sure that vanilla works, and then reinstall IG2 with admin rights.

That was exactly what I did before installing it the last time. I'll give it another go and let you know how it turns out though.

Uninstalled IG2, verified the game, I have the same problem I had before with vanilla. This always happens after installing IG2 so it is somehow destroying both itself and the vanilla game.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Alpa View Post
    Did what you said, campaign doesn't work at all now, not even a new game. When I get to the loading screen, sound stops for a second, restarts, then Empire crashes to desktop.
    The hotfix has exactly the same name as the original file. I uninstaled and reinstalled IGII, I replaced the loc again.
    This has happened to me before, I just can't seem to play Imperium Globale II. The first IG worked fine until the update.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    Loading screen crashes are often solved by using the "Run as Administrator" (rightclick on Steam and select it) command. It's probably to do with administrator privileges.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Not this one, since I always run Steam and IGII as an administrator. Is there any hope for my game? The only way I could find to fix this was to uninstall empire and steam, reinstall it from scratch, and play nonstop (praying for a crash not to happen). Everytime I restart my computer, it gets this problem. I've seen a similar thing in this thread, the one about sound settings, but that isn't the case also since I changed mine to the lowest quality available (16bit).

I'm thinking of trying DMUC, is this in some way compatible with it?
    Only thing that has been keeping me from trying it is the apparent lack of new units for Portugal, what I really liked about this mod.