Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: IMPERIUM GLOBALE II

Default Re: IMPERIUM GLOBALE II

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Fortes are you sure all the names/descriptions from UPC 6.3 are in the mod?
    I don't want to answer for him, but I don't think so. I applied the UCP and still, tons of names didn't show up. On my vannilla version, though, as soon as I apply the UCP, the names from the PUP pop right up. So I guess the names in IGII don't correspond to the ones in the UCP 6.3.

Anyway, I'm willing to correct some of these issues. I'll start doing so by tomorrow. If I manage to figure out a solution for the issues I listed above, I'll post the edited files here and spare you guys of some extra work. This is, if you want me to do so. I'll correct them anyway because I don't like to see a mod with such potential ruined by such small details, so It's up to you guys.

Dear IG II modders,

Is it compatible with the Dark Lord's Darthmod: UC.
    Awesome mod by the way.

Your Friend,
    HisAwesomeness

P.S. this post is already post #39 but unfortunately nobody answered my question, and er... sorry if its a noob question.

The most awesome page on the internet
    The most awesome page in the internet

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

So I got really excited about this mod, installed it in the normal directory where all of my previous mods had gone. Btw, I installed after I did a completely clean reinstall of ETW + DLC (I have all of it). I can launch the mod but when I try to start a new campaign (Britain, any victory condition, on VH/VH) I get a ctd. I've tried doing it with additional units off and on, doesn't seem to matter.

Ideas?

Never mind, I don't understand why, but now the mod seems fine.
    Last edited by I WUB PUGS; October 23, 2011 at 06:46 PM.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

@everyone having CTD problems, uninstall the mod and install it again (with admin priveliges etc) and see if that does the trick. If it were a problem with the mod files themselves, then everyone would be getting it, and my campaign for one loads perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by HisAwesomeness View Post
    Dear IG II modders,

Is it compatible with the Dark Lord's Darthmod: UC.
    Awesome mod by the way.

Your Friend,
    HisAwesomeness

P.S. this post is already post #39 but unfortunately nobody answered my question, and er... sorry if its a noob question.

They can both be installed at the same time without interfering with each other (with one exception-they use different loc files, so if you play IG2 you have to remove the UPC project loc file from your data folder, if only temporarily.

As to whether you can use IG2 features in DMUC, no, to put it briefly that is not possible.
    Last edited by Tango12345; October 26, 2011 at 11:02 AM.

@♔Tango12345♔
    no - it really does CTD - i'm not playing with steam, therefore my install directory is G:\installed games\empire - total war
    this should work, as it works with all other games for all other mods.
    nevertheless; it doesn't, so i don't know what the problem is, for it looks like a GREAT mod - still, at every loading screen (battle or campaign) it CTD's (EVEN with your solution of installing AND executing with admin rights)

@everyone
    so please people, I have been looking on this forum for 2 weeks without an solution but with the same CTD at loading screen error

greetz from Holland =)

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TTocsxic View Post
    i'm not playing with steam
    There's your whole problem right there, I advise you to get a legal copy, your luck will change...

hip63

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

@♔Tango12345♔
    no - it really does CTD - i'm not playing with steam, therefore my install directory is G:\installed games\empire - total war
    this should work, as it works with all other games for all other mods.
    nevertheless; it doesn't, so i don't know what the problem is, for it looks like a GREAT mod - still, at every loading screen (battle or campaign) it CTD's (EVEN with your solution of installing AND executing with admin rights)

@everyone
    so please people, I have been looking on this forum for 2 weeks without an solution but with the same CTD at loading screen error

greetz from Holland =)
    Try running as Administrator.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Geronimo-that won't work either since hes running a pirate copy of the game, which is completely unsupported (as its illegal).

then why ARE Dartmod and 'A proper Empire - Terra Incognita' working on my copy?
    Do I feel a bit of anti-piracy here? for I'm just anti-steam and I have a lot of legitimate copies of games (e.g. - just bought Battlefield 3 for pc and Arkham City for xbox 360)
    so no hard feelings please..? =$
    Last edited by TTocsxic; October 27, 2011 at 09:12 AM.

You may have been lucky. Illegal copies of the game are not supported. End of.

Foederatus

guys, there's something not working in the mod, i tried everithing that has been said, but the majority of the new units will cause CTD... if someone has an idea please... speak now! (my copy is legal)
    Last edited by Alejander; October 27, 2011 at 09:42 AM.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Do I feel a bit of anti-piracy here? for I'm just anti-steam and I have a lot of legitimate copies of games (e.g. - just bought Battlefield 3 for pc and Arkham City for xbox 360)
    so no hard feelings please..? =$
    Hey whatever you do on your own PC is up to you but support for a bootleg copy ain't gonna happen (no matter how many other games you may have bought).

There are plenty of posts in various threads around here were people have had problems running mods on bootleg copies and the answer is always the same, we don't/won't support it so don't ask us to.

Supporting piracy in any form will get your mod banned with the most serious swiftness imaginable. An extreme violation of the Terms of Service for here.

It also doesn't help when people pirating the game start posting issues that aren't the mod's fault (it's the fault of the pirated copy) and ends up making the mod look bad because others think that issues are with the mod.

I have had people post in the threads for my own mods that the mod worked after they got a legal copy of the game, instead of trying to play the mod on a pirated copy. So that being said, what else are we suppose to think or do?

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; October 27, 2011 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alejander View Post
    guys, there's something not working in the mod, i tried everithing that has been said, but the majority of the new units will cause CTD... if someone has an idea please... speak now! (my copy is legal)

Entirely possible that it was Geronimo's units (specifically the officers), but I need to keep checking on that front. If you turn additional units off do you still get crashes?

I would have my messages deleted, don't know how though...
    sorry guys, I really didn't mean to insult this forum OR the mod - for it sure looks like a fine mod
    delete my messages at your wish

TTocsxic over and out

Foederatus

yeah, turning off those units solve the proble, and the cavalry one, while sometimes lacking the officer, seem to work... but not the infantry... oh, and there's still that problem with the french unit size...

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    Geronimo-that won't work either since hes running a pirate copy of the game, which is completely unsupported (as its illegal).
    I'm talking about the Windows "Run as Administrator" command which is perfectly legal. All my CTDs stopped when I used it. You just rightclick on the Steam icon of a legal copy of the game and choose "Run as Administrator". A lot of ETW loading screen crashes are because of permission related issues and this is how to fix them.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

That is exactly what I was referring to as well, and I never said it was illegal.

What I said was using that function on an illegal copy of the game (which the user had) would not make the blindest bit of difference.

I downloaded this and the first one and with both ever time i try and load a save it crashes. whats wrong with it?

Was it a save from before you installed the mod? Did you change the unit option in the launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Endzite View Post
    I downloaded this and the first one and with both ever time i try and load a save it crashes. whats wrong with it?
    You have to use all the same mods you used when you saved the game. Otherwise save game loads will result in crashes.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog