Thread: Time Commanders models and skins?

Default Time Commanders models and skins?

If people have seen Time Commanders, they must have seen the many custom skins, such as the Armenian General carrying white armour a shield and sword. I was wondering if any of these new units had been released for download or anybody has manged to duplicate them?
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Time Commanders models and skins?

Some of the units seen in Time Commanders are used in BI such as those units seen in the Stamford Bridge and Hastings episode, and the episode with the Huns in, Chalons i think. Other models and skins used in Time Commanders are still in RTw, just unused, i started the lost units project a while back(now dead) and that discovered many unused models and skins, some of which had been used in Time Commanders episodes. No one has tried to recreate models and skins from Time Commanders as far as i am aware.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

I like the program very much but I didn't find skins of them
    But if someone know where I can get the episodes you may say it to me
    I will search for some skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    Some of the units seen in Time Commanders are used in BI such as those units seen in the Stamford Bridge and Hastings episode, and the episode with the Huns in, Chalons i think. Other models and skins used in Time Commanders are still in RTw, just unused, i started the lost units project a while back(now dead) and that discovered many unused models and skins, some of which had been used in Time Commanders episodes. No one has tried to recreate models and skins from Time Commanders as far as i am aware.
    And for some reason, some of those started to appear for me in Quick Battle

Thanks guys, Time Commanders has just finished on UKTV Docs now, they've been showing episodes for about a month of series 1, so i think you've just missed them Mored. You might be able to mind some episodes somewhere on the net. Its a shame the project was abandoned Lusted, i would have liked to see them.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    what do you mean unused skins? Can they be easily activated? If so, how?
    The enemy of my enemy dies next.
    GLADIO VIVERE SPONDENTES IN QVISQVAM NISI NEX GLADIO NON DESINABIMVS
    There are no rights, only privleges. How do you earn yours?

There are unused models and textures in RTW that can be activated by adding in new units, search for the consolidated lost units project for more info on this, the thread contains info on most units that were found.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

So I found some of the "lost" units you were speaking of. One of them was the greek officer. But why is there not a texture for it? The decr_model_battle lists one but there isn't. And I can't get the standard bearer to ride a horse. I added a line "skeleton_horse fs_hc_swordsman" and other variations but each one caused the game to ctd after the initiall loading screen. And is there a unit card for the greek sacred band? Or does someone have one?
    The enemy of my enemy dies next.
    GLADIO VIVERE SPONDENTES IN QVISQVAM NISI NEX GLADIO NON DESINABIMVS
    There are no rights, only privleges. How do you earn yours?

Don't put skeleton_horse, just put skeleton, only generals need to have all the different skeleton lines. No unit cards foor the sacred band, and the greek hoplite officer only has textures for macedon, thrace, and the seleucids.
    Creator of:

Time Commanders, I love that show. I watched the programmes that have been on recently. I tried to enable the skins like the ones in Time Commanders, But the legs ended up on the shields and the shield texture on the stomach etc. I would like to see those units properly. Any ideas?

Hexdragon's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Vyktrius View Post
    So I found some of the "lost" units you were speaking of. One of them was the greek officer. But why is there not a texture for it? The decr_model_battle lists one but there isn't. And I can't get the standard bearer to ride a horse. I added a line "skeleton_horse fs_hc_swordsman" and other variations but each one caused the game to ctd after the initiall loading screen. And is there a unit card for the greek sacred band? Or does someone have one?
    Too late for a reply here, but better late than never

Last year uploaded unit cards for greek sacred band, greek swordmen and other greek "lost units" here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1636

Updated the zip file two days ago.

We for Decisive Time Commanders mod I, Used standard Vanilla BI skins and placed them on different Cas models inorder to get the desired effect for the Anglo Saxon English.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ders-mod/page2