Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod! Playable ROTS Ashikaga available!

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod!

Recently i tested the 4th pack of this mod. In the game menu the new minor clans are available and playable. BUT now all clans in the map have wrong names, including the one you play. So i started as kikkawa. But the displayed name was chosokabe! And the real chosokabes got a name of another minor clan.

So i will do everything to remove this. What i can do? Currently i have no mod installed. So what i did so far is following:

1. Took your pack file into my data directory of shogun 2
    2. renamed it into zzminors_set4.rar to be last data file.

I think it has to do that i do not have the english version of Shogun 2 installed. Because in the clan descriptions in the menu, there is the kikkawa clan described as Chosokabe in my language.

PLEASE HELP

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod!

Sorry for the late reply, mate. This has to do with the fact the mod only deals with the english language. It doesn't make it unplayable, but there's a degree of lacking immersion if you play in any language of than english.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

I have just added a new pack, allowing for the Ashikaga to be playable in ROTS. It was created some time ago, but I thought I'd post it for the benefit of the community. Oh, and yes, you will need to have bought ROTS for them to be playable.

Download here.
    Last edited by Akaie; January 30, 2012 at 07:51 PM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

the ROTS all minor clans will be your best mod yet i reckon!!!! + REP for fantastic effort

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod! Playable ROTS Ashikaga available!

I tried the island country of Honma and they cannot build the ashigaru basic units spear or archers they are not here at all to build no matter what size of fort you build. Any ideas the others seem to work great only seen this with that clan.

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod! Playable ROTS Ashikaga available!

Thanks for reporting. When I get to refining these packs, I'll be sure to fix that up.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I dont know if you are aware, but this stuff works in multiplayer. My friend and i both got the pack and i hosted the multiplayer campaign and we both played as minor clans.

Its very fun so thank you so much.

Heres the deal tho: You said its useless to make ikko and hattori slots for those with the dlc, but im saying it is useful. When i play with my friend, we want to get 2 clans that start by each other. so we want to use mori and kikkawa for example, well mori could take ikko's spot and the rest of the pack could remain the same.

Also, i was wondering:
    when u do a multiplayer campaign, it uses a scrolldown box instead of buttons to choose ur starting clans. doesnt this mean u could make a pack that has all the minors and all the mains together and when u choose ur clan itll make a long dropdown box instead of the short 1? I tried doing that but im not a good modder and couldnt figure it out.

The big pack would only work multiplayer because its the only way to havea dropdown list but it would be insanely fun to release that big pack and then people could host game with all the clans enable and those with that big pack could join. cause right now if i want ouchi and he wants another clan for another pack, we cant do it. we need to both use the same pack

Ideally, I'd love to do that. Hell, if that were the case, someone else would've created a clan pack and there would be no need for S2:TC.

My method has not been done before, not because it couldn't be done, but because it was far easier to add all factions to the campaign in N:TW and E:TW. I know being forced into playing two clans of a particular set may not be ideal for you, but it's the best I can offer under the circumstances. In the end, you get to play minor clans in a MP campaign.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

thats fine my friend and i owe u so much for this. we were getting tired of shogun and now we cant stop tryn different combinations with the minor ones.

i was just letting u know about my idea in multiplayer cause i found that not many people were talking about multiplayer. so i was wondering if it was even possible.

what would be cool tho is if you could write a tutorial on how to change the clan packs so u can make ur own pack.

(obvi u might not have time. feel free to say no)

I did open the .pack with a program but inside i edit 3 fields that i thought would be right but in game it doesnt change anything so im doing something wrong.

Once I get more time, I'd be happy to write some tutorials. At the moment I find it easier to just spend the minority of the time it would take to write out a clear tutorial simply doing the modding myself - after all, it would seem there are more players than there are modders. Anyway, I'm glad you guys get more gameplay out of Shogun 2 .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

I extended the years for the default campaign to year 1700 and ROTS to year 1330. This will give each campaign a total of 155 years to play with. Each one of your downloads had to be modified. Each one of your mods are combined into one download file now too. I wanted my Extended Years Mod to be compatible, but since your mod requires the startpos.esf file, I had to modify your mod.

Thx for adding such a great mod to the community.
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; February 11, 2012 at 12:45 PM.

Playable Ashikaga? With an unique power and such? My gratitude old chap, have a cup of fragrant earl rep... I mean earl grey

Is there still a decent amount of interest in this mod to warrant some updating?

Patron of Erwin Rommel

just checking to see if you fixed the HONMA clan yet be fun to play them I think. BTW thought I would mention this is a disable mod for REALM DIVIDE. Gallusmod-RemoveRealmDivide.rar just do search for it.

Haven't updated the packs yet. If there's a decent amount of demand, I'll commit the time. Need to be conservative .

Realm divide is a hard-coded feature which cannot be removed. Those sorts of mods only work around the hard code. With the word 'remove', I presume it means to increase the RD thresholds to unreachable extents. In any case, that should be compatible should you wish to use it .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Here's the Total Clans Extended Years to 1700 mod in individual downloads.

kaasbris's Avatar Civis

Thank Anton. I enjoy your mode a lot!
    I've played Miyoshi, one of most satisfying play.

But I found Miyoshi got all Chosokabe traits and units.
    You see, it feels just another Chosokabe play.
    Can you remove those clan traits and units?
    Or give Miyoshi small traits like farming bonus only.

All those benefits, it doesn't feel like playing minor.

Hey Anton .

Once again , i express my congratulation to this fantastic mod .

I was wondering tough why the Ukita Clan isnt in ?

Thanks

Willy

Icon9 Re: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod! Playable ROTS Ashikaga available!

i need your help Anton i deed what you said but noting hapins plz helpoh and my steam acount is supreme shogunate cause i think your asome

Quote Originally Posted by kaasbris View Post
    Thank Anton. I enjoy your mode a lot!
    I've played Miyoshi, one of most satisfying play.

But I found Miyoshi got all Chosokabe traits and units.
    You see, it feels just another Chosokabe play.
    Can you remove those clan traits and units?
    Or give Miyoshi small traits like farming bonus only.

All those benefits, it doesn't feel like playing minor.
    I was under the impression clan traits were applied in the faction ID primarily used in the startpos.esf, rather than the more common FactionID we see in the db (i.e. "miyoshi" for Miyoshi).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Willy View Post
    Hey Anton .

Once again , i express my congratulation to this fantastic mod .

I was wondering tough why the Ukita Clan isnt in ?

Thanks

Willy
    They aren't actually in the vanilla game, much to my dismay. Fortunately, I have dealt with this in two distinct mods. ABVOM overwrites the Urakami with the Ukita. The Sekigahara Campaign does much of the same, except it is part of the first alternate scenario mod for S2. The Ukita are one of the major (playable) clans in The Sekigahara Campaign, however you might consider using .Mitch's. All Clans Playable instead of Shogun 2: Total Clans as the method this mod uses begets compatibility annoyances. Have fun .

Quote Originally Posted by supreme shogunate View Post
    i need your help Anton i deed what you said but noting hapins plz helpoh and my steam acount is supreme shogunate cause i think your asome
    What, exactly, did you do?

To get going, you'll need to extract the .pack file from one of the six .rar/.7z files attached to the first post of this thread.

Copy that .pack file to Shogun 2's data folder. It should look something like this:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data
    OR
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data

Start the game as you normally would. Choose the "Shogun 2" if you used one of the five main campaign packs or "Rise of the Samurai" if you want to play the ROTS Ashikaga. You should notice new visuals and clan names in these clan selection menus.

Patron of Erwin Rommel