Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: United Romans for DarthMod 7.5 mini-mod

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Default United Romans for DarthMod 7.5 mini-mod

This mini-mod is based on Marvius suggestion to unite the Romans for DarthMod.
    He has made a great site for DarthMod, just follow this link.

And follow this link to his own marvellous site.

This mini-mod unites the Julii, Brutii and Scipii into "Republic Of Rome", but the Senate still controls Rome so you can attack it later in the game and become Emperor...

I also tried to deal with the German-Briton war thingy by changing some lines in "descr_strat.txt"

Next version will also include a new map.

Download Links:
    United Romans For Darth Mod 7.5

K.K
    Last edited by Kaweh; May 07, 2006 at 11:28 AM.

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Dejan77's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: United Romans for DarthMod 7.0 mini-mod

Nice mod byt only Julii are family members
    i modify little "descr_strat.txt" so all generals become family members

----Edit----
    This is obsolete now but I preserve it here as observation file... Darth
    Last edited by DARTH VADER; May 07, 2006 at 04:32 AM.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by Dejan77
    Nice mod byt only Julii are family members
    i modify little "descr_strat.txt" so all generals become family members
    Ok, thanks.

K.K

Make this mini-mod also when DM_7.5 is uploaded ok? For those who like playing this way.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    Make this mini-mod also when DM_7.5 is uploaded ok? For those who like playing this way.
    Sure. Looking forward to 7.5

K.K

Dejan77's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

can i help u somehow...
    i mean if you need any help im here

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by Dejan77
    can i help u somehow...
    i mean if you need any help im here
    Maybe I'll need help adding the Mundus Magnus map to the game, although I've added it to soem other mods without problems.
    Thank you very much for your offer :laughing: , I'll come back to it when I need help!

K.K

Thank you Kaweh K!

This will be a good optional Patch for DarthMod ,tks Kawen good project....but pls concentrate as much as you can in the completion of the unit cards..the fans are getting hungry!!!

ei i should have the credits for that its my idea hehehe lol i just want you to put a link to the darthsite and my website thats all i want... hehehe pls

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by marvius
    ei i should have the credits for that its my idea hehehe lol i just want you to put a link to the darthsite and my website thats all i want... hehehe pls
    Yeah, that's right, if you didn't mention it, I'd never made this! I'll add the links to the first post. Btw, I love that video on the site. The Imperial March is one of the best pieces of music I've ever heard, and the stormtroopers playing violine is just too funny...

K.K

Marvius fix your signature to be called a DarthMod member....you are officialy one from a long time ago.

yeah its fix hehe im proud of it ...

I downloaded this mod a while back because of it's reputation, it certainly lives up to it I have to say. Love the idea of a united Roman faction but with one exception. Can you supply a screenshot of the starting positions please? It'd be ideal if the Romans didn't start off a large area of Italy under it's sway since it would be too easy then. My ideal situtaion would be to have the Romans starting with modest holdings and low tech towns, after all the rise of Rome wasn't inevitable and I think this would help illustrate that. If nothing else could I please have a screenshot please?

22 people looked at this thread since I posted. C'mon people! An answer would be just as good as a screenshot.

Hey KK - dont you prefer webbirds map? It covers the same area as Darth's map, but makes it twice as large so you have much greater distances between the cities (no more siege fests). If you like i will help you implement it on top of Darthmod and a single roman faction I finish my last exam tuesday so will be at a loose end for a few weeks. I quite like the MM map - but it adds a load of useless territory for which Darthmod has no factions.

If time permits i think it would be good to implement the map first (mini-mod) then implement the single roman faction mod as a mini-mod of a mini-mod. as you can assume that all players using the single roman faction mod will play as the romans we can make it faction specific (restrict the player to just the romans) and really have some fun ramping up the difficulty

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by traitain
    I downloaded this mod a while back because of it's reputation, it certainly lives up to it I have to say. Love the idea of a united Roman faction but with one exception. Can you supply a screenshot of the starting positions please? It'd be ideal if the Romans didn't start off a large area of Italy under it's sway since it would be too easy then. My ideal situtaion would be to have the Romans starting with modest holdings and low tech towns, after all the rise of Rome wasn't inevitable and I think this would help illustrate that. If nothing else could I please have a screenshot please?
    Well, I have to disappoint you.. The Romans hold the whole Italian Penisuela in this mod. But it's still in a kind of "beta phase", since the major improvements will be made once a new map is added.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy1973
    Hey KK - dont you prefer webbirds map? It covers the same area as Darth's map, but makes it twice as large so you have much greater distances between the cities (no more siege fests). If you like i will help you implement it on top of Darthmod and a single roman faction I finish my last exam tuesday so will be at a loose end for a few weeks. I quite like the MM map - but it adds a load of useless territory for which Darthmod has no factions.

If time permits i think it would be good to implement the map first (mini-mod) then implement the single roman faction mod as a mini-mod of a mini-mod. as you can assume that all players using the single roman faction mod will play as the romans we can make it faction specific (restrict the player to just the romans) and really have some fun ramping up the difficulty
    Well, I originaly wanted to add the Mundus Magnus map...
    But what about making a poll about which map to add? You're help will be highly appreciated, Shaggy, no matter which map we'll add.

K.K

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

i personally find the mundus magnus map too big..too many provinces-too much income-too many armies-too many sieges.

but a poll sounds like a good idea i think

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlerich
    i personally find the mundus magnus map too big..too many provinces-too much income-too many armies-too many sieges.

but a poll sounds like a good idea i think
    Yes. Well, I can't add a poll, we'll have to wait 'till Darth or a mod adds it to this thread...

K.K

provinces are easily altered

the question is more, do you want a map that exteands to india, and half way down africa? it will be tremedously hard to balance the campaign and have it "feel like dartmod" still on MM due to the huge amounts of rebels provinces. the ai will go off and do lots of wierd things which we dont want. it is better to have factions like carthage fighting in central mediterrenean than all around africa.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast