Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installation

Default Installation

Where abouts do I unpack the mod file?
    Application Data/The Creative assembly/Empire?

Thanks

Default Re: Installation

copy everything here:

Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data

startpos and script file located in campaign/main folder will overwrite the original startpos, so if you want you can back up it first. Anyway changes done to it, are completly compatible with vanilla game, so it can be used even as standalone.

Thanks,

Got it installed.
    Im Trying to change the multiplier to 2 as per [Path: users/(your computer name)/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/Scripts],
    but I dont quite understand where it is and what I need to change to get 320 men.

search for preferences.script.txt file. inside search for campaign_unit_multiplier and change the value from 1 to 2

Will this mod interferre with the vanilla version or the other mods?

not with vanilla. This mod is a lightweight mod in comparation to others with intention to "improve" vanilla instead of changing it completely. Compatibility with other mods might be more problematic, as they can modify same files, which will result in mixture of both.

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    not with vanilla. This mod is a lightweight mod in comparation to others with intention to "improve" vanilla instead of changing it completely. Compatibility with other mods might be more problematic, as they can modify same files, which will result in mixture of both.
    I have a question but didn't think it deserves it's own thread because you guys are talking about it here. Is it possible to switch between this another mod(DMUC) and vanilla without having to uninstall anything? Thanks BTW

that is hard, some files in DMUC are also set as movie type (dont require user.script) and those might interfere with ER3. Probably the easiest way to do it would be to move all DMUC files (they have same prefix i suppose) to different folder and move user.script away from scripts folder too. then it should work.

I have overwritten the files in the appropriate folder. Still it seems that my game is untouched (I still can't play "Warpath" for example). Is there anything besides just overwriting the files that I should do first?

nope, you need to delete all older mod files and copy new ones. mixing old with new files might result in crashes or weird gameplay

If I have a fresh install of Empire, which is fully patched up and I install the realism mod, then the game just crashes on startup. But if I install Darthmod and then install realism, it loads fine (although I have to tweak the garrison files in darthmod or they are just crazy high). Just curious as to why this might be.

That is very strange, because ER3 was designed to work 100% bug free with vanilla. Are you 100% sure you deleted user script file?

yeah, it was a totally clean install. Not to worry, I can play it, so all is ok from my point of view. I was just curious is all

guys I'm brand new, and have no idea how to download this awesome and realistic mod. where do i find the mod download????

Hi guys. Ehrm... Ive installed ETW after several years and found out this mode. Looks interesting, Ive extracted the zip file Empire realism 3.5 into *...empire total war/data.. launched the game through the steam (later directly from directory) and...nothings happened. Im expecting that there should be a different picture at the beginnig and somewhere should be written that its realism mode...but I cant see it nowhere. Still noted that its version 1.5...
    Any help? Thanks a lot...

If you copied everything in, you have it installed. Easiest way how to check it, is by starting campaign as British and check initial units (ships and land units) experience. In vanilla game all units starts with 0, in ER you will see several experienced units available.

in the future, there will be a new ER splash screen as it is requested by many people.. i just have to find some good graphics who can create it

Hi,

I know I have asked this quetion before, but I cant get the 320 men per line Inf to work again
    this is what I have changed...........
    campaign_unit_multiplier 2; # campaign_unit_multiplier <float>, Set default unit multiplier for campaign #
    gfx_unit_scale 3; # gfx_unit_scale <int>, Set unit scale. 0 - lowest, 3 - ultra #
    all I get is 200 per LI.

I reinstalled ETW as I did not have it on this computer, downloaded the lastest mod(3.7) and did the above chnages.

in ER 3.7 scale changed to Battalion size, so single unit is now 200men, while regiment is 400-600 (2-3 units) I'm still working on complete change log where this will be fully explained.

but practically, this decision was made to ease up on collision issues AI had with units, while improving siege behavior, as huge units had much more issues on walls than smaller ones. 200 men size is optimal in this case. Plus, with battalion size, its possible to simulate real battlefield tactics better, as you can use regiments historically - for example send just one battalion in line, while two others are supporting it on flanks in column formation etc..

It also means you can use 30-40 units per stack mod with ER (while i plan to ask for permission to integrate that mod into ER in the future)
    Last edited by JaM; January 03, 2013 at 03:30 AM.

K, that was a couple of hours of frastration - all good now. Do u know when u might integrate the 30 - 40 units per stack in game? or where can I get that 1?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast