Thread: Really bad ai in vanilla?

Default Really bad ai in vanilla?

Ok I just tried this mod on the crusades campaign and I must say I am very impressed. It is actually possible to lose battles now even if the AI troops is only slightly more powerful, the cavalry always attempt to flank and those mamluks are deadly now! Will do more testing, but I'm very impressed so far.

Some question though, is it possible to apply the battle AI in vanilla MTW? Do I need to copy certain files or something? Also, is there any campaign ai/diplomacy mod that is recommended to go with the vanilla TW?

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: Really bad ai in vanilla?

That's a tough question - I never made any specific efforts to make AI compatible with vanilla.
    The biggest problem is the main advantage of my AI - scripting - I'm not sure it'd work.

You caould check by installing RBAI in the same folder as MTW and then applying it, if anything goes wrong you can untick RBAI and old files will be brought back.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

I'll lend this thread for a question. I was gonna ask wether it was compatible with the kingdoms campaigns, but it seems to only work on the kingdom campaigns? Do I only have to install it once or once for every campaign? And to what extend is it compatible with other mods, I thought of trying it with the KGCM.

Thanks in advance

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Generally it's meant for kingdoms-compatible mods, I've never checked it with vanilla MTW (I'm getting the impression I knew why precisely it shouldn't be compatible with MTW, but I'm forgetful...), if you apply ReallyBadAI Universal to vanilla MTW and don't get instant errors in the log file, the campaign might actually work.

You need to install RBAI and apply via setup to each chosen mod (or Kingdoms campaign), you'll get errors with KGCM, but you can ignore them, find ReallyBadAI_Universal folder (this is the one you want to apply to KGCM btw) and config_ai_battle.xml, and battle_config.xml, then just copy them to your KGCM\data\ folder.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Hey there, just wanted to ask if someone tried RBAI with the vanilla game meanwhile. Would be great if it works, because i really appreciate this mod. Go on with that great work G5