Thread: musket lethality

Default musket lethality

I played a game the other day and saw that the muskets don't do any damage realy, even at close range they don't do enough. During the peninsular campaign british line used to defeat colums by intense volley fire, I sense in this game that it doesn't seem to work, I'm not saying the mod is bad because I think its great, but I just get the sense that the balance between melee and shooting isn't quite right as bayonet charges seem to always win. Also I had a unit of rifles that after like 3 volleys were fired they only killed 3 men. Has anyone else found this?

Default Re: musket lethality

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    I played a game the other day and saw that the muskets don't do any damage realy, even at close range they don't do enough. During the peninsular campaign british line used to defeat colums by intense volley fire, I sense in this game that it doesn't seem to work, I'm not saying the mod is bad because I think its great, but I just get the sense that the balance between melee and shooting isn't quite right as bayonet charges seem to always win. Also I had a unit of rifles that after like 3 volleys were fired they only killed 3 men. Has anyone else found this?
    This is a MP mod, the SP is being worked on by others. The forums can help u catch up with the current topics.

SP or MP the musket lethality is deadly at close range, much less at medium/long range. Wait to see the white in their eyes before fire the volley and charge. No french column can resist to that

panzer 4's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    the mod uses a 1 to 3, hence if you engage at range 70, it really actually is 210, so you need to get to about range 25 so that it is range 75.
    The US will gladly step up to become the world police when there is oil involved, yet they will resign the second there is a genocide in Africa, a slaughter in an allied nation, or a massacre committed by dictators, all who's nations have nothing to offer, but the gratitude of the people to the international community for reaching out.

Andre J. Jassoch's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by panzer 4 View Post
    the mod uses a 1 to 3, hence if you engage at range 70, it really actually is 210, so you need to get to about range 25 so that it is range 75.
    Yes.This could be one possible reason.The second is that the soldiers in the first line are just shortsighted.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

At least it isn't as bad as Men of War, where the max range of a Sniper Rifle is a whole 70 yards
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

ok thanks, iv played it agian a few more times online and im getting used to it a bit more