Thread: BB Query?

matilda's Avatar Foederatus

Default BB Query?

Hi im using BB 4.01 and DLSM 0.92 as from yesterday.

The mod is great except for periodic regular crashings im getting during the AI turn. Can someone tell me if the GUI Interface is meant to be see through or not as im not familiar with the mod. It may sound like an odd question but my GUi Interface looks all screwed up to me and im wondering if thats causing the crashes, if something is wrong though I installed as instructed.

Heres a screenshot so you know exactly what im talking about.

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Default Re: BB Query?

Hi Matilda,

The GUI interface is meant to be see through.

As for regular crashes during AI turn : My campaign never crashes during the AI turn. Had a few occasions with 4.0 , but since 4.01 I've had none.

KR153's Avatar Semisalis

Canīt tell you anything about these crashes you experience - mine is running just fine....
    But the GUI is intended to look loke this. It changed with the release of 4.0. (Check the changelist of BB). Itīs still in progress and if you have suggestions you should adress Tokus Maximus. (I think heīs responsible) And: you should do that in the specific forum wich you can find in the upper section.
    Good luck with that btw
    NIE WEDDER SLAAV VUN ROM!

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

What looks 'screwed up' about the GUI? It's good to get feedback about such new work, but please make some effort to describe what your problem with it is.

BTW if you're getting CTDs it's probably because you haven't read and followed the install instructions.
    Last edited by Taiji; October 12, 2011 at 09:57 AM.

matilda's Avatar Foederatus

Well to my perception it looks a bit odd to say the least but hey if its meant to be like that its fine with me, finding errors is a process of elimination

I read the instructions perfectly Taiji, I even reinstalled like you advised yesterday and am only using BB 4.01 and DLSM 0.92 both with their requisite patches so to assume if there is a crash someone must of not installed it properly is a poor response, people are not retards and im certainly not lol.

However I did not say the error was in the MOD so no defensiveness is necessary. I am having some issues with my PC anyway right now and when I CTRL+ALT+DEL its M2TW that is not responding not the DLVBB so its obviously a M2TW platform error not a mod one.

Ive never submitted an error report here before and wouldn't know how so if someone wants to explain to me how I go about that and where to find the info Ill happily supply anything that can help folks play a better game and fix any issues.

cheers

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Me defensive? ... Hmmm, nope, I'm just telling you the situation: When people report CTDs I find out they have not installed the mod properly, or they're using antivirus like I told them not to.

If I could confirm that you have installed the game properly and that you aren't running any unnecessary software in the background then I'd be suggesting that either your OS needs reinstalling or else your hardware is broken/not up to the task.

To be honest it actually looks like you are being defensive because I criticised your (perhaps unintended) vague negative feedback on the new UI Tokus has been working so much on recently. The point being that we want feedback on it, but feedback with some substance, something that helps us understand what about it you don't like - 'screwed up' and 'a bit odd' doesn't really give us much to work with

If you have any specific criticism at all then please let us know, it all helps
    Last edited by Taiji; October 12, 2011 at 11:20 AM.