Thread: What difficulty should i play with this mod to get most balanced gameplay?

Default What difficulty should i play with this mod to get most balanced gameplay?

Going to start a new camping,need some advice,thx.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: What difficulty should i play with this mod to get most balanced gameplay?

By balanced I assume you mean where the ai doesn't get huge grants leading to dozens of full stacks with lots of experiance and ridiculously high morale type balance....^_^

I tend to go medium campaign/medium battle, or hard campaing/medium battle

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Default Re: What difficulty should i play with this mod to get most balanced gameplay?

I would be curious as of a official LME response to this question also?

I play on hard\hard but feels sometimes the ai is too hard to break in battle

too many bloody victories for me

think I will play on medium for a while

I am playing VH/H. I wanted France to be really powerful but they are loosing a lot of ground in France. I have already taken control of Northern France, Netherlands and am now moving to Southern France and Northern Spain. The French could quite easily get the land back as it is under control of my protectorate who are neutral in the matter.

I've now played some more VH Campaign and France are being trampled. They only have 4 regions left, with only one being in France, Bordeaux. I am now at war with Spain due to them attacking my French Protectorate but I have already beaten them back to Madrid. Could the LME Modding Team perhaps toughen the Campaign AI for VH? I have no idea if this is difficult or not, but I would be extremely grateful.

I agree to Morgan.
    I was playing now the 1813 campaign as France with VH/H (strategic/battles) for the first two years. The situation was looking worse at the beginning (with Spain as strong naval power in the back). I decided to defeat Spain and Portugal at first in my back and was in a hurry, because I was scare that Prussia (which was not at war with France in the beginnig, what is historical wrong), Austria (which was at war, what is also historical wrong) and Russia will attack me from the east.
    But they are not aggressiv enough and too defensive !!!
    After one year I had conquered Spain and Portugal became a protectorat and the other Allies (including Britain) didn't reach the Rhine and had a lot of troubles to defeat the Revolution armies in Germany, because they are not able to handle the moral of the population of the conquered German nations or were making peace with some of my allies (especially in Italy so that none attack can come from there).
    Now the Mediterranean is French, I have 30.000 income per turn, France is nearly build up to the top and I can recruit now strong armies (and also navies) to blow them away in a couple of months, because they are not attacking powerful (even in VH) - a little bit boring now...
    Last edited by Kretaner; October 16, 2011 at 09:06 AM.

I would suggest that you play a campaign as any faction on Hard/Medium or Hard/Hard without the UAI submod.
    But I would advise to play with the UAI submod enabled for a more diverse and demanding gameplay, here I would recommend Medium/Medium as a start, then Hard/Medium (for the second campaign) or even Hard/Hard.

Hope this answers your questions?

/iutland

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

I'm sorry, what is UAI? And what does it actually do to change the AI?

I have normally found that the harder your difficulty level on campaign the more the AI factions despise you for being human as a whole. It gets ridiculous when on VH CAI when it becomes a game of all the AI gang up on you for the only reason that you are the human player.

I have found that normal (also known as medium?) Campaign AI gives you a fun game. But the battle AI is really lame. So I find that a hard BAI gives them just enough of an edge to make them balanced. After all, the BAI in battle will almost always only attack frontally. The human player has the sense to be more dynamic. So, this small advantage makes the battles a little more balanced for the dimwitted AI.

Now my play is a little different than many players here. Most people I find try to "beat" the game by owning all the territory, and becoming the most powerful nation... I never play with the goal of defeating all the other factions. I play the historical campaign and attempt to play historically for which ever faction I am taking the role to. So it's a little more fun when the AI wants to negotiate with you.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by gaunty14 View Post

I tend to go medium campaign/medium battle, or hard campaing/medium battle
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

michell's Avatar Tiro

Hi
    I'm new in LME playing. First campaign I have played H/H (with UAI) and I think, that was the best option. Battles are difficult and challenging but realistic. Now I decided to play 1805 campaign H/M and battles are too easy even for such unexperienced player as me.

Quote Originally Posted by WarnerVH View Post
    I'm sorry, what is UAI? And what does it actually do to change the AI?

I have normally found that the harder your difficulty level on campaign the more the AI factions despise you for being human as a whole. It gets ridiculous when on VH CAI when it becomes a game of all the AI gang up on you for the only reason that you are the human player.

I have found that normal (also known as medium?) Campaign AI gives you a fun game. But the battle AI is really lame. So I find that a hard BAI gives them just enough of an edge to make them balanced. After all, the BAI in battle will almost always only attack frontally. The human player has the sense to be more dynamic. So, this small advantage makes the battles a little more balanced for the dimwitted AI.

Now my play is a little different than many players here. Most people I find try to "beat" the game by owning all the territory, and becoming the most powerful nation... I never play with the goal of defeating all the other factions. I play the historical campaign and attempt to play historically for which ever faction I am taking the role to. So it's a little more fun when the AI wants to negotiate with you.
    Thanks for the feedback, and I agree on the historical campaign approach UAI has it's own mod thread here: www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=370617

Quote Originally Posted by michell View Post
    Hi
    I'm new in LME playing. First campaign I have played H/H (with UAI) and I think, that was the best option. Battles are difficult and challenging but realistic. Now I decided to play 1805 campaign H/M and battles are too easy even for such unexperienced player as me.
    Thank you for posting your difficulty setting

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

How does difficulty system work in Napoleon TW?
    Does it give for example attack & defend bonus for AI units or what is it? I remember it was like that in Rome and Medieval 2 but don`t know this one..
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer