Thread: Europa Barbarorum CTD on Start up

Default Europa Barbarorum CTD on Start up

Ive just downloaded EB, installed over a clean install of TW patched to 1.2.

Now when i start game in crashes and says the following:

Script error in data/descr_event_images.txt, at line 623, columum 1
    Unkown event string faction_defeated_by_player

Anyone got any ideas how i can solve this and play the game.

Ive tryed installing several time and samething happens.

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum CTD on Start up

make sure you have chosen the right path with every installer: prog files/activision/ etc...
    Me is Caesar
    Me no care
    Me go recruit
    a legionnaire
    If he die
    Me no cry
    Me go recruit
    another guy!

Artifex

This problem indicates a bad install of RTW, a bad RTW patch, or a bad install of EB. Kull posted a specific list of instructions somewhere on how to make sure you have a clean install, but I don't know where it is at the moment.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

Here's a VERY detailed set of directions. Please read them carefully and follow them EXACTLY!!!!

First of all you have to begin with a clean RTW v1.0 install. If you have BI, RTW Gold, or have upgraded to 1.3 or 1.5, EB will not work. If you have the CD that will let you install RTW 1.0, then we can continue (otherwise you're probably out of luck.)

1) To be safe, perform a complete uninstall of RTW. I think you can do this using the "uninstall programs" icon in Windows Control Panel.

2) Install RTW 1.0 off the CDs. During the install, it will tell you where it is going! Make sure you write down that location, since you may need to use it when installing EB. Start up the game after installing to make sure it works.

3) Download the v1.2 patch to any location on your computer - put it on the "desktop" if you think you might misplace it. Then doubleclick the file, and it should install itself.

4) Download EB v.72 (again, put it on the desktop if you want). Doubleclick to install, and if it asks where to go, make sure it is THE SAME PLACE where v1.0 was installed! After installing, run the game to be sure EB loads up.

5) Download EB v.74 (again, put it on the desktop if you want). Doubleclick to install, and if it asks where to go, make sure it is THE SAME PLACE where v1.0 was installed! Unless you have a VERY SLOW computer, uncheck the option box for "High Speed Shortcut".

At this point you should be able to run the game from your "EB" desktop shortcut. Good Luck!
    EBII Council

I PLAY WITH KOINON ELLINON AND PTOLEMAIOI WITHOUT PROBLEMS UNTIL YEAR 192 , 190 OR 189 BC. AT ONE OF THESE YEARS WHEN I PRESS THE END TURN WHEN THE TURNS PASSES FROM THE ROMMANI IT CRACKS TO DESKOP. PLEASE HELP!