Thread: Gimp dds plug in

Default Gimp dds plug in

Hi, my Gimp dds plug-in isn't working. I installed it correctly but when I start Gimp and try to open a dds file it says the dds plug-in can't open it.

Any help?

Default Re: Gimp dds plug in

Same thing happens to me.

I'll post this in the graphics workshop help section, should they tell me a solution or I find out, I'll share.

If it's a 64bit version then make sure you install 64 bit version of DDS plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    If it's a 64bit version then make sure you install 64 bit version of DDS plugin.
    No, it's Windows 7 32 bit.

Post the version that you downloaded and the plugin that you downloaded.

Yeah i personally never installed GIMP because i'm a photoshop user but i installed it and this works for me absolutely fine.
    The links you provided are alright.

What you have to do is download & install the latest version of GIMP which you already have done that is v2.6.11

After the installation is complete download the DDS plugin from the attachment below in my post and open this .zip file after that put this dds.exe file in this location:
    C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins

That's it, after that you can load dds files through GIMP, save etc etc.
    Last edited by Ishan; October 15, 2011 at 02:27 PM.

I've done it like that before, now did it again and the same happens. It fails to open dds files.

Can you post the screenshot of the error message? Press prtscn and then paste it in MS paint.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The only part in portuguese "Falha ao abrir" means fail to open.

I'm not sure mate, i did exactly what i told you and it worked without a hitch. Are you sure the file is not corrupt of something? Try to open a .jpg file or something else and save it as DDS type.

Hey buddy you still there?
    There might be a possible solution to this if it's still not working, Read this post (the second part that is, guest account one) and the following posts please.

Ok, I'll try that. Just I am a bit of a noob with guest accounts. How can I transact the files? E-mail?

You can still access files in guest account also though one has to provide Admin password everytime you access those files.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    You can still access files in guest account also though one has to provide Admin password everytime you access those files.
    Thank you, let's see if this works.