Thread: How to make dust visible when soldiers walk/run

Icon5 How to make dust visible when soldiers walk/run

Hi. Is there a way to make dust appear when soldiers walkk or run, like we had in Napoleon?

I've been looking at landbattle.xml and unit_dust_parameters.txt, comparing to the ones in Napoleon, but had no success in showing any dust.

Any pointers regarding files to edit or values to change would be most helpful.
    Thanks.

Icon3 Re: How to make dust visible when soldiers walk/run

Quote Originally Posted by The_Stranger View Post
    Hi. Is there a way to make dust appear when soldiers walkk or run, like we had in Napoleon?

I've been looking at landbattle.xml and unit_dust_parameters.txt, comparing to the ones in Napoleon, but had no success in showing any dust.

Any pointers regarding files to edit or values to change would be most helpful.
    Thanks.
    Try this setting and adjust only this settings in unit_dust_parameters.txt! You ask me to look after that problem and here is my solution! Now you see dust in melee and walking/running! Put this in your data folder and look how the dust looks in melee combat and walking/running! Maybe increase the settings in walking/running gets more dust but kill many performance, too! The setting in landbattle.xml in Napoleon and Shogun are the same but with little difference! Maybe adjusting the settings min_lod_range, max_lod_range, thickness in landbattle.xml could help, too!

With my settings you see now a lot dust in melee combat and walking/running! But need a lot of fine tuning!
    Last edited by Superghostboy; July 01, 2012 at 08:12 AM.

Default Re: How to make dust visible when soldiers walk/run

ik this is a mega old thread but could i get some help with that too?