Thread: 【submod】realistic armor upgrade mod!

Default 【submod】realistic armor upgrade mod!

It takes me a few years to work, please check the attached file. Simply replace the original file in LTC data folder. BACK UP before replace.

This is a UNfinished sub mod, I just want to know how you guys are thinking about my working.

I think this mod will be done in a few weeks to months.

This submod is designed for campaigns.

Features:
    ●Whole new armor upgrading system(reasonable armor value, same looking but different armor value is no longer existed)
    ●unit factor rebalanced, consult the unit description.
    ●realistic arrow damage, range.
    ●horse armor considered.
    ●cavalry charging power rebalanced(more powerful than original)
    ●cavalry up keep doubled.
    ●Heavy armor is REALLY heavy armor, make soldiers hard to be killed.
    ●New unit added, mailed spear militia, no thing special, I got to add it so I can skip an armor upgrading bug.

You can test all units in custom battle, but some armor upgrading may not work correctly because this is designed for campaign.

To finish this mod, there will have at least 2 more files, descr_mount and descr_building.
    I'll make the cavalry more unstoppable since horses are more heavier and stronger than men.
    And scots guard will belongs to scotland, french will have french archer both mounted and foot.

And more...

hmmm...I think you need descr_mount so you can experience realistic cavalry charge. Upload it.
    (files updated)
    Last edited by kuo0426; October 23, 2011 at 09:43 PM.
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: 【submod】realistic armor upgrade mod!

About the cavalry... horses tend to avoid crushing on people.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: 【submod】realistic armor upgrade mod!

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    About the cavalry... horses tend to avoid crushing on people.
    You mean that cavalry should not crush on people?

Some times I agree but some situation I think both cavalry and infantry will crush. Especially infantrys that equipped longer weapons(ex.spear/2handed axe).

Armoured horse will not be crushed easily except facing normal spear or pike.

If you order Lancers to charge into swordmen or archer, you will notice that lancers almost no casualties.

BTW, infantry mass rebalanced, according to their defense skill and attack value.
    My English is poor...

Thanks for reading