Thread: CHANGING CUSTOM BATTLE SETTINGS

Default CHANGING CUSTOM BATTLE SETTINGS

is there a way to remove the unit limit in custom battles? for example the limit for katana heroes, so i can recruit more than 1 unit in custom battles. Any reply with be appreciated. Thanks

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: CHANGING CUSTOM BATTLE SETTINGS

I guess you can make a DB mod with the changes needed which you use for custom battles but remove before playing any campaign. You'll have to find the DB file called "units_tables" and the column heading "Unit Limit" there. Set the value to "0" for unlimited number of units or higher than "1" for limited availability over one unit. Don't work on the vanilla files directly for this, though, but create a mod, and it seems you need to base that mod on no higher patch than patch8 in order to be able to do the editing with the current version of PFM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Senator

Hi,

I'm trying to do the same thing. I want to run a custom battle with 20 hero units vs 3 armies or so.
    I have the unpatched original version of the game. So I just need to modify the 'units_table' file to do this?

Senator

How do you access this units_table file? All I see are .pack files in the data folder.