Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faction Family Trees - A DotS Preview

Default Re: Faction Family Trees - A DotS Preview

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    why does the poland tree have vannila portraits were as the scotland one has custom, im presuming that this is because the eastern europeans have yet to be completed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Portraits aren't sorted yet...:p

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Cheers Resurrection...

I've updated the 1st post to indicate portraits are NOT finalised for the previews.

...history abhors a paradox

-------------

The Source's Avatar Senator

ah thankyou, i missed that post, +rep for the quick reply

There is spelling error in sentence "Krolestmo Polska" that shude be "Królestwo Polskie".

Quote Originally Posted by diesel1 View Post
    There is spelling error in sentence "Krolestmo Polska" that shude be "Królestwo Polskie".
    Thats not actually an "m" but how a "w" is shown in the particular font I've used.
    The acute is similarly not included as in Królestwo due to the limitations of the font.

I've used the term "Polska" as that is how the faction is named in the mod itself, as simply "Polska". The use of the kingdom term on the preview was my personal preference and not a reflection on the faction name in the mod. I felt it better described the collection of characters rather then just typing "Poland".

Hope that explains it...

-------------

Nope that's wrong check that link

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kr%C3%B3lestwo_Polskie

it shows how to spell correctly Kingdom of Poland in polish (link from polish wikipedia). Tell your frends who nemed this fraction in mod "Polska" that it is no historical name, and it must be chenged... MUST!!! or use english version: "Kingdom of Poland" at least.
    Last edited by diesel1; October 10, 2011 at 12:12 PM.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Yes what he means though is that our faction is JUST called Polska. I think it may have been an error to write Krolestwo Polska, but that was our fault since he was going off the name we currently use that does not include Krolestwo.

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polska

corrected...

Its still just called Polska in game though

-------------

"Polska"- praesens term describe Poland (bdw. full name of my country is "III Rzeczpospolita Polska");
    "Królestwo Polskie"- term used to describe Poland in years 1025-1306. Translation: " Kingdom of Poland";
    "Zjednoczone Królestwo Polskie"- term used to describe Poland in years 1320-1386. Translation: "United Kingdom of Poland";
    "Korona Królestwa Polskiego"- term used to describe Poland in years 1386-1569. Translation: "Crown Kingdom of Poland";
    "Rzeczpospolita Obojga Narodów"- term used to describe union of Poland and Lithuania in years 1569-1795. Translation:"Republic of both Nations"-correct me if it's wrong.
    As you can see it's wrong to named faction just "Polska", correct version is "Królestwo Polskie" or in english "Kingdom of Poland". It is like call "Kingdom of England" just "England" or "Kingdom of France" just "France". Get it?

So guys please change that in game it is historical error.

"Polska"- praesens term describe Poland (bdw. full name of my country is "III Rzeczpospolita Polska");
    "Królestwo Polskie"- term used to describe Poland in years 1025-1306. Translation: " Kingdom of Poland";
    "Zjednoczone Królestwo Polskie"- term used to describe Poland in years 1320-1386. Translation: "United Kingdom of Poland";
    "Korona Królestwa Polskiego"- term used to describe Poland in years 1386-1569. Translation: "Crown Kingdom of Poland";
    "Rzeczpospolita Obojga Narodów"- term used to describe union of Poland and Lithuania in years 1569-1795. Translation:"Republic of both Nations"-correct me if it's wrong.
    As you can see it's wrong to named faction just "Polska", correct version is "Królestwo Polskie" or in english "Kingdom of Poland". It is like call "Kingdom of England" just "England" or "Kingdom of France" just "France". Get it?

So guys please change that in game it is historical error.
    The names of factions in M2TW cannot change even by our transition scripts which can change the CoAs etc. Basically all of our factions do have transitions and often they changed names historically. As you say Poland changed names quite a lot during our timeframe. Picking just one and name the faction by that would be wrong if the transition happened. This would create odd things like:

Czeske knizectvi (Principalit of Bohemia) being ruled by Kings.

or more sever errors like Mongols being still called Cumans...

Therefore we use generic denominators of each region often identified with all the states that existed in it. That applies to all our factions for consistency sake so we do have Englalond which apply to Saxon England, Norman England etc. regardless of the dynasty, kingdom or whatever changes we have planned for it. Similarly Poland which was both Principality and Kingdom, Union etc. during our timeframe is called just Polska, Poland. Big transition nations switching dynasties, names, ruling classes etc. in ME are also called generically Sham (Syria), Misr (Egypt) or in Africa Maghrib (The West).

If you have any better idea how to solve this issue please share and we will consider it. Saying it is historical error while it is the only way of doing it is however futile as we cannot "correct" it even if we wanted to.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Point for you it's hard to set one universal name in game for faction. But consider that even when Kingdom of Poland was divided on duchy the duks call themselves "kings" and try united the Kingdom, of course with just one of them as true king. Ewen when Poland was united with Lithuania there was one king and always it was polish king
    So in my opinion the universal name for this faction is "Królestwo Polskie"-"Kingdom of Poland" but I'm not a historian

Bdw "Król" in polish means "King"
    Last edited by diesel1; October 11, 2011 at 08:07 AM.

I was going to just write "Polska" in the preview image, but with so much space to fill, adding in the Kingdom part helped complete the image and tied in with the theme of the characters present in the tree at our start date.

I think to avoid futher misconceptions towards the factions ingame and how their named, I'll use the ingame name going forward. Whatever anyones thoughts on it being right or wrong, at least it will be consistent!

-------------

Yeah Polska (a waltz) doesnt quite have the same exotic grim medieval ring as Królestwo Polskie on a flashy presentation but we all do our best

I'm sure you do. But please consider what I wrote and maybe consult that with historian. I'm sure that just word "Polska" is not enough to describe Kingdom of Poland. Many guys from Poland will be pissed ... I am.

Yours faithfully diesel

I can't wait to see the next one of these...WOW...
    La Garde recule.

I'm sure you do. But please consider what I wrote and maybe consult that with historian. I'm sure that just word "Polska" is not enough to describe Kingdom of Poland. Many guys from Poland will be pissed ... I am.

Yours faithfully diesel

Yours faithfully diesel
    Personally, I'd like to see them called Polskie Ogórki, but that's just me.

Yours faithfully diesel
    Sory for that, it's unfer to seing that, right word is "disappointed". Sory again, and thanks for doing this mod.
    Last edited by diesel1; October 12, 2011 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see them called Polskie Ogórki, but that's just me.

cheers, we appreciate your attention. it was a small mistake and we will look into it.
    raziel_eire will also be punished for his crimes, an independent investigation is underway- just like Yulia Tymoshenko!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast