Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Syracuse preview?

Default Syracuse preview?

Hi i was just wondering when the syracuse preview was going to be ready? I have read the book tyrant and am inspired to take over all of Sicily and Italys toe. Also the company talked about in the book, is that historically accurate or is it just fiction?

Thnx, Waldwyn

PS.how do you get a picture at the bottom of this text as i think it looks really cool?

Default Re: Syracuse preview?

Its comming soon. Its ready basically but not its turn yet
    Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

not read the book im afraid.

If u mean in your siganture strip you need to go in control panel and edit signature to put an image in u need to write [IMG] before the link to the picture and then close it after it i think there is an img button so u can jsut press that put ur li nk in and it should do the rest for you
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Quote Originally Posted by Idomeneas
    Its comming soon. Its ready basically but not its turn yet

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Yes. Hurry please. I need to know how my armies will look in 3d for the RPG
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Yes. Hurry please. I need to know how my armies will look in 3d for the RPG
    for the moment, i can show you the composition for your RPG:

ZOR:
    stonethrowners
    slingers
    javeliners
    ekdromoi
    scout cavalry
    peltasts

syracuse:
    Syrakousioi hoplitai > hoplites
    Syrakousioi epibatai > marines hoplites
    toxotai > archers (zone)
    symmachoi hoplitai > allies hoplites

hippeis > cavalrymen (zone)
    Syrakousioi hippeis > cavalrymen
    Syrakousioi somatophylakes > cavalrymen too

navy:
    pentekontoros
    Syrakousion naus
    trieres

PS: list can be changed
    Hegemonia's historian, coder, skinner, 2D work... and all the rest too !!

Wow. Thanks a ton.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Civis

The Tyrant thats by Valerio Manfredi Missimo (is that the right spelling) right? His books aren't extremely historically accurate but are really good reads, another Greek based novel he did was called Spartan. Or you could go for a book about the fall of the Roman Empire (yay ) called, the Last Legion.

“You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.”
    Aristotle

Diomedes was
    formely Graccus

Quote Originally Posted by strikerjd
    for the moment, i can show you the composition for your RPG:

ZOR:
    stonethrowners
    slingers
    javeliners
    ekdromoi
    scout cavalry
    peltasts
    but this is not for the greeks of italy ZoR
    this is : (with a better cavalry -snevets one- and psiloi cavalry asistants and without peltasts and ekdromeis and stonethrowers)

-javelineers psiloi
    -slingers
    -hippodromoi psiloi
    -marine hoplites
    -scout cavalry
    -italian greek cavalry
    ...but innocence was lost long ago

Quote Originally Posted by Diomedes
    The Tyrant thats by Valerio Manfredi Missimo (is that the right spelling) right? His books aren't extremely historically accurate but are really good reads, another Greek based novel he did was called Spartan. Or you could go for a book about the fall of the Roman Empire (yay ) called, the Last Legion.
    I ve read most of his books. They are fun but he is too eager to make a movie out of them
    Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

Huh I've heard him mentioned around the forum but never connected him to the last legion, that was quite a good read.

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

Quote Originally Posted by Diomedes
    I've read quite a number of his books too, including the Alexander's trilogy, and the Spartans but haven't got to read the Tyrant yet. Got too caught up inSteven Pressfield's Gates of Fire and Tides of War which I'm about to finish reading. The last of the Amazon is also ready in my shelve. God, I've only read Greek Novels this year and I'm only finshing Freshman!!
    "The Age Of Roma Shall End, The Age Of Hellas Shall Rise Again"

"Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obident to their Laws we lie"
    -Monument dedicated to the 300 Spartans and 700 Thespians who fell to the last man defending the pass at Thermopylae

I can't wait to play as syracuse, maybe even sparta. I have no idea yet. Since this is based from a 1.5 standpoint will there be night battles in this mod?

LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

Yeah its for BI so i assume we will leave night battles in

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

some night battle existed in our period but were very very few.
    my favorite:
    phocidians wanted to attack Delphus. the Delphians painted themself with white and attack by night the phocidians camp. the phocidians thinked that they were some gods or phantom and were easly crushed.

maybe for barbarian factions or for generals who have "traitor" as trait.

we hadn't reflect about that before, we will see...

that would be cool as im sure there were quite a few people who thought they could profit from treachery at this time like that guy who turned to the persians side and that other dude who swapped sides during the pelopenisian wars

well i think it was the thebans launched a night attack on plataea which was the trigger event of the pelop war... at least if my meomry is right it was thebes...

I dont know anything special about Sěracuse,I know that had some tyrans,and that was kind of strong city,I know about its role in the first punic war,about archimedes,nothing else,I dont understand what s the big attraction with this city.It cant be compared with Sparta or Athens I think.

my friend, not only it can be compared but it may have been even stronger than both!
    ..having navy bigger than the athenians and a larger army than the spartans (and good one too)...with superior cavalry and many auxiliary troops
    ...but innocence was lost long ago

syracuse was the powerfull greek city of sicily.
    for his region (sicily and italia), syracuse was as important as sparta or athens for greece.
    lot of richess, lot of food (western way of meat), lot of infantry, lot of marine.

certainly one of the powerfull nation of antiquity... if the Carthaginians had never existed !!

-----------------
    SOR
    it's not the same exemple, but yours is another one (more famous !!) and a real story of treatury.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast