Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Overhaul Project (Performance/HD Texture/High End Models/Game Engine/Enhanced Rendering Quality) Project Version: 10.0

Default Re: The Epic Texture Mod & Performance up to 50 % Version: 7.0

Does your mod remove splatter on the camera or alternate the new blood mod ?

Can we get some verification on how to install the performance mod please?

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Downloaded and tried out your mod last night superghostboy I put all the files into the data file and I did notice a considerable FPS boost allowing me to use ultra unit sizes where before I used large that was the only change I made I am running everything else on ultra but always had problems with ultra scale units especially when they were in melee. I have the blood mod and its working perfectly I can’t understand why CA couldn’t have made the game run as smoothly like this. Many thanks from me +Rep

Foederatus

Blood pack is a new dlc for shogun 2

the file names in part 2 are the same as part 1 do i copy and replace or what?

i tried but cant see any different ,i downloaded Performance and put all files into data folder .

Hey Superghostboy

I try your mod but I can't see much different... something must be wrong here

My Shogun 2 is fresh install, no others mod installed and have every DLC from Steam available atm

-Rise of Samurai
    -Sengoku pack
    -Blood pack
    -Itto Ikki pack

I download "Performance (good quality image)" part 1 and 2 then extract to single folder and inside folder is...

Addon Performance (Optimally)
    Different Texture (beta)
    High quality rigid model (Optimally)
    Performance Mod (Good image quality)

I put all 4 files into steam/steamapp/common/total war shogun2/data

then I test game but I can't see real performance boost... [you said its 50% performance better on the topic] actually, its only 2-3% performance? [I'm not sure]

I must did something wrong here! can you help me? I just curious... because 50% performance boost
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Just posting as I believe there may be a conflict with this mod and the recently released Blood Pack DLC. The only texture mod I have is your 50% performance tweak.
    When I got the blood pack DLC it worked fine on first run... then after restarting the game the "Blood Spatter" stopped working. Blood decals still appeared and limb/decapitations worked - but no fountains of blood or on screen blood.

Couldn't get this to work until I removed your mod.

Can you have a look into this? Your mod is pretty much an essential for anyone with a mod spec machine like me, but I dont want to lose my gore effects

Keep up the awesome work,

Cheers.

EDIT: Just noticed you posted an update on Dec 1st apparently fixing blood mod incompatibilities, but this is not noted on the first post, I noticed it on page 6... Might be better to update first post.
    Last edited by scope2007; December 05, 2011 at 09:25 AM.

scope2007

Did you notice any FPS increase? I can't notice its at all :O I just don't understand what happened.

From what you said, its conflicted with Blood DLC?
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

Me 2,cant notice at all.maybe someone can upload older files for my test?thanks a lot.

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Many thanks!
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Icon4 Re: The Epic Texture Mod & Performance up to 50 % Version: 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by Altimis View Post
    Hey Superghostboy

I try your mod but I can't see much different... something must be wrong here

My Shogun 2 is fresh install, no others mod installed and have every DLC from Steam available atm

-Rise of Samurai
    -Sengoku pack
    -Blood pack
    -Itto Ikki pack

I download "Performance (good quality image)" part 1 and 2 then extract to single folder and inside folder is...

Addon Performance (Optimally)
    Different Texture (beta)
    High quality rigid model (Optimally)
    Performance Mod (Good image quality)

I put all 4 files into steam/steamapp/common/total war shogun2/data

then I test game but I can't see real performance boost... [you said its 50% performance better on the topic] actually, its only 2-3% performance? [I'm not sure]

I must did something wrong here! can you help me? I just curious... because 50% performance boost
    Quote Originally Posted by scope2007 View Post
    Just posting as I believe there may be a conflict with this mod and the recently released Blood Pack DLC. The only texture mod I have is your 50% performance tweak.
    When I got the blood pack DLC it worked fine on first run... then after restarting the game the "Blood Spatter" stopped working. Blood decals still appeared and limb/decapitations worked - but no fountains of blood or on screen blood.

Couldn't get this to work until I removed your mod.

Can you have a look into this? Your mod is pretty much an essential for anyone with a mod spec machine like me, but I dont want to lose my gore effects

Keep up the awesome work,

Cheers.

EDIT: Just noticed you posted an update on Dec 1st apparently fixing blood mod incompatibilities, but this is not noted on the first post, I noticed it on page 6... Might be better to update first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker9001 View Post
    Me 2,cant notice at all.maybe someone can upload older files for my test?thanks a lot.
    I had the last time very other work to do! My time is very limited now and sorry that I cant fast reply your message! I am working to replace some cloud with new! And since the new patch 12 they change their shader code to add new effects like blood............. I notice a little Fps drop if is Blood enable! And I notice that now are more maybe too much clouds (the dark black clouds) render to the battlefield!

I try to reduce the clouds infield (see screenshots) and replace with better whispy clouds! Look at my screenshots!

Don't put the Beta stuff (Different Texture (beta)) in the data folder! Only if like to see how this look like! But remove this!

Clould someone post his preferences.script who have a Geforce 560/570/580 or ATI HD 6850/6870/6970! Should be a Direct X 11 Card! All Setting on Ultra! Very important for me to see if High models (trees/grass) are loaded in the game! Why I ask for this! I set all setting at Ultra but if I look at my preferences.script Trees and Grass are only High! I change manually to Ultra (Rename the models names) and the result is-----> better trees and grass

For me the mod works pretty good and I like it!

Sleep well my enemy ----> look the Screenshot from my Last Battle
    Last edited by Superghostboy; July 01, 2012 at 08:20 AM.

PAiMONiA's Avatar Civis
    Everywhere...Everytime, Realm of Immortals

Don't understand how to get your performance mod to work you should do a better job of describing the installation process especially when you have so many scattered files around and yes i used the user script and nothing....... - -'

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by PAiMONiA View Post
    Don't understand how to get your performance mod to work you should do a better job of describing the installation process especially when you have so many scattered files around and yes i used the user script and nothing....... - -'
    Yes, because no infos for installation etc.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Come on guys , don`t take for granted that English is everyones first language .
    The current downloads don`t work for me either , fortunately I still got the previous version which works just fine . If I knew how to upload them I`d do it .

u can use wupload.com ,very good.

so whats going on with this mod?

PAiMONiA's Avatar Civis
    Everywhere...Everytime, Realm of Immortals

I'm not so much upset but i wanted to let him know for future modding reference installation info is key lol that's all i meant...

Icon4 Re: The Epic Texture Mod & Performance up to 50 % Version: 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by Elchnase View Post
    Does your mod remove splatter on the camera or alternate the new blood mod ?
    Quote Originally Posted by flexter View Post
    Can we get some verification on how to install the performance mod please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post
    Many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by PAiMONiA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pyccos View Post
    so whats going on with this mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelnire View Post
    Downloaded and tried out your mod last night superghostboy I put all the files into the data file and I did notice a considerable FPS boost allowing me to use ultra unit sizes where before I used large that was the only change I made I am running everything else on ultra but always had problems with ultra scale units especially when they were in melee. I have the blood mod and its working perfectly I can’t understand why CA couldn’t have made the game run as smoothly like this. Many thanks from me +Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by skreeblios View Post
    Same issue - where to put all the .pack files? In data as normally? The instructions seem to indicate put all in a separate folder.

Also having problems downloading part 2 - it appears corrupt (tried four times so far).

Very eager to seeing this version - previous iterations have been great. Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    part 2 is corrupt.also its not clear how to load this.it would be better all in one pack file.

!!!Good news!!!

I updated my mod to Version 8

Changelog:

----> tweaked clouds infield
    ----> add a new sky map for Rise of Samurai
    ----> recolored Blood
    ----> and other tweaks

I still look what I could change to made the game better!!!!

Default Re: Shogun 2 Retexture Project Version: 8.0

Hey, kurze Frage: Ist in Version 8.0 auch der Performance-Patch/Mod enthalten? Sieht bisher was ich gesehen habe wieder mal sehr gut aus ;-)