Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Overhaul Project (Performance/HD Texture/High End Models/Game Engine/Enhanced Rendering Quality) Project Version: 10.0

Default Re: Better Texture & Performance up to 50 % New Version 4.0

Great mod for my poor computer, I'll report back when I finish testing it!

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Better Texture & Performance up to 50 % New Version 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Superghostboy View Post

Yes, delete just " effects/textures/fire chunk" I remove fire chuck and play naval battle! A ship get full of fire and I go near the ship to look the fire and looks good, maybe the fire chunk was the problem! Thanks now I know where I can find the texture "fire chunk"
    Just looking at that texture vs the original, my first impression is the problem may be with the alpha mask not being sufficient to cover the texture. The original texture doesn't extend all the way to the border, as the new one does. Might either need to reduce the diameter or apply a stronger mask. Going to try a quick edit and will post back

edit: Any clue as to whether the identical TGA file is just a leftover that they didn't bother to remove or does it have a function?

edit: I tried color filling the edges of the diffuse texture with a dark red (like the original) using an inverted mask based on the alpha channel in your file. Didn't work though, so back at it.

edit: More speculation: what might be going on there with burning ships is that the overall effect involves more than just fire_chunk (which looks like it's just the background for a more pronounced foreground flame. Then there's the embers as well). It may be these need to all be size-matched relative to the vanilla relationships. There's so many flame textures in data.pack its hard to see easily what's what

edit: Found it. It's fiery_1_diffuse.dds (8x8 texture map @1024). That doesn't like being resized either.

Something else I noticed while testing these: The sea foam replacement texture is having a side effect on objects rendered underwater such as men overboard, whales and coastline (really noticed it on the whales and men). It sort of happens with the vanilla textures as well, but it's more pronounced with the edited texture in your pack. I attached a screenshot. Noticed there aren't any mips in the original file.
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; October 31, 2011 at 12:56 PM.

Icon4 Re: Better Texture & Performance up to 50 % New Version 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu Paifuaa View Post
    Just looking at that texture vs the original, my first impression is the problem may be with the alpha mask not being sufficient to cover the texture. The original texture doesn't extend all the way to the border, as the new one does. Might either need to reduce the diameter or apply a stronger mask. Going to try a quick edit and will post back

edit: Any clue as to whether the identical TGA file is just a leftover that they didn't bother to remove or does it have a function?

edit: I tried color filling the edges of the diffuse texture with a dark red (like the original) using an inverted mask based on the alpha channel in your file. Didn't work though, so back at it.

edit: More speculation: what might be going on there with burning ships is that the overall effect involves more than just fire_chunk (which looks like it's just the background for a more pronounced foreground flame. Then there's the embers as well). It may be these need to all be size-matched relative to the vanilla relationships. There's so many flame textures in data.pack its hard to see easily what's what

edit: Found it. It's fiery_1_diffuse.dds (8x8 texture map @1024). That doesn't like being resized either.

Something else I noticed while testing these: The sea foam replacement texture is having a side effect on objects rendered underwater such as men overboard, whales and coastline (really noticed it on the whales and men). It sort of happens with the vanilla textures as well, but it's more pronounced with the edited texture in your pack. I attached a screenshot. Noticed there aren't any mips in the original file.
    Thanks for post this screenshot! Now I known whats wrong! I made a better Seafoam from a Displacement Map! Its really epic! I play with my new Version of my Beta a Naval battle but I couldn't find a whale (like your screenshot)!

Take a closer look at my new Screenshots at my Attached Files! Now looks the overboard men/coastline better!

I known this problem that some texture shouldn't be bigger than the original! I concentrate my mod at max visual experience!!!!

Don't forget to comment, reply and post texture errors! Thanks for all who help me!
    Last edited by Superghostboy; July 01, 2012 at 08:19 AM.

Default Re: Epic Texture Mod & Performance up to 50 % Version: 5.0 (Finial)

!!! Good news, my Mod is fully tested and Finial !!!

I pushed my Mod to Finial and fixed a lot of problems

My texture are better than the original!

My Mod is ready for download (first post)

Don't forget to comment and reply

!!!Thanks for all who download my Beta, post texture errors and for help testing my texture!!!

Thanks for your Nice Mod!!

Foederatus

Thanks for this wonderful mod!

Icon4 Re: Epic Texture Mod & Performance up to 50 % Version: 5.0 (Finial)

Quote Originally Posted by shu456 View Post
    Thanks for this wonderful mod!

Thanks for all comments and reply!

For all how love my Performance Mod----> I add a better Performance texture pack!

The difference of my better texture pack (High quality) and the performance texture pack is not much, maybe not noticeable! Choose which texture pack you like, but only one of them! Read my first post for more details!

!!!Don't forget to comment and reply!!!

Your performance mod is one of the best mods created for this game. Thanks to you many players can play better Shogun 2 Total War. Great work!

I`m sorry , it`s me again , the guy with the stupid questions .I want to check out your "final for performance mod" . Can I use it together with "FPS boost up to 50%" and "addon for performance" or is it more like a standalone version ? Thanks in advance !

Quote Originally Posted by Elchnase View Post
    I`m sorry , it`s me again , the guy with the stupid questions .I want to check out your "final for performance mod" . Can I use it together with "FPS boost up to 50%" and "addon for performance" or is it more like a standalone version ? Thanks in advance !
    This mods are for more Performance (FPS boost up to 50%, addon performance fix and finial for performance) and you can use this three mods all together !!

The finial for performance.rar texture pack ist not a standalone version for more performance

!!!Choose which mod you like!!!

A very,very nice and useful mod.The FPS boost is great(really,it IS incredible) and the new textures are really cool(I can definitely see the difference between the old ones and the new one).+rep good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Superghostboy View Post
    This mods are for more Performance (FPS boost up to 50%, addon performance fix and finial for performance) and you can use this three mods all together !!

The finial for performance.rar texture pack ist not a standalone version for more performance

!!!Choose which mod you like!!!
    Alright , I`ll give it a try right away .

Foederatus

Hello,
    I have some questions for this mods:
    firstly, does Finial.rar give performance boost compared to the original texture?
    or
    does Finial.rar just give high quality texture?
    (I'm asking this because it seems like there are 2 version now, namely "Finial.rar" and "Finial for performance.rar")

Second, can i use "Finial.rar" with "addon performance fix" and "FPS boost up to 50%" ?

Thanks for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by shu456 View Post
    Hello,
    I have some questions for this mods:
    firstly, does Finial.rar give performance boost compared to the original texture?
    or
    does Finial.rar just give high quality texture?
    (I'm asking this because it seems like there are 2 version now, namely "Finial.rar" and "Finial for performance.rar")

Second, can i use "Finial.rar" with "addon performance fix" and "FPS boost up to 50%" ?

Thanks for replying.
    Question 2 : Yes you can . The only mods you can`t combine are "final" together with "final for performance" .

It is very important for all players of Shogun 2: Total War to know of your mod.

I play with the mixture:
    Finial for performance
    Addon Performance fix
    FPS boost up to 50%

and I see great FPS increase. Thank you a lot for this mod.
    I would like to include this in my next DarthMod: Shogun II update to save all the players from battle lags and I hope I have your permission.
    I will link your mod to my forum and inside the launcher so that many hear about it. It deserves promotion because it is very helpful.
    Thanks again for making it.

Great , the Dark Lord himself showed up in your thread . That should be enough proof that your mod is a "must have" .

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Elchnase View Post
    Great , the Dark Lord himself showed up in your thread . That should be enough proof that your mod is a "must have" .
    Your way is in the dark side

anyway... I'll test this mod, if this will improve my game too.

The Dark Lord Is HERE :O , btw, thanks for the great mod

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

it wont let me put particles to high so it did nto work for me
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    It is very important for all players of Shogun 2: Total War to know of your mod.

I play with the mixture:
    Finial for performance
    Addon Performance fix
    FPS boost up to 50%

and I see great FPS increase. Thank you a lot for this mod.
    I would like to include this in my next DarthMod: Shogun II update to save all the players from battle lags and I hope I have your permission.
    I will link your mod to my forum and inside the launcher so that many hear about it. It deserves promotion because it is very helpful.
    Thanks again for making it.

Thanks you very much that you take a closer look at my Mod! To include this in your next DarthMod is a very good Idea! You have got permission to my mods

If you had time look at my mods and I am working/play with a second Texture Mod! Take a closer look at the screenshots (or for more first post)
    Last edited by Superghostboy; July 01, 2012 at 08:19 AM.