Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Overhaul Project (Performance/HD Texture/High End Models/Game Engine/Enhanced Rendering Quality) Project Version: 10.0

angus young's Avatar Ordinarius
    Villefranche de rouergue France in the south

Default Re: Better Texture & Performance up to 50 %

Hi,

I gave a try to your mod...
    For the perfomance i don t really see any difference, but my game ran fine in ultra without your mod.
    For the better texture... well this is really a good job. I find the smoke really nice (i don t like vanilla one). So this is one more mod in my Data.

+ 1 of rep, of course.

I am still having white helmets.

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

the download link wont work for me.

Anyone else having problems downloading? Megaupload keeps saying the file is temporarily unavailable.

MegaUpload is not working for it.

Could somebody perhaps upload it via a different way, pls.

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

does it only effect battles or does it effect the campaign map speed?

Icon4 Re: Better Texture & Performance up to 50 %

This Performance Mod had effect on Campaign/Naval/Land/Cinematic units! All units in Shogun get more Speed!

If someone had white helmets remove all other Mods and test it again or tell me what other mods he had!

There is a little Problem with only my Performance-Mod to other Mods not big but some Mods from other modders rename the original Name of the texture or add to the original texture new texture! Means my mod don't work to 100%! If I had their permission to correct my mod to work with their but I haven't! Maybe someone of the modders see my Mod and see what to do and add a FPS-Boost to his own Mods! Then no problems again with others Mods! Very sorry that I don't see the problem earlier!

Superghostboy, great mod you have here.

I have a question. Can you post the dust parameters and landbattle.xml, so that units create dust like in Napoleon, when they walk? That's something I'd really like to have in Shogun.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
    Last edited by The_Stranger; October 07, 2011 at 02:17 PM.

@Superghostboy - Can you make a MOD that reduces the detail and removes the shadows of DEAD BODIES to increase performance during battle?

Have to say I am astounded at how much quicker in fps my game runs! I used this and your less gloss mod, so maybe why i'm seeing a big increase?

I could even put my gfx settings up a couple of notches!

You're the man! x

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

it has any impact for rots campaign?it ll reduce the lag in rots too?

It worked quite well with your less gloss mod

thanks!

+rep

Just to say that the mod works well with Darthmod. I use both and I didn't noticed any bug atm.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Your performance mod made Rots run a lot smoother for me . Great job ! Now I´m back to the S2 base game and your mod (as you stated in your 1st post) clashes with the unit variety mod .So I made your mod a "mod-file" with packfile manager in order to overwrite anything that would interfere . The textures are not messed up anymore (like white helmets) but I don`t seem to gain any performance boost . Any thoughts ? Have I forgotten something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elchnase View Post
    Your performance mod made Rots run a lot smoother for me . Great job ! Now I´m back to the S2 base game and your mod (as you stated in your 1st post) clashes with the unit variety mod .So I made your mod a "mod-file" with packfile manager in order to overwrite anything that would interfere . The textures are not messed up anymore (like white helmets) but I don`t seem to gain any performance boost . Any thoughts ? Have I forgotten something ?

Well if you've done as you say you have, then unit variety mod will be overwriting this mod, hence no performance gain....

Icon3 Re: Better Texture & Performance up to 50 %

Its so hard to understand me! Open with the PFM Editor my Performance Mod and the Mod (for example: unitvarietyv3.05) form a other Modder what you like to use! Now you see the difference and what you should fix! I cant do for you because I don't have the permission to post a fix for other mods! You should compress the texture from unitvarietyv3.05 yourself how I did! Now work the performance Mod to 100%! No Problem any more about Performance!

And yes, the mod work with RISE OF THE SAMURAI (Campaign/Naval/Land units)
    Last edited by Superghostboy; October 16, 2011 at 04:55 PM.

what? so you mean that I should not put the performance thing in the datafolder? you only meant the texture update was for the data, is that correct? so the performance mod.. is more like a tool or filter then. is there a limit to how many times you can filter a mod? sorry im a complete newbie to this.

Icon4 Re: Better Texture & Performance up to 50 %

Quote Originally Posted by z_3000 View Post
    what? so you mean that I should not put the performance thing in the datafolder? you only meant the texture update was for the data, is that correct? so the performance mod.. is more like a tool or filter then. is there a limit to how many times you can filter a mod? sorry im a complete newbie to this.

There is no problem to put the performance mod and the texture update in your data folder!

The texture update mod works 100 % with the mods form other modders!

Only the performance mod works not to 100 % with mods form other modders! That means you get not 100% performance boost! How to fix look at my last post!

I understand that is not easy to understand but easy to fix!

Default Re: Better Texture & Performance up to 50 % New Version 2.0

Supeghostboy, how about some extra dust? Can you post the files that make soldiers running showing dust?

Icon3 Re: Better Texture & Performance up to 50 % New Version 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by The_Stranger View Post
    Supeghostboy, how about some extra dust? Can you post the files that make soldiers running showing dust?

Yes, I tested many settings and you see dust if comes to melee but you don't see dust if you only walking/running! Increase the setting maybe then you see better dust in walking/running!

What is important to say, it looks in melee like a cloud over my units! Maybe to much dust in melee but still looks not good! Its my opinion, I don't like dust like in Napoleon was and its a good performance killer! What is cool to see for example is if my samurai cuts a Hand or the head of my enemy with blood like Fallout 3 uncut!

In my Attached Files I post my last settings but still Beta if you like to see yourself how more dust looks in Shogun 2! To enhance or less dust set a value you like! Its the only file which says how much dust the unit get and easy to adjust yourself how much you like! I made this only for the member The_Stranger who ask me to look about more dust! The settings need a little fine tuning for walking/running but in melee you see more dust! I don't have time to play with fine tuning because Shogun need long to start and that cost time and I would like spend the time for my other mods and to have time to play the game!
    Last edited by Superghostboy; July 01, 2012 at 08:12 AM.