Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Consulate of Merula and Poplicola - 487AUC

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Consulate of Merula and Poplicola - 487AUC

Flavius quietly sits down in the back of the Curia, shunning himself for losing the election once again, and loses himself deep in thought about all that has happened so far in his political career
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

"Aulus, you may call yourself "Tribune" but it is rightfully mine. The people have spoken, they have voted me in yet again. If you believe that that violates the Laws of Rome, what you call yourself violates the Laws of the People." Faustus sneered at Aulus, he had become a thorn in his side. Aulus was a waste of a good Roman child, one that could have been raised to not be such a pompous barbarian. "Paying it himself Senator? Where does their loyalty lay then? With us? or with him? He needs to be returned to Rome to stand the charges pressed against him by this very Curia."
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

The charge weres pressed by you, Traitor. And you threatened the lives of Roman senetors to do so. The only reason you are not in chains right now is because that is the will of the people.

He turns to the senate in general.

I would like to propose a motion, that any Senetor who attempts to hold office by illegal means be automatically declared an outlaw. What do you say Senetors?

Tazgrent's Avatar Ducenarius

Such a one to call an outlaw, Senator Caldius. You yourself have not exactly been the firmest adherent to Roman law. Why, if I recall, you came awfully close to sedition, as well as currently being under investigation. Tell me, how can you possibly claim electoral eligibility from such a record?

'There you are mistaken, senator Strabo. Senator Caldius is not under investigation, the inferno that destroyed your house is and many more senators will be questioned regarding that tragedy.' Once more Caius returned his attention to his drawings, it was turning out to be quite neat.
    YATS: Manius Aquillius Tuscus, 46, Patrician

Tazgrent's Avatar Ducenarius

Indeed. Not techincally under investigation. But make no mistake, Senator. There will always be suspicion.

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

Manius smiled to Vibius.

"I agree with Vibius here, but I also agree with Praetor Dives. We should move on from this mess, to get done with this before the barbarians are already sieging Roma.."
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

"The will of the People is what placed me here Aulus, cannot face that you are not popular?" Faustus wickedly smiled at the infuriated Plebeian. "Senators, justice needs to be served. We have demanded it."

Lex Romana repeterent
    I. Senator Spurius Geminius Scaeva be re-called to Roma immediately to be put on trial for the motion passed previous term.

I agree with this bill. There is no point in having him just sit lazily around, when we can put him on trial for his malicious deeds
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

"Then it is decided. Senator Spurius Geminius Scaeva is to return to Roma, immediately." Faustus quickly motioned after his motion was supported.

OOC: I took the liberty of putting the poll up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12