Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord Confirmed [Interview with dev. Singil page 20]

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord Confirmed [Interview with dev. Singil page 20]

As for release, i wrote above "It's sheduled for a second half of 2016 release, afaik.", iirc. that was from a source which i found somewhere.

Does anybody has news on a revealed or planned Bannerlord release date?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Default Re: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord Confirmed [Interview with dev. Singil page 20]

They have just gone back on their claim of having the game in some way in players hands (thought to be a reference to a beta) by the end of 2016. 2017 is more likely, but not definite. From what I'll read the dev process has been very long and had some set backs.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Apparently there's a "surprise" in store in the following days. I'm sure those polls on their Twitter page weren't for nothing.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/26...1_5_1100__1100

Bannerlord on Steam store! No release date announced yet.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by MaximinusThrax View Post
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/26...1_5_1100__1100

Bannerlord on Steam store! No release date announced yet.
    Uii. Nice. At least that.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Somewhere around spring next year it should be released, or at least an open Beta or something.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Somewhere around spring next year it should be released, or at least an open Beta or something.
    Source?

New preview by PC Gamer

http://www.pcgamer.com/mount-and-bla...017s-best-rpg/
    Sadly they still can't give a release date after all these years. From the sound of it, it's not right around the corner. Hmmpf.

Sound and looks really great though. The only worry is about performance/number of troops. "TaleWorlds hasn’t yet decided on a unit cap for battles. It’s possible to have hundreds of soldiers per side, but too many causes performance issues"

Patrician Artifex

Oh dear, thanks for posting this.

Can't say how much i'm anticipating Bannerlord ... iirc., by me the most anticipated game ever.
    And i guess, if i have it finally on my drive, there won't be other games approached for a pretty long time.

White Bishop's Avatar Foederatus

So very hyped for Bannerlord! Not as much for the base game but for the mods that will (hopefully) come with it. For that is the greatness that is Mount and Blade, its mods!

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by White Bishop View Post
    So very hyped for Bannerlord! Not as much for the base game but for the mods that will (hopefully) come with it. For that is the greatness that is Mount and Blade, its mods!
    Well, that ... i see and find especially with Total War games, since Rome I. The original Medieval I TW game is the last one of the series, which i played without modding.

For me, M&B Warband is one of the games, that is playable with much immersion and everything what i seek in a game, in its vanilla state (that said, many Warband mods of course are great creative results).
    I expect the same effect with Bannerlord. I'm certain, Taleworlds won't disappoint me.

@ Candy Licker
    You influenced my life with your post above. Short after replied (also 'cause of kinda boredom with CK2), i started (finally) M&B Viking Conquest, which lingered in my Steam library for a time.
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 15, 2017 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    @ Candy Licker
    You influenced my life with your post above. Short after replied (also 'cause of kinda boredom with CK2), i started (finally) M&B Viking Conquest, which lingered in my Steam library for a time.
    Nice , tell me how it is, cause I'm also already bored by CK2, am only playing ME2 at the moment.
    I have to admit, I never even played vanilla M&B, started right away with 1257 AD. Haven't played this game in ages.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    Nice , tell me how it is, cause I'm also already bored by CK2, am only playing ME2 at the moment.
    I have to admit, I never even played vanilla M&B, started right away with 1257 AD. Haven't played this game in ages.
    Can only recommend both, vanilla and Viking Conquest.

As for vanilla Warband, for me as history buff, it has the advantage, that the game is designed in a fictional frame, its world. So i have not to bother with the details, which are usually ahistorical in according games (incl. Paradox games) - while the overall design is kinda properly historically depicted. And alone the gameplay viewed, it is imo. awesome, but this will you know and thus can judge from the mod 1257 AD you've played.

Viking Conquest, the commercial and refined version of the Brythenwalda mod (which i played and modded after playing Warband vanilla), is in every respect after my taste, i'm positively surprised, highest recommendation.
    Very worthwhile for me, until Bannerlord is released.
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 18, 2017 at 07:57 AM.

Can only recommend both, vanilla and Viking Conquest.

As for vanilla Warband, for me as history buff, it has the advantage, that the game is designed in a fictional frame, its world. So i have not to bother with the details, which are usually ahistorical in according games (incl. Paradox games) - while the overall design is kinda properly historically depicted. And alone the gameplay viewed, it is imo. awesome, but this will you know and thus can judge from the mod 1257 AD you've played.

Viking Conquest, the commercial and refined version of the Brythenwalda mod (which i played and modded after playing Warband vanilla), is in every respect after my taste, i'm positively surprised, highest recommendation.
    Very worthwhile for me, until Bannerlord is released.
    He, and you influenced me. Now we have some reciprocity. But I already started yesterday. At first, I wanted to try out the mod Perisno, but it was brutally difficult, so I fired up Viking Conquest instead. I was initially hesitant to try this, I remembered the reception wasn't as enthusiastic back then as you would expect from such reputable modders, but most complaints were about bugs etc, so I gave it a chance.

And I'm glad. Matter of fact, I like it more than 1257 et al, since it has a story campaign. I really like it, M&B is a bit too sandbox-y for me, the structure of Viking Conqest is very similar to Freelancer so far, which is a positive thing.
    And it plays in the time frame of Ragnar Lodbrock's sons, thanks to CKII (and to Bernard Cornwell) I'm already familiar with the setting

Do you know how long this dlc is? I'm still in Frisia and just defended a village from Norse raiders, can't wait to go to Britain.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; April 18, 2017 at 12:27 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Same here regarding the Lodbroek item, vivid fan of Cornwell's series (have read all 14 books and can't wait for the next one), also in CK2 i always play the according startpoint (and modded it to fit better to the historical Viking activities).

VC:

Playing the story mode as well, but i don't go strictly along the story, ie. i'm quite hesitent to kill the frisian rebel in order of Hrodolf, as he is such a swine, and why should i support him and the Danish in Frisia overall.
    I started it severly times anew (after some plays and some research). My current game-style is so, that i went quite early to England, in the moment i have enough power (level, men and money) due to doing the bandits in Frisia. Btw., i don't recruit there the Norse guys, only Frisians and farmers and the lots from monasteries; ie. check army morale, pagan guys in the army are responsible for drops.
    In Dorestad/Frisia, i founded a bakery before leaving Frisia. Meanwhile in England i try to establish a friendly connection to Wessex and other powers, establishing farmsteads as money base, and such things. It's exciting, fe. me and my little army mix from Frisia was heavily crushed by a Viking band in Cornubia ... meantime i'm allowed by Aethelred, king of Wessex, to recruit Saxons in Cippanham at least, have to rebuild a little army, also taking voluntary people from monasteries again. It's open how, what and when i do there something ... aka somehow trial and error own story-making.

I plan to come back to Frisia, and going into the story line again, just to take it up ... but honestly i don't like it, that there is no alternative to the quest outcome of the said Hrodolf's order. Anyways, lots of fun with VC, and yes, clear more game-fun as with vanilla, which i liked a lot, but is also years ago that i played Warband vanilla. I went over to play the Brytenwalda mod and modded it with one other (managed over Taleworlds forum), and however, i must say, the VC commercial game is way better than its pre-design, the Brythenwalda mod. VC seems also to be quite bugless. All in all, my impression is, an underrated DLC.

Do you know how long this dlc is? I'm still in Frisia and just defended a village from Norse raiders, can't wait to go to Britain.
    No. Perhaps go and check (ask) in the according TaleWorlds forum. While i didn't find a lot meaningful info there about VC, i must say. Also the VC mods there are not really worthwhile, i think. It's also pretty much old info, just after the VC release, and it doesn't go far into VC details.
    Story: The Norse raiders ... you mean Sven attacking Doccinga, or? See above, in my current game, i didn't come so far, because then i need to kill the Frisian rebel.
    Anyways, after the Sven/village incident, i guess, one should leave Frisia as soon as possible, because Hrodolf will go after you. In my earlier game(s), i stopped short after the Sven village attack, so i don't know, what happens afterwards when strictly going along the story line (you don't have to, btw.: You can decide when and where you take the story line up, a positive of the design).
    Tell me, what happened ... . Were you able to escape from Frisia?
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 19, 2017 at 09:15 PM.

Tell me, what happened ... . Were you able to escape from Frisia?
    yeah, I don't know how much I should reveal/spoiler. But I'm an outlaw in Frisia now and am travelling back and forth between Danemark and Ireland story wise.
    I guess it'll take me to a British ruler fighting against the Great Heathan army soon.

My men are almost all Norse. I am not allowed to recruit people from monasteries as I'm pagan and have raided two of them.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; April 20, 2017 at 02:08 AM.

Patrician Artifex

yeah, I don't know how much I should reveal/spoiler. But I'm an outlaw in Frisia now and am travelling back and forth between Danemark and Ireland story wise.
    I guess it'll take me to a British ruler fighting against the Great Heathan army soon.

My men are almost all Norse. I am not allowed to recruit people from monasteries as I'm pagan and have raided two of them.
    Ah, okay. You started as pagan ( ? ... guess, you planned that, and want to play as raider etc.). I started as poor noble Anglo-Saxon.
    Btw., i have no problem with story spoilers, cause imo. such things are known anyway after a first (complete) playthrough.

However, in the meantime i found a VC guide thread from Reddit, which has some meaningful info (for starters): https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandbla..._1_early_game/

In my current game i sampled all companions which i could get (names, iirc., the initial Reginhard/Frisia, then from main land England: Clovis, Cleawin, Morgant, Helgi), and they help a lot to manage the band. And else recruiting Saxons (Wessex) and Angles (East-Engla) from the maintowns via permission from the according kings (5 like points are enough) and others i can get (freed prisoners or from elsewhere), fighting Danish raiders and bandits. Investing money into farmsteads and sometimes trade when i travel to according locations. I'm running 3 bakeries, which provide the money for around 80 men which are not only rookie troops (some veterans etc.) and the companions. Generally though, it is not very wise to make the bakeries (profit never ever over 400, and it reduces over gametime), but they are just cheap to found (7000 penningas only), all other are far, far over 10000. I would prefer the breweries though, and that will be my next goal.
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 20, 2017 at 05:55 AM.

Ah, okay. You started as pagan ( ? ... guess, you planned that, and want to play as raider etc.). I started as poor noble Anglo-Saxon.
    Btw., i have no problem with story spoilers, cause imo. such things are known anyway after a first (complete) playthrough.

However, in the meantime i found a VC guide thread from Reddit, which has some meaningful info (for starters): https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandbla..._1_early_game/
    Not really yet, I want to keep good relations with as many realms as possible. It's just that I'm a devout enemy of the abrahamtitic religions and especially of "our" western version that I couldn't even roleplay one in a game when I have the choice

Thanks for the link, will check it out. I haven't started a single enterprise, all I've been doing so far is attacking small bandit parties, sell the loot/prisoners and move some trade goods now and then.

Think I'll try Perisno again too, for the sake of variety.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; April 20, 2017 at 12:30 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Not really yet, I want to keep good relations with as many realms as possible. It's just that I'm a devout enemy of the abrahamtitic religions and especially of "our" western version that I couldn't even roleplay one in a game when I have the choice

Thanks for the link, will check it out. I haven't started a single enterprise, all I've been doing so far is attacking small bandit parties, sell the loot/prisoners and move some trade goods now and then.

Think I'll try Perisno again too, for the sake of variety.
    Well, however as pagan you'll have rather a hard time, with many faction and realm leaders, except the contrary with the pagan rulers, of course. As for religion, i always play in historical context, free of own real life opinion.
    I try to make a balance in this item of pagan and christian realm rulers, but main goal is to maintain/support Wessex, Aethelred and Alfred, and don't support pagan items because that would play against goals (ie. own army morale and overall ... the only one pagan in my party is Helgi who is indicated as trouble maker for the army, but as sole factor, it is easy controllable).
    Now in my game, i can recruit in all the lower (south) regions of England: Have good relations with ... East-Engla king Eadmund, Dunwik; Wessex Alfred, Wincester; Wessex Aethelred, Cippanham; and Wessex Wulfhere (who but is an ass); King of Cornubia, Bosvenegh; a mercian Ealdorman, Cirren Ceaster; and one Welsh king (but who looses his wars and locations); plus with pagan Frisian rulers Harald and also Hrodolf (still). Still running only the three bakeries (Dorestad, Cantwaraburgh, Bosvenegh), i try to make a fourth enterprise, which is more profitable (tools or wool cloth or at least mead). Atm. i'm building a refuge (requires lots of efforts&money) south to Wincester at the coast across to Frisia. ... atm. am bit hesitent to go back into the story line, i'll see.

Btw., if i would play as pagan in this game and story mode, i would probably go full raiding, exploiting the pagan item options as far as possible, fe. looting monasteries and christian traders and villages, etc. incl. pirating (ship) asap.

Btw.2, in my case, the game ctd's from time to time in the strategy mode due to no apparent reason (after many play hours, but i have no heat, or something like that, issues).
    Very annoying, because the game has no auto-start at last position, thus re-start dependent on the last last save. A real fun bummer and imo. game design mistake.
    Without this game design fault, i would give this game actually 10/10, now it gets only 6 to max 7/10.
    I'm unforgiving in this regard, when a game has such technical issues. If ctd's happen too often, then it'll distract me entirely from playing this game, as else, it costs too much time (one can easily loose a one hour game time due to this technical issue ... one must save, save, save after every little step to avoid this effect, not bearable for me).
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 21, 2017 at 11:25 PM.

Yeah I have these random crashes too, but since I'm an excessive quicksaver, I barely lose any progress.

Once 1.6 is out I'm back to Stellaris anyway.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; April 22, 2017 at 04:47 AM.