Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord Confirmed [Interview with dev. Singil page 20]

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default Re: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord Confirmed [Interview with dev. Singil page 20]

Yeah it's hard to say with Taleworld, they have been pretty quiet.
    Last edited by Kinjo; March 01, 2015 at 12:25 AM.

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord Confirmed [Interview with dev. Singil page 20]

can't wait, hopfully were looking at more of a real world then fantasy.

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

There's a new blog on music, but i haven't heard the sample music they've put in yet.
    https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord

"How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Mount & blade 2 reminds me of how medieval 3 : Total war could be top dog with real Castles. Talesworld doesn't even need a movie trailer.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

That Gamescom gameplay video has me excited for when this is released, particularly the seasons system and those siege weapons look kickass. The mods that will come out for it will be amazing.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

hilarious I said 2015 ages ago and not early 2015.

I"m now going to say 2016 and not early 2016 so probably 2017, fjorking hell they aren't GTAV not even close so what on earth takes so long? So anyway which means the game will be totally out of date, and thus dies a game franchise. Shame it was so promising and I got a lot of pleasure out of it!

The game was announced almost exactly three years ago, on September 27th, and ever since they've always shown previews of the game each year around that date. Which means they'll most likely come up with new stuff this week as well. I bet they'll finally announce the release date this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    so what on earth takes so long?
    I remember reading that they restarted everything from the ground up at least once during the development process, so the reason for taking so long is understandable; not to mention that the campaign map alone has been redesigned about three times, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    hilarious I said 2015 ages ago and not early 2015.

I"m now going to say 2016 and not early 2016 so probably 2017, fjorking hell they aren't GTAV not even close so what on earth takes so long? So anyway which means the game will be totally out of date, and thus dies a game franchise. Shame it was so promising and I got a lot of pleasure out of it!
    Not sure how it will be out of date. Other games picked up the combat systems but this kind of open world RPG with army management and physics based combat hasn't been done by anyone in this combination. Graphics look a nice improvement (and most players M&B ignored the dated look it had back then).

Only question is whether they run out of investment money and obviously they shouldn't pull some Duke nukem idiocy.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Yeah I'll still happily play M&B because of the unique and interesting gameplay. Graphics will always be secondary.

Hope the yadded more to the sandbox and how much you can do/change, destroying in sieges seems REAL nice though.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Yeah it will be nice to have some strategy in sieges. Other than 1: send all your men up that one ladder to get slaughtered or 2: Shoot everyone to death for 10 minutes with Rhodoks and send in the infantry to clean up the 3 guys remaining.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

There's another video with some extra footage. It's from August so not exactly new, but I haven't seen it posted here yet.

Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Lordaeron55's Avatar Foederatus

I hope to try the new mount and blade and create mods with, it's just a matter of waiting until the 2016 D:

Live footage/info at the 3hr 2min mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    Live footage/info at the 3hr 2min mark.

Though they made a real mess of things the battle looked rather impressive in size and in terms of what the AI troops were doing. At least one didn't have the impression of them just completely bunching up and e.g. the cavalry getting murdered by joining the infantry melee instead mainly dashing in and around. The visuals and controls also seemed a rather nice evolution of the original. It also looked like there will be more troops in battle, at least this was a battle of nearly 300 men without any reinforcement mechanic triggering for either side.

Not going to lie, I'm kind of excited.Though it sounds they aim for 2016 release but aren't certain they can pull it off.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Bannerlord, my most anticipated game. I hope i have a big load of free time available when it's out or rather, just can allow myself to take the time ( OMG, i'm busy with own office, normally impossible to dive deep into a new game release for which i'm that hyped and thus can't pause it when i'm in ... paying a few bucks for the game, but loosing real money afterwards, when it is installed and played ).

It's sheduled for a second half of 2016 release, afaik. Possibly the release product will have still some bugs, but i personally won't "charge" TaleWorlds for this then because i know they'll release a high quality product (as long the game will be playable without crashes, and they put out patches/bugfixes, i'll be glad).

http://forums.taleworlds.com/?topic=249537.0 / linked forum post: March 08, 2016

Edit: Oh well, today just found the game Kingdom Come: Deliverance ... destroys once more RL.
    Last edited by DaVinci; March 10, 2016 at 05:18 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

this might be the oldest and ugliest looking game coming out in 2016. with all the profit from the previous games they honestly couldn't hire actual professionals to do the character rigging, animation, and modeling? narf of picklestern's transitional armor mod for warband legit looks way better than this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post

Edit: Oh well, today just found the game Kingdom Come: Deliverance ... destroys once more RL.
    I'm a bit confused what gameplay route they go with that one. Seems more quest / story driven, at least things look pretty predesigned and haven't heard anything about emergent gameplay. main focus seems their 1st person combat.
    Mangalore Design

I am very excited for bannerlord and I hope they take as much time as they can to make everything close to perfect before the game.