Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord Confirmed [Interview with dev. Singil page 20]

Default Re: Mount&Blade 2 Confirmed [Video page 12]

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Mods are a huge thing. The game is practically based off them. I'd say for every one person you find who never plays with mods, you'll find another 20 who do. You would have a hard time finding someone who plays solely vanilla M&B and doesn't even use small mods and tweaks. I'd be willing to bet that no one from the current M&B community would follow the game on to console, simply because they would have nothing to gain from moving to console
    Wait have you tried mp? Because if a player is not educated enough to run a clean copy of vanilla then that's their fault, also mods are all over the place being hosted. People join whatever they want, if you want to play vanilla you join a vanilla host. If you can't join a vanilla host it's probably because you didn't load vanilla...

Any news so far? like this game does sound dead for some reason, their isnt even a offical annoucement or nothing to show its Actually Mount & blade 2.
    United we stand interenets! Nerdfighter.
    Warcraft Total War!
    Help Save a Wonderful mod that could
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273449
    You guys should register for the golden Symbol of Forum Oppression http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/89425f5ce60

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Wait have you tried mp? Because if a player is not educated enough to run a clean copy of vanilla then that's their fault, also mods are all over the place being hosted. People join whatever they want, if you want to play vanilla you join a vanilla host. If you can't join a vanilla host it's probably because you didn't load vanilla...
    Wait, what? I'm confused, I thikn you must have misunderstood me because I don't really get what you're trying to say

Well you said people would likely be tweaked and there for not be able to join a game or host a game. (adding my own understanding to what you wrote)

But it doesn't work that way because an intelligent host knows to either identify the mod they are running or run a clean version of vanilla.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Well you said people would likely be tweaked and there for not be able to join a game or host a game. (adding my own understanding to what you wrote)

But it doesn't work that way because an intelligent host knows to either identify the mod they are running or run a clean version of vanilla.
    He was saying that most people use mods in some form or another, and that you'll have a hard time trying to find someone who only plays the original game.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

No way, I never did has that changed? I mean any game that relies on free servers is like this some people host vanilla others host mods.

I was pointing out that he said so many people have vanilla tweaked, it would be hard to find a game.

If the host is a newb with a tweaked vanilla people may not even be able to join or if they can he'll soon hear about it when doesn't work right for some of the players.

If you find that there are few people actually hosting vanilla, well then the solution is to host your own game.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

No way, I never did has that changed? I mean any game that relies on free servers is like this some people host vanilla others host mods.

I was pointing out that he said so many people have vanilla tweaked, it would be hard to find a game.

If the host is a newb with a tweaked vanilla people may not even be able to join or if they can he'll soon hear about it when doesn't work right for some of the players.

If you find that there are few people actually hosting vanilla, well then the solution is to host your own game.
    No mate, I wasn't even talking about multiplayer in that context. I was merely stating the huge influence mods have on M&B. I was claiming, as Turkeys pointed out, that the majority of people play this game with mods and you'd have a hard time finding someone who only ever plays native and have never even played a slightly modded version

Oh, well please accept my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowwars View Post
    Any news so far? like this game does sound dead for some reason, their isnt even a offical annoucement or nothing to show its Actually Mount & blade 2.
    It's in Alpha, Taleworlds is a small developer even with the amount of money that Mount and Blade has brought in. I wouldn't take no news as a sign that it's dead, they're probably working away on it ready to make an official announcement at some point later this year.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    No mate, I wasn't even talking about multiplayer in that context. I was merely stating the huge influence mods have on M&B. I was claiming, as Turkeys pointed out, that the majority of people play this game with mods and you'd have a hard time finding someone who only ever plays native and have never even played a slightly modded version
    But that's the same of any formerly pc series. Developers don't care though, they want more sales, and console people don't even know what mods are mostly so why would they miss them. If 2 was on consoles a ton of people would buy it above pc customers. Look at the Elder Scrolls series, ruined because the developers got a taste for console sales and turned the game more and more favorable to that medium.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Quote Originally Posted by Wowwars View Post
    It's true there are no official news on M&B2, but developers have confirmed they are working on it.

For example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnor
    M&B2 module system is a totally different beast. ... There will be a need to learn and adapt the new system but i'll be there to help you along the way, so no worries ok?

I expect we will at least have to wait until Towards Carribean has been released later this year
    before any official news.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Why there is nothing like previews or something...

I just think it's too early in development.
    And that Carribean game is due to be released soon - although it's also very quiet there.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

.. There will be a need to learn and adapt the new system but i'll be there to help you along the way, so no worries ok?
    love it when a developer says shiz like this

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    love it when a developer says shiz like this
    Just to clarify: the developer is talking about the tools (module system) to modify the game, and not the game itself.

gotcha browski

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

so its been officially announced as mount and blade 2 bannerlord not much info on it though so just a trailer with a model and bunch of text popping up

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbane751 View Post
    just a trailer with a model and bunch of text popping up
    That's pretty much the finished product. Don't be too optimistic

where is this trailer?

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”