Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord Confirmed [Interview with dev. Singil page 20]

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Mount&Blade 2 Confirmed [Video page 12]

Improve the campaign map and the interaction with the world around you, all I need.

Default Re: Mount&Blade 2 Confirmed [New video page 12]

Quote Originally Posted by bakat8 View Post
    Yes I agree, the story needs much more depth to it. I also hope battles can be set to larger amounts of soldiers at a time, and while graphics arent really a problem it would be cool if they revamped those
    Imo they should decide wether story or gameplay are key. Aka more rpg like development in the world (reducing open world feel) or improving the open world aspect.

E.g. I'd like it if I could control how my troops equip themselves and maybe distributing loot and spoils gets more important to give your men the money to upgrade. Additionally I would like it if your companions would be autogenerated and elevated from your ranks. Given the flimsy storylines atm a random generator could really create the same type of "quest" lines dynamically as it is currently hardcoded and with companions spawning from your followers you might get more involved with them.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Lords should also been randomly generated, and not be immortal.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boofhead View Post
    Lords should also been randomly generated, and not be immortal.
    Agree with the immortal part, but I think they should not be randomly generated. Wouldn't that be confusing? Care to elaborate why you want it randomly generated?

More variety and making them expendable more than likely. A good compromise is making Lords and Kings exceptionally hard to kill while having randomly generated Barons that are much easier to kill. With Lords being hard to kill their progeny will stand a better chance at taking over instead of just having them wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Peasant View Post
    Agree with the immortal part, but I think they should not be randomly generated. Wouldn't that be confusing? Care to elaborate why you want it randomly generated?
    Mainly I get sick of the same guys, sometimes I have to punch myself in the head to remember King Harlaus is not whoever else because I'm playing a different faction.

I get sick of auto-escape shenanigans when the number of Lords in a faction gets too low (I believe such a trigger exists, might be wrong)

I don't like how after 300-400 days, because of faction betrayals, the Nords could have a leadership almost entirely of steppe-people, while the Khergits could nearly all be Nords. It's just dumb.

I think randomization of names and appearance would do a lot towards making each campaign unique.

When I say make them mortal, I don't mean if they get slain in battle they are dead, I mean like a 10% chance, so that after 3-400 days maybe 20-30% of Lords would have died, a gradual changing of the guard, so to speak. Funerals could be added to Feast and Wedding gatherings, and a new (randomly generated) Lord with nation-specific name and racial type would be generated to take over the old Lords holdings - maybe his eldest son?

Whatever the case may be, I think the Lords need greater variety and depth, to add to the game's immersion.

This isn't Highlander, after all.

Indefinitely Banned

Nice elaboration! I think I see your point now ^

and they certainly should find something more interesting that companions about each other because that's how they are coded. These are mercenaries! They should shut up and do as I say when I bring them money and spoils and not whine like children. Those flavour disputes would be nice if they could be resolved somehow and might occur more context based and less as a default outcome.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

I mean you do have a Persuasion skill after all. Doesn't see much mileage.

King of Belka's Avatar Campidoctor

I can deal with Bunduk's whining since he is you know the Bunduk but any other companion's crap I won't deal with so I agree with the above

I agree on death for lords, I like how you can kill a faction leader in battle in Total War.

The companion thing is all part of party management. Your mercs are hired in the taverns they don't whine, but your companions are just that, they are companions.

To make it realistic they would have to remove the companion customization, giving them their own personal tastes in equipment and loot.

They could even make some of them petition for loot or argue over it maybe even fight over it.

Sorry guys, I wasn't up to the news.

Can someone maybe tell me on which era will Mount and Blade 2 focus ?

Since I saw that Napoleon came out as an expansion for Warband(if I am right ?) so it won't be Napoleon era. Will it be WW1 or something different ?

Thanks for the answers/replys if any in advance.

Indefinitely Banned

Hm, WW1 M&B wouldn't really fit the feel of M&B as a general game for me, keep it pre-modern warfare.

My guess is they will expand on Calradia for the next game too.

Indefinitely Banned

And Calradia indeed, maybe introduce some new factions like they did with Warband.

It's just easier if they continue with that instead of rebuilding everything, that way they can focus on improving all the other things we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    and they certainly should find something more interesting that companions about each other because that's how they are coded. These are mercenaries! They should shut up and do as I say when I bring them money and spoils and not whine like children. Those flavour disputes would be nice if they could be resolved somehow and might occur more context based and less as a default outcome.
    Randomized companions would also be great. You'd have to find out their specialties instead of just walking into a tavern and ''Saying oh, there's Artimenner again.''

Yeah the companions should have some more independence, which would make your dealings with them all the more important verses just clicking "shut up! and don't bother me with this again!"

and I know you can't do that too any times, but still maybe companions that have mercs themselves?

Indefinitely Banned

Companions having mercs themselves ^ +1

And maybe those mercs can have mercs as well XD

The thing is this way it would be like coming across a band of warriors, a lot of times I would bet there would be a pecking order if not a leader.

So far all the mercs in Mount&Blade are just friends, evident when you hire them for so much because they and their buddies will cost so much.

But say one of the potential companions you meet is chilling in the tavern with his boys they all come along and it become an important alliance.