Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord Confirmed [Interview with dev. Singil page 20]

Default Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord Confirmed [Interview with dev. Singil page 20]

So this is the first official, real, confirmation I've seen of M&B 2, so far. In the first (0) edition of PC Gamer Digital, which can be had for free on Steam, TaleWorlds producer and designer Mikail Yazbeck confirmed that while he was finishing up development on With Fire and Sword, he was also beginning development on Mount&Blade 2. Download it and check it out! I can't wait!

EDIT:
    Bannerlord 2 was presented at Gamescom in Cologne just recently.

The Engine:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w66nHR7GTF4

Gameplay:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvdFjVjla7A
    Last edited by Adorno1; August 16, 2015 at 12:43 PM.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Mount&Blade 2 Confirmed

For a revitalized multiplayer experience, if nothing else.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

I'm hoping it's all about making the single player deeper. With a greater depth to things besides battles.

And no gunpowder or I'll never play native.

Pantsalot's Avatar Senator

I sincerely hope there'll be campaign
    coop, for all I care they can just have
    Warband with 2 player campaign coop
    & I'd be happy to spend £30+ on it XD

I'll be certain to get this! Damn, I'm so excited now.

Swadia FTW! God, I hope they return.

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Well i want Battles to require more Strategical and Tactical thinking :L, also more in-depth game-play, story-line and medieval life'.

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

So you don't like chopping people to pieces?

But yes, I agree. The current tactics are very limited, and I for one am almost as good a tactician as I am a fighter. I'm best with a greatsword. One-handed and shield on horseback are okay though, and a lance is my weapon of choice. Being a bowman, I wouldn't be so sure. I just consider myself lucky a lot of the time.
    Last edited by Heart of Madness; October 05, 2011 at 09:01 PM.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Would be awesome if they could realize thousands of troops like Total War games but still give you that first person experience.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

I would say the numbers right now are about right, as the lords only have 1 or 2 settlements each and can't be expected to bring over 200 men. Mainly just because of the size of villages and castles along with their surrounding area.

However, I agree that a Royal Army should number like 900-1200 soldiers though. Mainly that just for kings, but like 600 or 700 for more powerful lords, like the lord of Curaw or Wercheg, etc.

There are thousands of ideas for SP floating around. Any number of those would make SP much better. What I personally hope for (the same is true for what I hope for in Total war games) is much much better AI. Both in battle, and also in campaign.

In MP, what will decide it's success will be improved combat mechanics and physics.
    "My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the Arsenal is no more, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of gooner-ship, but it is not this day. An hour of Spuds and shattered cannons when the Highbury Emirates comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of North London!"
    - Aragooner

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

I surely hope they don't overdo this 'medieval flavor' with things like Warband's marriage.
    I don't mind more complex tactics, until I can turn it off that is.

M&B is a good 'chopping heads' game, questing is boring, alternate game modes (like trading or maybe being a priest) would not add much to MY game experience.

What I would like:
    - solving the lags and stuttering on PC's which are above optimal requirements
    - an other setting (either ancient egypt-lilke - Assyria, Babylon, Minoan Crete, Egypt - or some swashbuckling action - pirates and musketeers)

It would be great if they included medieval siege engines and made combat more tactical.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

My wishlisht:
    -Better, destructible, sieges.
    -More gore/bloodshed, I want you to really feel those hits. They're rather empty now.
    -Better battle AI. Rather than just everyone crowd into one big jumble.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

more realistic campaign features,
    better AI overall
    much mor realistic combat animations
    grafical enhancements (mainly the enviourment)
    naval battles
    no gun powder
    made up map
    new multiplayer game modes

and most important.

more modding tools and resources that can help the community make mods for this wonderful game

Libertus
    Netherlands, Utrecht, Amersfoort, Vathorst

I'm hoping they'll focus on engine improvements and not on things we can mod anyway (Looking at you, With Fire and Sword) while keeping it moddable.

And unlike other's, I'm hoping for a solid way of implementing gunpowder. Most mods used the crossbow slots and it always has problems.

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Madness View Post
    So you don't like chopping people to pieces?

But yes, I agree. The current tactics are very limited, and I for one am almost as good a tactician as I am a fighter. I'm best with a greatsword. One-handed and shield on horseback are okay though, and a lance is my weapon of choice. Being a bowman, I wouldn't be so sure. I just consider myself lucky a lot of the time.
    I do I do, Also i want more battle animations including death animations/sounds. More to Chew more individuallality in the troops, at most i go with my one-handed and shield but i am a good bowmen

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

I want dismemberment

siege engines and stuff, cannons, or ballistaes or scorpions or something.

Oh, and proper formations, default orders tab for default instructions in every battle.
    Check out my YouTube videos!

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Also, it would be good to add a new layer, connected with killing of course, I am mainly thinking some silent killings.

Scouting a camp, assasinate a person, spying, poison well, sabotage food store, etc. It would be good to do things other then 'sneak into town disguised', like 'personally open the gates', etc. It would require some kind of sneaking and silent kill method in game.
    (think along the lines of Thief series and Riddick: Escape from Buther's bay)

edit:
    Even if the core game didn't have it, it would be good to have some kind of animations and sounds for gunfire and reload. For the use of modders.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

I want more command options, like a deployment phase and units.

Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast