Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount&Blade 2: Bannerlord Confirmed [Interview with dev. Singil page 20]

Default Re: Mount&Blade 2 Confirmed [New video page 12]

Yes I agree, the story needs much more depth to it. I also hope battles can be set to larger amounts of soldiers at a time, and while graphics arent really a problem it would be cool if they revamped those

This is good news. I'd really like to see enhanced graphics and animation along with a coop campaign and possible enhanced multiplayer.

Protector Domesticus

Still hoping there is a focus on Gameplay over Graphics , may have to have a look at the vids.

I think it shouldn't be hard to do both, the graphics although improved largely remain below the bar that's being set these days.

and when I say graphics, I tend to include everything visual.

Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    I think it shouldn't be hard to do both, the graphics although improved largely remain below the bar that's being set these days.

and when I say graphics, I tend to include everything visual.
    Well aslong as they do both well and keep the hardware requirements down then yeh it will be good though ill still be afraid gameplay will take a backseat.

I can't see game play taking a backseat, they would lose the community they've worked so hard to build.

Protector Domesticus

Wouldnt be the first game series to abandon its core community infavour of dumbing things down for the general masses but yeh i doubt they will.

Default Re: Mount&Blade 2 Confirmed [Video page 12]

That's just not TaleWorlds, they were never as distant as CA was originally, CA is coming around though now that they see the benefits of involving the community.

Actually Screw Gameplay and Graphics Add an epiclot more Modding tools and such that always makes bad games best. hence i hated Medieval for awhile untill i found Stainless Steel.

Mount&Blade was built to be moddable and they're continually working directly with the community as my team co-leader will attest.

Default Re: Mount&Blade 2 Confirmed [New video page 10]

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    Gender, Race, Age, Weight, Belly, I think.

jeeeeeej! finaly i can make an fat, short, red and ugly Irish warlord! All i can never be in real life

Any further news?

I hope they resist the preasure to include magic, turning this into another fantasy MMO. I know they will not do this, but I also hope they use an historical setting.

Things I'd like to see:

• Improved stability and memory management
    • Familiar setting - Either something akin to 'Game of Thrones' (which would lend itself perfectly) or something Historical (Ancient Near East C10th BC, Rome C3rd BC, Dark Ages, French and Indian War America).
    • Improved diplomacy / character interaction / discourse / bribery etc
    • Improved sieges, fortification upgrades, prisoner management
    • Improved variation in equipment
    • Opportunity to divorce, have lovers, children / adopt heirs, have extended family, etc
    • Ingame option to upload your own banner

my2bob
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

Man I can't wait, definitely the news I needed after hearing about STALKER 2.

I hope they don't change too much, just improve upon some of the more lacking features of the last game. Diplomacy, sieges, city designs etc. Oh and I hope they come up with some sort of medic unit or something along those things. It was truly one of the most infuriating experiences to get hit with a crossbow bolt from across the map thirty seconds in and get stuck watching as the 2000 men in the battle slowly whittle each other away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

There will most certainly be improvements to game play no doubt, I just hope they can bring the graphics and animations into the next generation, I'd like to feel immersed in a living breathing world.

King of Belka's Avatar Campidoctor

I just want a better way to organize troops rather than the clunky menu we have now

that would definitely be nice

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

We definitely need a more RTS-like system for controlling troops and better formation AI.

the most important thing we need is support for the modding community

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

hm.. well the combat could be tweaked and perfected a bit further, but I think that especially the campaign map and interaction with the world could use improvement.
    Graphics arent everything, but especially the campaign map could look more appealing, with roads, walls and more terrain variety. Player and general avatars that travel the world could be improved too, each faction could have its own avatars for generals.

Would also be nice if factions could have alliances.. and not just be at war or not at war with each other. Maybe some improved trade as well. including trade agreements.

And lastly, it could also be nice if you can just travel along with a general of a faction and just be one of the soldiers in his battles instead of being a leader yourself.

King of Belka's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    hm.. well the combat could be tweaked and perfected a bit further, but I think that especially the campaign map and interaction with the world could use improvement.
    Graphics arent everything, but especially the campaign map could look more appealing, with roads, walls and more terrain variety. Player and general avatars that travel the world could be improved too, each faction could have its own avatars for generals.

Would also be nice if factions could have alliances.. and not just be at war or not at war with each other. Maybe some improved trade as well. including trade agreements.

And lastly, it could also be nice if you can just travel along with a general of a faction and just be one of the soldiers in his battles instead of being a leader yourself.
    It'd be smart if they took Freelancer and implemented it into M&B 2