Thread: Mods/DLC question

Default Mods/DLC question

Alright so I beat the campaign once (vanilla) and I'm looking for more samurai action,

I recently downloaded the new rise of samurai dlc but was also considering trying darth mod.

Does darth mod work with rise of the samurai? (able to turn off laser trails?)
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; October 04, 2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: English only outside of Foreign Language discussion forums

Default Re: Mods/DLC question

So far it does, but Darth is currently making some modifications to enhance both the original campaign and Rise of the Samurai, so I'd wait a day or two until he balances things out.

Moved from General Discussion to Darthmod Forum.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

So it is possible for me to turn off laser tails and horo in rise of the samurai? Honestly that's all I want for now.

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by moritsuna View Post
    So it is possible for me to turn off laser tails and horo in rise of the samurai? Honestly that's all I want for now.
    If you currently only need these 2 mods:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=436168
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437568

Arrow trails are disabled in DMS as well, but there is currently some 'tuning' going on, so I'd suggest to wait and use the 2 separate mods.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Thanks for those links.

Any ETA on the darth mod update though? I tried a skirmish battle with it on, and I have to say it seems so much more fun. (would I need to uninstall and reinstall darth mod or is it a patch type of update?)

Best use of Darthmod (and the latest patch/DLC) is to use only the standalone-packfile, as several sub-mods ain't working anymore and some of them are now built-in.

Though I highly guess, the new DMS will be finished pretty soon. The current (open)Beta 08 is close to reach god-mode
    The new melee battles are really cool and aren't either too short or long.

[I never used the installer, as I didn't needed most of the sub-mods or was downloading them myself from the proper mod-authors. But as far as I know, you copy over the darthmod_shogun.pack into your data folder, and if you were starting shogun using the DM-launcher you just use 'MP-light' as option - but it's mentioned in the beta-thread as well]

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

would I need to restart a campaign for the update of darthmod to work or is it automatically applied to an existing campaign and changes that campaign?
    Last edited by moritsuna; October 05, 2011 at 06:12 PM.

The major change is the new melee-combat system, and it adapted the new Rise of the Samurai-DLC units to fit into DMS as well.
    So there is no need to restart your campaign(s), as there was no change made to campaign-settings or the AI. Though he gave the most cheapest units (Ashigaru & Levy troops in the DLC package) a smaller size-boost, cause the AI highly focus to use them, even if you already got better armies.

(or check the DarthMod Beta thread, there is every change listed)

Alright thanks. I am wondering though, what is the 2x unit size comparable to? ultra? large? or is it bigger than both of them?

Quote Originally Posted by moritsuna View Post
    Alright thanks. I am wondering though, what is the 2x unit size comparable to? ultra? large? or is it bigger than both of them?
    I believe it doubles Ultra settings, since from what I've gathered in the preference script: Ultra = 1.0 Large = 0.75 Medium = 0.5 Low = 0.25. The 2x bonus just changes the variable to 2.0

I prefer normal sized units (On Ultra setting) as 2x gets a little too crowded in siege battles.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Do I have to wait for this beta to go live before I start a new campaign or can I start a campaign now and the update will automatically apply to my existing one? (in other words, will it change the campaign or just tactical battles)