Thread: MAARC XXXII - Nominations // Extend.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default MAARC XXXII - Nominations // Extend.

This is the submission/nomination thread for MAARC XXX.

Eligibility - The nominated AAR must have at least two updates in October & November.

Eligibility
    - The winner of MAARC XXVIII cannot compete in this current MAARC (This is a new rule: the second and third place AARs/writers are now allowed to compete again)
    - Only one AAR per person
    - Nomination deadline: the last day of the month
    - The competition is open for a month, followed by a one week, multi-poll vote.
    - If there are less than 10 nominations, the competition is extended for another month.
    - Usually authors nominate their own work. If you would like to nominate somebody else's work, please ask for the author's approval first (or encourage the author to nominate the AAR)!

Information to provide - Title and link to the original AAR thread
    - Author
    - Game and (if applicable) mod
    - Faction
    - Short description / teaser

Advertisement Rules
    Advertising is allowed in the official advertising board and in AAR threads. Any other kind of direct advertising to advocate nominees is prohibited. Those who breach this rule shall be disqualified for 3 months.

Asking for votes is not allowed and will result in an immediate disqualification and ban of 3 months from the Competition forums.

The competition manager will take whatever steps necessary to insure the integrity of the competition.

Awards
    4 points for the Winner
    3 points for Second Place
    2 points for Third Place

Points are accumulated towards the awarding of the AAR Competition Medals.

Please see the Writer's Study Information and FAQ Thread for more details.
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; October 31, 2011 at 01:02 PM.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Default Re: MAARC XXXII - Nominations

I'm not certain if this is the correct place to be posting this, but I shall anyway and if it has to be deleted/moved, then so be it.

I apologise if I get it wrong/in the wrong place/shouldn't be posting yet.

If it is the correct time/place, then I would like to nominate myself for this months (Octobers) MAARC competition, thank you.

- Title & URL: The Gods Of Battle!
    - Author: McScottish
    - Game and Mod: RTW:BI & Hegemonia City-States
    - Faction: Thrake/Thrace

- Teaser:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Change was coming to Thrake, the arrival of the Persian into our lands hailing the beginning of a new era and all that came with it.

Seuthes of the Odrysai sat betwixt the Propontis and his own tribal lands, Byzantion to the east, the warriors of the Thynoi to his north, the mountains and forests of Thrake to his west and the sea clinging to the north-east of his domain. For all this, for all opposition, he could gather to him warriors innumerable and send them anywhere he should will.

It was Seuthes who, when the great Persian Darius set foot on the soil of Europa and surged towards the land of his cousin Hebriselmis, invited the refugees of Bizye, who had toppled their homes and buildings of their settlement, to go and abide in the recently quashed settlement of Mesembria.

Those Hellenes who were dwellers their still were taken as slaves by the Odrysian 'guests' and no more was heard about them from that moment on.

In an act of overt predictability the Persian king occupied the ruins of the hill-fort, going no further into the Thrakian plains but instead taking the coastal road towards those Grecian and Thrakian settlements in his path and then, most likely, into the lands of Makedonia. It came to pass that he did not reach Makedonia but, with the Hellespont not secure at his back, Bithynia independent of his clutches and his great armies stretched thin, besieged and defeated the defenders of Maroneia instead. This polis he retained for his empire and from there did not move for quite some time, in any direction.

I know this, this and much more, but there is plenty of time yet to be had.

Though I am lame, deaf and short-sighted now, it was not always so. Once I was Berasdrenis, brown-deer, bastard son of Mukapaibes of the Dii, the most powerful and valiant warrior amongst my people, his skill at arms and reputation as a merciless killer earning him leadership of an uneasy union of mountain tribes, including the Bessi, our warriors often mercenaries or volunteers for the armies of the Odrysai as well as fighting for our own freedom.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

I would like to enter the MAARC XXXII also.

- THE NOWHERE LEGION

by

- SeniorBatavianHorse

- Mod: Somnium Apostatae Iulianorum

- Rome Total War/Barbarian Invasion

-
    Augustus Valens faction, that is, Eastern Roman Emperor after the fall of Julian

- Follow the exploits of the Quinta Macedonica Legio as it is condemned to a forgotten fort in the Black Desert.

Letters Of An Aragonese Knight
    Mod: Stainless Steel 6.3
    Faction: The Kingdom of Aragon
    Campaign Difficulty: Medium
    Battle Difficulty: Medium
    Unit Size: Small

Description:

My name is Jaime Encina, and I am a loyal servant to the Crown of Aragon. These letters are for my own personal use, to keep track of the myriad of events that have forever more disturbed the peace and tranquility of my former life. These events have forever changed my life, and they have jeopardized the security of the crown. Now more than ever Aragon needs me, and I will do all in my power to serve my King and Kingdom and bring our beloved realm to new heights of greatness! To whoever reads these, do not judge me for my actions. I had my life taken away from me, and I did the best with what I was given with. Everything I did, I did in service of my beloved Aragon.

Author: La coupe est pleine

Game: Medieval 2 total War

Mod: DLV 6.2

Faction: Royaume de France

I’m Philippe.
    Philippe Capet, adoptive son of the French King. However, my real name is Muhammad Sahadeddine. I’ve been adopted because of an amazing coincidence. I hope to become soon a hero of Chivalry, and help the poor and the orphans.
    I know, I’ve read a lot of hero stories, but I’m a dreamer…

Let's follow the epic adventure of an eastern son, lost in a western land.

Could he reach glory through epic battles and choices?
    Or should he resign to accept a miserable fate everyone wants him to follow?

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

A bit late, but here goes:

AAR: Julian, The Savior of Rome?

Author: Knonfoda

Mod: Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Iuliani Apostatae

Aim: To usher in a new era of glory for the Roman Empire

Preview:

Available here: Julian, The Savior of Rome?

Default Re: MAARC XXXII - Nominations // Extend.

What chance do I have when there are two of the old masters in the game already? Oh what the hell...

Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR

Game: S2TW vanilla
    Mod: Radious diplomacy V1
    Faction: Takeda

The winter of 1544 was a harsh one, and as I travelled through the valleys of Kai, the hardship it must have brought the people was quick to my mind. It was remarkable, then, that the cold spring air was filled not with despair, but an excitable buzz, a feeling of anticipation. The snow was still melting away under my feet, but families had already begun their preparation for the year to come. There was a sense of optimism, hope that in these tumultuous times, big things were destined for the young man who led them and their glorious clan. His clan was the Takeda, descendants of the ancient Minamoto, and his name was Harunobu.

Some years ago, Harunobu had become daimyo of Kai, displacing his father as the head of the clan. The Takeda were rightly feared as master horsemen, but years of internal strife and struggles against the Hojo and Imagawa had weakened it to the point where Kai itself was under threat. As I walked through the countryside struggle was nowhere to be seen, however, reflecting the improvement in conditions since those godforsaken years. Word was that the Shinano warlords will come again soon, but the quiet industry of these people seemed to reflect their confidence that the Takeda would be ready, and Harunobu would lead them to greatness.

Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; November 30, 2011 at 07:33 PM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Default Re: MAARC XXXII - Nominations // Extend.

is it too late to nominate myself?

My AAR is http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=492950
    Last edited by Radzeer; December 01, 2011 at 06:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    obviously a Jewish Honeywell operation ... using a time machine invented in 1940 to know all future Far Right stars so Female Mossad Agents would bear their children and taint them for eternity.