Thread: can there be any more factions ????

Default can there be any more factions ????

just a look in the mod I think that ther are a free faction slot if you guys delete the wierd smily faction there will be 2 .

now my question is that according to the book were there any faction who are not mentioned in the mod ????

if so then new faction will be awesome , I just want to know if there was any more factions or not ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: can there be any more factions ????

only faction(s) worth adding is Khan (or whatever those horse guys south of easterlings were) and/or making Umbar a separate faction

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

so way don't the team add them as a new factions they have two free faction slots ?
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Because it will reguire much more work and time devoted to the mod,and because the mod is focused on the Movies ,not the books .

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    so way don't the team add them as a new factions they have two free faction slots ?
    because they didn't have any (or very little) effect to war of the rings

If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    only faction(s) worth adding is Khan (or whatever those horse guys south of easterlings were) and/or making Umbar a separate faction
    its not only... Dol Amroth would be nice to see as faction... Gondor would be something like Vassals to them idk... but anyway... i think that will be much work so...

Agent007's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Prdo View Post
    its not only... Dol Amroth would be nice to see as faction... Gondor would be something like Vassals to them idk... but anyway... i think that will be much work so...
    No, no, not at all! It's not Gondor that would be vassals, it's Dol Amroth that would be/are vassals of Gondor. Check your lore!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
    No, no, not at all! It's not Gondor that would be vassals, it's Dol Amroth that would be/are vassals of Gondor. Check your lore!
    hahahaha omg im idiot >.< anyway i thought gondor would be feud not vassals...

Quote Originally Posted by Prdo View Post
    nah, small faction that would attack or get raped by gondor in few turns is not a good idea.

well gondor needs all the space it can get in order to hold mordor away so any other fronts for gondor will not be a good idea.

but really a new faction would be so awesome.

@ EBG : yes it needs more hard work but look at the results two new factions will be so popular , and exciting.
    BOM to Kakabis

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    well gondor needs all the space it can get in order to hold mordor away so any other fronts for gondor will not be a good idea.

but really a new faction would be so awesome.

@ EBG : yes it needs more hard work but look at the results two new factions will be so popular , and exciting.
    another "good" faction will just make the latent problem of good vs good faction in this mod become worse. Actually I personally think it should be otherwise, as if put elf faction as one faction in the campaign. and Free people should be re-distributed to gondor and or rohan

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

I would personally like to see a Beorning faction making it into the mod, then again, this mod is based on the movies and since the Beornings aren't featured into the works of PJ, I doubt that they will fit in...

Umbar, Khand and especially Dol Amroth would be nice additions as well, but I think that adding those factions would be pointless gameplay wise. Umbar is surrounded by its ally Harad, Dol Amroth by its ally Gondor and Khand by its allies Mordor, Harad, Rhun. Adding these factions would only result in a good versus good and evil versus evil style of play.

so way don't the team add them as a new factions they have two free faction slots?
    Adding in a new faction takes more time than you can imagine. I spent a whole year, together with a team of about 5 regular members and help from others as well, to complete the addition of just one faction (Vale of Anduin faction) into Third Age Total War. If you want to do it right a lot of stuff has to be done: New units, symbols, descriptions, coding, balancing, traits/ancillaries, portraits, mapping, etc. Seeing that the team is already busy with other stuff, I really doubt that they have the time for this. The only way I see a new faction happening is through a submod.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphir of Dol Amroth View Post
    Umbar, Khand and especially Dol Amroth would be nice additions as well, but I think that adding those factions would be pointless gameplay wise. Umbar is surrounded by its ally Harad, Dol Amroth by its ally Gondor and Khand by its allies Mordor, Harad, Rhun. Adding these factions would only result in a good versus good and evil versus evil style of play.
    sadly, you are totally right.. even if the team had time to add the factions, it would not be so good. maybe using blind alliances and coding naval attacks for umbar or dol amroth would work..
    but otherwise, it would damage the gameplay deeply..
    arise! arise riders of theoden!

Cartledge's Avatar Civis

I can only imagine the work would be enourmous considering how heavily scripted the mod is already, not to mention a whole pile of stability issues along with that
    Roma Surrectum 2.2 Beta Tester