Thread: Revenge of the fallen review by paradamed (contains spoilers)

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Revenge of the fallen review by paradamed (contains spoilers)

Oh my god, I never thought this movie would be so horrible. Pls dont watch this movie it is beyond ridiculous. Pls read this spoiler before watching and save your time for something better.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    All of the characters are totally annoying, shia's character is an annoying brat, the roommate is annoying the mother is annoying. The roommate, oh the roomate, the guy manages to be more annoying than Shia's characters, I never thought it to be possible but so it is.

The director mistook ridiculous for fun. What of that thong scene of the italian guy, how innapropriate was that. And what about the mother high on marijuana, totally ridiculous. Were those scenes supposed to be funny? I wont even mention the robots. One of them is a pet to a human that in my opinion would be the same as an ant having a human as a pet. Seriously, would an extremely advanced alien race behave like that? A pet to an inferior race? Go to the garage, bumblebee, bad bumblebee, bad bumblebee.

OMG, this movie totally sucks. That is not everything but they also managed to include robots with a golden tooth in his mouth and gettho slangs. Im not racist at all but Michael Bay certainly was when he used the usual black people stereotype. I used the word because apparently that was what Michael Bay wanted to portray. And there is even more, a senile robot who farts at innapropriate occasions and also needs a cane to walk and walks with its back curved. And and there is also a robot with a human tongue. This is definetely one of the worst movies ever made.

So the world is a the brink of destruction with aliens raining from the skies all over the world in all of the major cities and people are just casually buying pork chops at a grocery store like nothing is happening? Wouldnt it cause some kind of chaos, riots, pillages and that kind of thing? Would people still find time to go to museums? And what about the midget commander? What the was that? And if you are going to use a parachute remember to wear a fancy suit and your reading glasses.

I also thought such a superior alien race wouldnt need to look for a kid hidden in a house, wouldnt such a superior race have some kind of scan device? There is also a "power rangers" style robot.

I would also like to mention something that bothered me in the first movie as well. In my opinion, I didnt like the way the robots were designed. I think the robots should have recognizable parts in "robot form" more visible. When they are in robot form you cant even tell which robot is a car or a truck or a jet unlike the cartoons version. I didnt like that, not to mention that Optimus Prime has lips.

And supposedly a couple is defined by two people running holding hands cause that is as far as a couple Shia and Megan are. There is no chemistry, no romance between them which defines them as a couple.

Seriously I wouldnt even say this movie is aiming at kids cause there are lots of innapropriate scenes for kids, there is insinuation of sex and drug using and partial male nudity and cursing. SO who were they aiming at when releasing that movie? They mix adult themes and kids themes in an innapropriate way. If you are five years old apart form the adult themes you will like the movie.

Im surprised this movie is rated 5.9 at imdb cause it is too much, this movie deserves maybe a 2 or 3 which is earned only because of the visual effects which are not over the top either. But as some guy said in IMDB "myself, i like that action scenes be part of the movie, not the movie itself."
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; April 17, 2013 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Censor bypassing.

Default Re: Revenge of the fallen review by paradamed (contains spoilers)

You sure have no taste for a good movie

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

classical_hero's Avatar Senator

Well the first part of the movie was watchable, if you know you are watching a Michael Bay film, but the last 30 minutes of the film was totally terrible.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

No offence mate, but that was probably the worst review I have ever read. If you want people to take you seriously, spell out your words and for gods sake use paragraphs.

As for the movie I disagree, I genuinely enjoyed the movie for what it was, mass destruction, cars and girls on a larger than life scale. A Michael Bay movie in other words.
    It is however the worst of the Transformers trilogy. Also you need to see transformers on the cinema, not your bedroom TV, all the magic's are lost if you don't have a large screen and awesome sound.

(You forgot to mention the completely random "Special Weapon" the US army had on that ship)
    Last edited by Påsan; October 14, 2011 at 09:33 AM.

Semisalis

Railgun FTW! (I know they have one...)