Thread: Dismounted English Knights (RESOLVED by version 1.6)

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Default Dismounted English Knights (RESOLVED by version 1.6)

Why cant i recruit disnmounted english knights playing as England? I can recruit dismounted Templar though but I want dismounted english.

AJStoner's Avatar Lord of Entropy

Default Re: Dismounted English Knights

They were accidentally left out of the EDB file. They will be there in version 1.6 which will be released in a few days.

*MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF HADER* *UNDER THE CRUEL & MERCILESS PATRONAGE OF y2day*

O ok. Curious tho, since update is soon, will this nnew update be savegame compatible?

Unfortunately not because some map/interactive-event issues were addressed which required new versions of the descr_strat and campaign_script files.

You could initially omit them until you complete your current game though and it should be okay. Just download the patch update for your 1.5 version instead of the new 1.6 installer. You won’t have the groovy new desktop icon that way but the mod itself will work properly. Just make sure that you do add the 2 files in question when you are done with your current game so that your installation is up-to-date.

In the mean-time I have attached a copy of the new data/export_descr_buildings file with the Dismounted English Knights activated. You can just drop this into your RB Data folder and use it with your current game.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS ATTACHMENT--DOESN'T WORK, USE THE ONE IN POST #9!!!
    Last edited by AJStoner; October 03, 2011 at 10:10 PM.

thnx a lot

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    In the mean-time I have attached a copy of the new data/export_descr_buildings file with the Dismounted English Knights activated. You can just drop this into your RB Data folder and use it with your current game.
    So is this part save game compatible then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Leonidas View Post
    So is this part save game compatible then?
    Yes, this just adds recruitment lines to the EDB for England and the Baron's Alliance for Dismounted English Knights. Essentially anything that doesn't need to go into world/maps will be save-game friendly.

Dude I apprewciate the export file. However sumthin n it gives me corrupt game. Newgame save load evrythng breaks. Guess ill hav wait 4 the update. How long b4 that is uploaded?

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    Dude I apprewciate the export file. However sumthin n it gives me corrupt game. Newgame save load evrythng breaks. Guess ill hav wait 4 the update. How long b4 that is uploaded?
    Damn, sorry about that. I had made some changes to the building trees so it was no longer compatible. I dug up an older version of the file and added the units. This one should work for you. Sorry again about the mix-up.

AJS

Quote Originally Posted by AJStoner View Post
    Damn, sorry about that. I had made some changes to the building trees so it was no longer compatible. I dug up an older version of the file and added the units. This one should work for you. Sorry again about the mix-up.

AJS
    Again maybe Im doing something wrong dude. Is this save-game compatible? I assumed it was. Do I need to start a new game with this file? Tried loading my saved game with post#9 upload but still doesnt work. Should I jus wait 4 the update?

That is weird... Not sure what the problem might be then, I guess that's the best course of action. It will be Thursday at the latest.

aight then dude thnx

Default Re: Dismounted English Knights (RESOLVED by version 1.6)

Just wanted to say thank you so much for this AJ. Problem was fixed in 1.6

Default Re: Dismounted English Knights (RESOLVED by version 1.6)

You are very welcome, enjoy!