Thread: Menu landscape, anyone help?

Default Menu landscape, anyone help?

I really like the new landscape that is in the menu with the Shogun 2 RotS DLC (wooden fort) , but I was hoping that alternated with the equally beautiful landscape menu ("stone"castle) was there before.

Is there a way to put the original landscape of TW:Shogun 2 in the main menu?

Thanks for eventual answers
    Last edited by Alpha TWC; September 30, 2011 at 01:19 PM.

Default Re: Menu landscape

Yeah wish there was a way to toggle between the two.

Default Re: Menu landscape, anyone help?

someone, perhaps one of the modders, some suggestions?

I believe that it is not difficult, but you need to know where to go.

Moved to Mod Workshop.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

You need to replace the map file in terrain.pack.

Extract the terrain of scs_enemy_state_03 (name something like this not exact) from terrain and make a mod with that map in. Though check the name of the new map in patch 9.pack (probably still scs enemy state 03).

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    You need to replace the map file in terrain.pack.

Extract the terrain of scs_enemy_state_03 (name something like this not exact) from terrain and make a mod with that map in. Though check the name of the new map in patch 9.pack (probably still scs enemy state 03).
    Thank you

the files are

terrain -------------> scs_enemystate_a03
    patch9 -------------> scs_gempei_frontend

I miss just one thing, the camera menu. as "I feared"

I loaded the previous landscape, but the camera is underground.... because it is still set to the Gempei's new landscape

what is the file in question?
    Last edited by Alpha TWC; October 01, 2011 at 10:48 AM.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

No, i would guess some compiled luac or hard coded, I don't think you can change it. Sorry.

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

This old topic deserves some revival; as of late we NOW have a different format of menu screen presentation, managed by accessible xml files found in more recent patches. It might be possible to use these xml files to bring the scs_enemystate_a03 map back, and fix the camera in position.

As Akaie has once posted "This is done by two xml files "frontend_scene.xml" and "frontend_camera_script.xml", found in patch15.pack. The former sets the map to be viewed and the latter defines aspects of the camera movement."

It might be extra tricky to re-establish the Avatar management background however.

Ah, As I investigated further, I discovered that the latest steam update OBLITERATES the scs_enemystate_a03 preset from the terrain pack file. No problem for me tho... I had it backed up. I'll take a look and see what I can do. And now the two xml files "frontend_scene.xml" and "frontend_camera_script.xml" are simply in the data pack. Looks like CA sought to clean up house.
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; December 24, 2012 at 12:22 AM.

I express my utmost interest in this thread, I'm also looking for a way to remove the new railroad and ironclads scenery
    from my main menu and loading savegames screens. Live2sculpt, could you please upload your terrain .pack file? The more
    people have it backed up, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade of Sunday View Post
    I express my utmost interest in this thread, I'm also looking for a way to remove the new railroad and ironclads scenery
    from my main menu and loading savegames screens. Live2sculpt, could you please upload your terrain .pack file? The more
    people have it backed up, the better.
    This is strange territory.
    We are speaking of an original game component, but one which has been removed from current versions of the game.

I'll need a moderator's assessment of that in regards to twcenter Terms of Service.

*rings bell*

In any case, I satisfied myself with simply modifying the current script to only show the camera tracks that I liked such as temples and nature, removed the ones such as train bridge and porthole, and greatly slowed the camera panning speeds.

When analyzing the scs_enemystate_a03 file, I found the vanilla menu camera angle hard to replicate, due in part to the 'lense' focus differences etc.
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; February 09, 2013 at 04:51 PM.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

You're stuck with what CA gave us. No going back. Sorry.

Now, if you wish to make new ones and share them with the community, this is legal and above board.
    Last edited by irishron; February 09, 2013 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    You're stuck with what CA gave us. No going back. Sorry.

Now, if you wish to make new ones and share them with the community, this is legal and above board.
    Thank you.
    So the old scs_enemystate_a03 file itself is not share-able, but a NEW map that simulates scs_enemystate_a03 features could be shared?