Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Warhammer 40k storyline needs to change! Its getting stail!

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: The Warhammer 40k storyline needs to change! Its getting stail!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNEX5C3YGYQ

On a Backwater Imperial World in Human Confederation Space lies SkyNet, The Computer System that effecitvley controls and maintains the Robotic Collective to serve Mankind during their Golden Age of Peace and Wars for Defense. Now, The Men of Iron have turned against their creators, Now, using the STC Template technology of time travel, Terminators were sent back in time to kill the Future leader of the human resistance, it failed, now , John Connor Leads the remnants of the Human military to fight the Machines, the very same Machines which won defensive wars for humanity against hostile Alien Foes.

The Decline of the Golden Age of Mankind has become. May the Gods have mercy on their souls for the Rise of the Imperium will destroy the Imperium forever after the Divine Ascended Master, the Emperor was killed by his Son.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellus88 View Post
    That was one stupid Thread, the Imperium evacuates their citizens during large Xenos invasions.
    That rarely happens. Only the rich and influential people get away. The Imperium can easily replace people, not the infrastructure of the lost planet.

On a Backwater Imperial World in Human Confederation Space lies SkyNet, The Computer System that effecitvley controls and maintains the Robotic Collective to serve Mankind during their Golden Age of Peace and Wars for Defense. Now, The Men of Iron have turned against their creators, Now, using the STC Template technology of time travel, Terminators were sent back in time to kill the Future leader of the human resistance, it failed, now , John Connor Leads the remnants of the Human military to fight the Machines, the very same Machines which won defensive wars for humanity against hostile Alien Foes.

The Decline of the Golden Age of Mankind has become. May the Gods have mercy on their souls for the Rise of the Imperium will destroy the Imperium forever after the Divine Ascended Master, the Emperor was killed by his Son.
    This post makes no sense. If anything its just disruptive and pointless.
    Art //

Can everyone also remember that Warhammer is made up by Games Workshop and they can make up whatever they want and it will be fluff? For example Games Workshop could say New Space Marine chapters are using Banana guns to fight the forces of Chaos!!!!

My opinion to the original OP's post: I think it gets kinda boring with the whole FFA fighting. Game Workshop has to try something different otherwise it gets boring. I hope I didn't offend anyone (how could it offend anyone anyways its a made up story! XD)

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

So you don't like wh40k but are determined to morph it into something else...great.

Well, Obvious troll is obvious.

Indefinitely Banned

Obviously this guy is only trying to push out his idea of how the storyline should continue. Given that the 40k universe is all about war, war and war, There should not be any sort of peace agreements or the rejuvenation of the imperium. That would just basically ruin the plot.

And besides, what can the fans do to the lore? It's the GW that controls it, so send them a message, if you want your idea trough. I can assure you that it will never do so.

There was an idea a few years back with the EoT campaign to completely re-write the background.

Had chaos of won convincingly and broken through cadia then they would have broken up the imperium. Each space marine chapter would end up controlling their own region of space with the inquisition taking earth.

They would then have been able to being back characters to lead the separate regions of humanity - Russ would have returned with the 13th legion, corax would be back, khan would escape from the webway, memphiston would complete his evolution into a reborn sanguinous, gulliman would heal and the emperor would have finally died and taken his place as the 5th warp god.

Basically, all hell breaking loose. The rumour had it that they chickened out as they were worried then would lose too many fans.

That's fine but what would you do about the Imperial Guard? By doing that you might as well destroy the Imperial Guard faction.

The Imperial Guard's main strength is in its ability to draw unlimited recruits. Split up the Imperium and you take that identity away from them. For the Space Marines, making them into the Ultramarines is no big deal but factor in the Imperial Guard you might as well get rid of it.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Get rid IG then; I may miss those paper armor but that is all about IG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

If you have a hundred thousand planets in your part of the galaxy you can still recruit well enough. I don't think it would destroy the faction.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    That's fine but what would you do about the Imperial Guard? By doing that you might as well destroy the Imperial Guard faction.

The Imperial Guard's main strength is in its ability to draw unlimited recruits. Split up the Imperium and you take that identity away from them. For the Space Marines, making them into the Ultramarines is no big deal but factor in the Imperial Guard you might as well get rid of it.
    Seeing as almost all the imperial guard armies on the world come from 2 planets, I don't see it being an issue really.

It's no different to pointing out that marine chapters 1000 men strong aren't big enough.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maidel View Post
    Seeing as almost all the imperial guard armies on the world come from 2 planets, I don't see it being an issue really.

It's no different to pointing out that marine chapters 1000 men strong aren't big enough.
    2 planets? there are more IG planets, than Cadia and Catachan. Armageddon, Krieg, Vostroya, Tallarn, Mordia, Elysia, Harakoni, Valhalla, Savlon and so on. There's even elite IG regiments in Terra (Byzantine Janizzaries and Merican Fusiliers come to mind)

Quote Originally Posted by scutarilegion View Post
    2 planets? there are more IG planets, than Cadia and Catachan. Armageddon, Krieg, Vostroya, Tallarn, Mordia, Elysia, Harakoni, Valhalla, Savlon and so on. There's even elite IG regiments in Terra (Byzantine Janizzaries and Merican Fusiliers come to mind)
    Quite so. Its just the same as saying there are more marine chapters than the ultramarines...

If you took a survey of 10,000 imperial guard armies made by a cross section of gamers (vets and newbies) I bet 9000+ would be either catachan or Cadian.

EDIT - I just realised my post was ambigous. I didnt mean IN THE STORY most imperial guard are catachan or cadian - I meant from the perspective of gamers and the hobby, almost all imperial guard armies are either catachan or cadian.

Indefinitely Banned

Quite so. Its just the same as saying there are more marine chapters than the ultramarines...

If you took a survey of 10,000 imperial guard armies made by a cross section of gamers (vets and newbies) I bet 9000+ would be either catachan or Cadian.

EDIT - I just realised my post was ambigous. I didnt mean IN THE STORY most imperial guard are catachan or cadian - I meant from the perspective of gamers and the hobby, almost all imperial guard armies are either catachan or cadian.
    That might have something to do with the fact, that GW hasn't created plastic boxes for the other IG regiments.

Quote Originally Posted by scutarilegion View Post
    That might have something to do with the fact, that GW hasn't created plastic boxes for the other IG regiments.
    Oh I completely understand that. Thats not my point. Ill go back to the begining:

And my answer to that is that:

It doesnt seem to matter to people at the moment that all their armies come from two planets. Just because the imperium fragments will not change this - each fragment will still have worlds like cadia and forgeworlds to supply them. Remember each marine home world tends to have a close link to a forgeworld anyway.

each fragment will still have worlds like cadia and forgeworlds to supply them. Remember each marine home world tends to have a close link to a forgeworld anyway.

Except you'd be destroying Cadia in the process since that's the one thing holding Chaos back. That and I'm not talking about the Space Marines. It's the Imperial Guard that holds the Imperium together and fights the majority of its battles.

That and there are people who adore the other regiments. I mean Dawn of War retribution even has a Death Korps skin for their units (And their own novels AND Imperial Armour Books to boot). And the thing with the Space Marines is that they always fight outnumbered so numbers are irrelevant. We always see them fight last stands or conquer entire worlds with just a single company or less.

The thing is, the Imperium is already short in hands even with a million worlds. To split that up even further would reduce the manpower of the Imperial Guard.

Now I did hear rumours GW was going to change things quite a bit by having the Imperium fall back and become smaller but to compensate for the IG they would introduce new STCs that would put them on the same level as the Tau (or at least on a similar footing to boost the loss of manpower). The only problem with that is then that takes away the Tau's identity.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    [/B]
    Except you'd be destroying Cadia in the process since that's the one thing holding Chaos back. That and I'm not talking about the Space Marines. It's the Imperial Guard that holds the Imperium together and fights the majority of its battles.
    Hey, its not my idea...

And I think the plan was that cadia was going to survive. I have no idea how, but there is no way they would have killed it off, not with them just releasing the plastics!

That and there are people who adore the other regiments.
    None of which would have changed - they would have all still existed.

The thing is, the Imperium is already short in hands even with a million worlds. To split that up even further would reduce the manpower of the Imperial Guard.
    I think that 'short of hands' is the wrong way of looking at it - they are short because they are having to send people all over the galaxy. the idea of this would have been that each 'region' would have been controlled and protected by a single faction - EG blood angels and their imperial guard allies.

I think the real reason was that they wanted more legitimate reasons for all the imperial factions to fight each other.

Now I did hear rumours GW was going to change things quite a bit by having the Imperium fall back and become smaller but to compensate for the IG they would introduce new STCs that would put them on the same level as the Tau (or at least on a similar footing to boost the loss of manpower). The only problem with that is then that takes away the Tau's identity.
    god no - would never happen - all those plastic kits they produced would need to be thrown away and re-done. Nothing like that would happen for at LEAST 10 years or more.

There was an idea a few years back with the EoT campaign to completely re-write the background.

Had chaos of won convincingly and broken through cadia then they would have broken up the imperium. Each space marine chapter would end up controlling their own region of space with the inquisition taking earth.

They would then have been able to being back characters to lead the separate regions of humanity - Russ would have returned with the 13th legion, corax would be back, khan would escape from the webway, memphiston would complete his evolution into a reborn sanguinous, gulliman would heal and the emperor would have finally died and taken his place as the 5th warp god.

Basically, all hell breaking loose. The rumour had it that they chickened out as they were worried then would lose too many fans.
    Was that the one where chaos got raped during the worldwide 13th black crusade campaign?

I think that 'short of hands' is the wrong way of looking at it - they are short because they are having to send people all over the galaxy. the idea of this would have been that each 'region' would have been controlled and protected by a single faction - EG blood angels and their imperial guard allies.

I think the real reason was that they wanted more legitimate reasons for all the imperial factions to fight each other.

god no - would never happen - all those plastic kits they produced would need to be thrown away and re-done. Nothing like that would happen for at LEAST 10 years or more.
    I dont think a lot of IG players would like their faction becoming the peasant militia of the space marines much. for my regiment that would mean becoming a protectorate of the Space Wolves so that is not so bad since they bring alcohol and Yarrr with em, but ing hell, if you are in the Ultima Segmentum you will be Rowboat Girlyman's cumbucket.

Not all regions would be pawns of space marines. Assuming cadia survived then they would be the dominant planet in there little region.

Its funny how everyone assumes the Imperial would collapse just because of that. Cadia has basically fallen before and it still did not bring the end times.
    Art //