Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Shogun v2.85 Pack Beta 8 (updated 5/10/2011)

Default DarthMod Shogun v2.85 Pack Beta 8 (updated 5/10/2011)

*****REMOVED*****
    Unzip and put darthmod_shogun.pack in the shogun game folder. For example in the destination:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data

To test:
    -Do not use any extra gameplay settings (To be sure just use MP Light settings in the launcher)

Special new in v2,85:

• All units adapted to the newest DLC "Rise of the Samurai" and several repairs made that were needed (units_stats_file corrupted, double index entries making buildings not buildable, new projectiles, many new entries in many files added etc.). Also some old settings were removed:
      -Spot distances preserved as they are in vanilla.
      -Yari Ashigaru animation made again vanilla because the previous change (to use only yari) caused lag and spear wall not to work correctly.
    • Several changes in the battle gameplay make battles more intense and difficult for the human player. Watch the melees to be as chaotic and heroic as ever. The new realistic melee system of DarthMod creates extreme charge penetrations, instant unit interactions and 1vs1 confrontation in which the better man prevails. You will not be able to control a unit easily once it is engaged, as it was in real life. The troops are ferociously entering the fray of the battle at every corner and do not hesitate.... in a few words the battles now are cinematic, violent and spectacular to watch but not easy at all to win.
    • Ashigaru and Levy troops have increased size to compensate correctly their lack of fighting ability against samurai and elite troops.
    • Unit untidyness made more realistic and not as razor straight as in vanilla (Improved the previous version).
    • More dynamic morale changes during battles (projectiles and artillery fire affect more, winning or losing a battle make morale to get high or low etc.). The battle can now turn very quickly with decisive tactical manoeuvres and momentums.
    • Daimyo fighting abilities now vary per character (in vanilla all are the same).
    • Ancillaries reworked from scratch. Now they are more useful.
    • Skill points increased from 2 to 3 for Genpei units.
    • Skills for characters have been improved.
    • Changes for the Launcher:
      • Ashigaru Boost option removed (It is on by default now)
      • Realm Divide Mild option removed (It is on by default now)
      • Demokritos mod option removed (I was not able to collaborate with the creator: he asked me to frequently request permission everytime he created his ABCD1234 version of his mod.....)
      • Gallus Domesticus Oda-Tokugawa alliance mod updated by me (he is absent a lot of time so I had to do this alone, but full credits go to him for his very good mod)
      • Every other setting is updated as necessary.

Default Re: DarthMod Shogun v2.85 Pack Beta

IS this for ROTS compatibility? sorry if its a stupid question.

EDIT: ok that makes sense now. Thanks Instance

Alright Test results:
    Income mod did not work
    Unit variety mod worked
    Loose Formation Button as Re-appeared, FOR THOSE who don't have it please use the hotkey for now: Shift+1
    AUM stopped working, others i'm still testing
    Last edited by Warchamp84; September 30, 2011 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warchamp84 View Post
    IS this for ROTS compatiblity? sorry if its a stupid question.
    I believe our Dark Lord has mixed up the DLC names. Given its my understanding he already compatibilized Sengoku Jidai.

Therefore I imagine he means that the new units from Rise of the Samurai were adapted.

Anyway, giving it a download and a test. Will return as soon as I can with relevant information.

-Instance

Quote Originally Posted by Instance View Post
    I believe our Dark Lord has mixed up the DLC names. Given its my understanding he already compatibilized Sengoku Jidai.

Therefore I imagine he means that the new units from Rise of the Samurai were adapted.

Anyway, giving it a download and a test. Will return as soon as I can with relevant information.

-Instance
    Yea, seem some RotS entries were added. Gonna try it out.

Still unable to recruit Trade Ships in RotS
    Last edited by StrikeQ; September 29, 2011 at 06:56 PM.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeQ View Post
    Still unable to recruit Trade Ships in RotS
    I'm freaking stupid...I was wondering why I couldn't build trade ships as well, and only in the next upgrade they show up properly (guess the same like light samurai ships) and can be build! BUT you need freaking wood for the next upgrade and I never thought of DMS causes the same problem like the military port
    God bless the new 'Allegiance' guy - ninjaed just a province with wood -> problem solved ^.^

Edit: will give it a try tomorrow and check the beta.

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

I don't have any tooltips.

There is no loose formation button anymore? Original Campaign.

Yes, I meant the newest DLC. I corrected the above. So please tell how is the gameplay first, and then all others. If I get good feedback I can provide the final full version today or tomorrow.

edit:
    -The button of loose formation in normal campaign should now be fixed? Have not checked.
    -The income mod does not work? Strange. To which campaign?
    -Some options of the DMS launcher will not work (the extra gameplay no garrison etc.)

Koljan's Avatar Senator

Is this patch also supposes to "darth" the RoTs campaign also, or just fix the problems caused by patch?

Yes, as I said, it is a "Darthed" RoTS with extra gameplay features for the whole Shogun. I will have a changelog later.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    -The button of loose formation in normal campaign should now be fixed? Have not checked.
    The loose button is still not working with DMS enabled, but that's cause of the RotS campaign, cause the units use 'loose formation' by default and there is no other option. But this seems to interfere with the regularly campaign (and DMS enabled) - you get the option back as soon as you disable DMS. Can be checked in customs battles as well.

-Some options of the DMS launcher will not work (the extra gameplay no garrison etc.)
    You are referring to the 1640 mod, aren't you? I'm using http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=456383 instead, but it combines the Oda-Tokugawa mod as well, cause the original mod by spartan_warrior doesn't work anymore. The posted mod does definitely work, as I started a new campaign after the new patch.

Though there is an update in his thread by moonflower, yet I didn't gave it a try.

(I don't use the launcher and use only your pack file and choose my other mods on demand ^^)

Damn, stupid copy&paste..something messed up the formating...edit: fixed

Can someone test if the loose formation button appears in campaign battles but not in custom battles?

It's always dazzling to see Darth and his collaborators at work!!!!
    <> If you think my english is bad, you never heard my japanese
    <> "Ama il prossimo tuo...NON QUESTO! IL PROSSIMO!"
    <> "Non bisogna prendere la vita troppo sul serio! Tanto non se ne esce vivi!!"
    <> "Saru mo ki kara ochiru"

Can someone test if the loose formation button appears in campaign battles but not in custom battles?
    nope, doesn't work.
    I really don't hope you have to actually put the loose formation ability on each unit in the junction-thingie table.

(will give it a try as well and add it)

edit: you'll figure out the reason eventually *g* adding the ability to the junction table does work, but you'll get an empire/napoleon:TW-styled extra button.
    Last edited by valky; September 30, 2011 at 08:39 AM.

At this point, it'd probably be easier to go down, slap my samurai 'round a bit, and tell them to stop standing so damn close to each other (i.e. shift into loose formation). Just kidding, it's good to see Darth knows the issues and is working on them. Thanks!

Something is not working well and I can see that not only from the button not appearing but from the tidyness of troops. Clearly the patch has messed mods again, but they do not CTD at least...

Nice to se u back almaity Darth.
    Hope everything is everything gonna be solved in Greece with the unstable economy and all.
    But because english isnt my native as u understand i wonder if this update means that some of the feauters in the latest DLC is transferd to the main campaign or will be.
    Keep up the good work u are doing and i hope u know that u are doing a good game great!

The unit_stats_land seems corrupted and I must input all the values again...

Well thank you all for the support. I will try to support the mod as much as possible. This kind of patch repairs are freaking me out to be honest. I have to re-do all the work again hand by hand.

Something is not working well and I can see that not only from the button not appearing but from the tidyness of troops. Clearly the patch has messed mods again, but they do not CTD at least...
    Hmm, I get the feeling the unit_tables is the cause, but in my "limited" knowledge and access to this table I can't compare it to other similar/older patches and mods as well; and I'm just interested a bit in that stuff too
    (any extracting tool you can refer to?)

As mentioned, adding the ability to loosen the formation does work, but it's plain stupid, as you'd have to edit every single unit and add the value. /it does look stupid as well..getting the Napoleon-styled button

edit: be cool! Just take your time....
    (wondering why every patch in shogun messes up things that badly, even in N:TW things went pretty well)
    Last edited by valky; September 30, 2011 at 02:22 PM.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

No it is the unit_stats_land file. I verified it. I will repair it...

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast