Thread: Genoa doesn't die

YuriVII's Avatar Primicerius

Default Genoa doesn't die

Hi, I am playing HRE on 6.4 with BftB and Genoa does not DIE! All regions taken but it has armies and characters that spawn around Genoa. Since victory conditions of HRE demand Genoa is eliminated, it is impossible to fufill them. I am sure this is not BftB related since this happened before BftB was installed. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?

Lazy's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Genoa doesn't die

open the console and type
    "toggle_fow"

Now you can see the whole map and search for some region that should be Genoa controlled! there should be at least one as Genoa is still alive... If you cannot find anything check the statistics! Does it say Genoa has armies/regions left?
    Perhaps they own an island or some very small region somewhere...
    If you wont find anything post again please!
    You have to check too if Genoa has a family tree ( what would be a change to the "original" status or if its leaders are like the teutonic order )!

At he other hand, I do not know BftB and the changes it makes to the game, but as some changes are "savegame compatible", it is possible that something is messed up now...
    please post again if my solution did not help!

If you are playing late campaign genoa will probably still have the region on the north edge of the black sea...under kiev

Check for land in Crimea or the islands in the Mediterranean, including Palma on the eastern Spanish shore.

w.wallace61's Avatar Civis

With BFTB installed Venice and Genoa have no family trees, they have repuplic system.. Most probably thats why they dont die.. In third age they overcome that problem, unfortunately I dont know how they did that..
    EDIT: Do you have Real rebellion installed ?
    Last edited by w.wallace61; September 29, 2011 at 02:32 PM.

No Crimea is under Kievan Rus' I personally led an expedition to it to destroy them and handed it over to them (since it was so far away I did not wanna deal with it). I did toggle fog of war. I also noticed that these armies spawn in genoa region just randomly. So yeah it is definatley a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by w.wallace61 View Post
    With BFTB installed Venice and Genoa have no family trees, they have repuplic system.. Most probably thats why they dont die.. In third age they overcome that problem, unfortunately I dont know how they did that..
    EDIT: Do you have Real rebellion installed ?
    ^

What the man said.

No real rebellion is not installed just SS and BftB

I seem to be having the same problem with Kiev not dying either,all regions are gone but priests,merchants remain..no biggie,just extra targets for my assassins to practise on

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo582 View Post
    I seem to be having the same problem with Kiev not dying either,all regions are gone but priests,merchants remain..no biggie,just extra targets for my assassins to practise on
    That's odd cos Kiev has a family tree. Are you sure they have no regions? Have you toggled FOW to check?

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Yea i checked with fow on and im pretty sure i counted no regions left,im replayin rus again so when kiev are eliminated ill let you know for sure CC.

You'll be happy to know I'm testing a solution to this now. Seems to be working so far

Domesticus

GAH! I hope this problem doesnt affect me, or hopefully the fix for it will be nice and small

The fix won't be savegame compatible. It'll only affect you if your faction's victory conditions include defeating a now republic faction.

Lord Minotaur's Avatar Biarchus

I'm experiencing the same problem with Novgorod. They have no regions left except merchants, diplomats etc...

Install the latest fix and start a new campaign.