Thread: RPG for VI

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Default RPG for VI

I know this is kind of SPammish, but I feel that a link to a possible RPG for VI should be posted here. Please feel free to clsoe this soon.

RPG Link for VIKING INVASION
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Default Re: RPG for VI

It's a good idea. So why close it.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Alright.. I am restarting the VI rpg! See the link at the top here for details! PM me if you want to join or know someone who would be interedted!
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

This looks like a much simpler version of the multiplayer campaign that is about to start. We still need 8 more players. And it is highly suggested that you are good at multiplayer if you want to play. All the people who are already registered are multiplayer vets and will kick you around with an army ten times weaker than yours if you aren't good at multiplayer.

Info for the campaign can be found here

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight
    This looks like a much simpler version of the multiplayer campaign that is about to start. We still need 8 more players. And it is highly suggested that you are good at multiplayer if you want to play. All the people who are already registered are multiplayer vets and will kick you around with an army ten times weaker than yours if you aren't good at multiplayer.

Info for the campaign can be found here

Come on man.. its hard enough to get players without having another site offering an RPG :wink: (Perhaps some of your players would also like to participate in the one offered here at TWC). WHat are your rules like? Maybe we could exchange our rule sets and learn from each other?

My rules are 25 pages long lol
    http://www.fileupyours.com/files/502...20Campaign.doc

It tries to simulate single player campaign as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight
    My rules are 25 pages long lol
    http://www.fileupyours.com/files/502...20Campaign.doc

It tries to simulate single player campaign as much as possible.
    yeah I just registered on your board and had a look. Must have taken a long time! My RPG runs more like a board-game with an RPG element. I don't even try to simulate what the single player campaign is like. I have tried to create a set of rules that allows players to interact in an RPG style, while still not becomming too much of a burdern to read. (You must have some really dedicated members over there!)

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

i was waitng for those rules {email}
    but now i found those here
    but whats happening now
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

Quote Originally Posted by vikrant1986
    i was waitng for those rules {email}
    but now i found those here
    but whats happening now
    Oh.. you wanted me to e-mail them to that address? I thought that was for MSN! I will e-mail y ou my word file once I get home from the lab! Basically, I have become motived by the thought of doing the MTW2 rpg and re-started my VIking Invasion RPG. You are welcome to help me out with it or join as a player (that is if you have MTW:VI)!

One more spot is open! Sign up or miss out!

Unfortunatly, Silver guard cannot continue as the ruler of the Saxons. If there are any players who wish to play in the Viking Invasion RPG please PM me!

Silverguard is back in, but now Wilpuri has given up the throne of the Picts. Anyone who is interested please PM me!
    Last edited by Wild Bill Kelso; September 13, 2006 at 12:16 PM.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Join the RPG ppl!!! You wont be dissapointed.
    Blut und Boden

Casanova's Avatar Semisalis

I would love to join, but I am waiting for a new copy of Medieval to come in the mail right now, should be here in about 5 days. I will PM someone as soon as i get it up and running.
    I used to have a quote from George S. Patton about the Russians, but I guess some might have found it offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Casanova
    I would love to join, but I am waiting for a new copy of Medieval to come in the mail right now, should be here in about 5 days. I will PM someone as soon as i get it up and running.
    Sounds good. I will manage the Picts for you until you can join! (actually you could probably join now as we wont be having any combat for a bit)

Hmm...this sounds interesting but how exactly does this work? I need new things explained to me real slowly, like speaking to a 4 year old. Ive never bothered to install gamespy upon installation either, is that something I'd need to participate...?

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA
    Hmm...this sounds interesting but how exactly does this work? I need new things explained to me real slowly, like speaking to a 4 year old. Ive never bothered to install gamespy upon installation either, is that something I'd need to participate...?
    Well you will need a gamespy ID to log onto the server. You log onto the MTW internet lobby though the game not through the gamespy software. If you are interested please ahve a read of the rules. In brief- this RPG is kind of like a Risk-style game. Diplomacy, combat movements and other things are stated in the forum. I update the apporpriate game maps depedning on what people post. Any combat is done using VI. Even though all the spots of king are taken, you can still play as a minor duke. Maybe best for you since there is less required of you in the rules and you can settle into the game easier.

I am currently looking for a player who can act as the vikings in my RPG. Basically all you would have to do it fight a few battles every turn as the vikings. If you are interested please PM me!