Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An apology - A message from the mod leader

Default An apology - A message from the mod leader

Hello Victoria: TW fans,

As most of you may know I'm Fortes, the mod leader or at least I'm the guy who come up with the idea, now as much of you may have already noticed the mod is still unreleased after about one year, my most sincere apologies for that, the reason why I'm writing this is that I want to explain why that happened.

As most of you may have noticed since Easter that the team has been becoming inactive, me as the first name. This is due to RL issues, The Lizard King that was a motivation for the team had become inactive due to RL issues as did our great unit creator Xwhyzed, other followed. As mod leader it was my duty to make the mod prosper, however instead of that I too became inactive around here, the reasons for that are alongside with RL that modding became boring to me and I can say this mod is in it origin, before this big project I only did small sub mods for DarthMod than the idea for this mod that was initially much more small came and with it a lot of work, I made a new campaign from the ground that wasn't something easy, the campaign was done but in the end I was bored as hell, then I moved to UI works, starting to work on the portraits that are posted in the previews, that was a lot of fun but I'm the kind of guy that can't hold much time doing the same so I moved to other modding projects waiting that more was done in this mod that so when I was needed I was fresh to come, however with the time the team became inactive and my efforts to bring it up were useless, some left, other became busy with other projects as it was my case, other retired as it's MatrixStorm and Okmin case and then there is Tango, a great guy for who I only wish the best, he has no modding skills but it is him how is maintaining this breading, he never left, he kept working on it, he is still doing!
    Around one month ago I've came to our dev. forum and discussed the situation with Tango and Okmin, we agreed in keep this going but unfortunately and again for my fault it stayed the same.

The status of the mod,

The mod has a campaign around 80% done, only smallest tweaks left
    The UI too is at a good status, most portraits done.
    Tango as been working on the factions descriptions and they too are at a good status.
    The flags are fully done, Okmin and MatrixStorm did a great job with them.
    The tech tree has never come to light, Tango and Okmin were thinking on it but nothing was ever presented apart to the fact the each faction would have it's unique tech tree.
    The units, the units were and are what is stooping us from releasing this. What did our unit makers did and what are their status:
    • Xwhyzed: He did the Ottoman units but unfortunately did not update them all, I know nothing of him since the begin of the summer
    • Geronimo: His progress was always slow but he mantained something that can be considered regular, showing up with a new units from weeks to weeks, however according to him a few of the units he did are gone.
    • Solo: Joined us latter but did a great work, he was working on the the British and French units, sadly he too didn't upload the units before he get busy with RL, last contact I've with him was a message telling that he was still on this but that was a few months ago.
    • mattmario89: This is a guy that must of you must never heard of, in his RL he does a lot of models and was a guy that I could see doing much for the team however he has no modding experience and as our experienced unit makers were gone there was nobody to explain him how things work.

This is what I felt the need to say and I did it without contact Tango, Okmin or other member that is still active, I'm sorry guys I really had to
    Please feel free to ask what you want and I'll try to answer them, I wrote this as to be honest as possible with you.

Let's not let his die guys, all help is welcome, if you want to help with return the life to the mod just say so, it doesn't matter if you have mod experience or not I'm sure we will find something useful for you to do.

!!!

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: An apology - A message from the mod leader

Fortes, it would probably be better if you had put this past at least myself and Okmin first, but your the mod leader, so obviously its your choice.

On another note, Solo said that he would be back at the end of the month-hes had a pretty nasty real life recently. Xwhyzed I simply don't know.

As for the tech tree, I don't think that will be present in version one, for the simple reason that it has to be done for all the factions, and that is a hell of a lot of work.

I'm sorry Tango, as I said I needed to apologize my self.

Don't worry about it. (btw I edited the post)

Now, before anyone starts panicking that this mod is dead. THAT IS NOT THE CASE. Posts of that nature are usually high on my delete list...

Yes, as Tango said that the mod is still breathing, it's just that it needs to be given some ... let's call it new blood.

And a bit of the old blood would probably not go amiss.

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Didn't I say I retired from modding excluding this? I'm still here
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    And a bit of the old blood would probably not go amiss.
    The cap suits me. As I said in the OP, sorry guys but I became highly unmotivated to keep this.

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

Ahh, yes i really do hope this mod is released someday soon, i tend to feel that i could have contributed more (besides research im very good with GIMP, idk how much that will help at this stage though)

Anyways a great mod with great potential, as ForteS said dont let it die guys

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

Quote Originally Posted by Pazu the Kitsune View Post
    Ahh, yes i really do hope this mod is released someday soon, i tend to feel that i could have contributed more (besides research im very good with GIMP, idk how much that will help at this stage though)

Anyways a great mod with great potential, as ForteS said dont let it die guys
    If you are good with gimp and want to help more portraits as this:

...Are welcome, the rulers are fully done but we can use some more for ministers, schollars and such

Also as a note they are very easy to do and I'm ready to teach who wants.

i would gladly help, i made some units for medieval once, but i really got no idea how it works with empire. but im expierienced with gimp, so at least portraits and stuff like this would be something i could handle.
    if you guys could use my help, just say it. and... well excuse the english, its rusty.

Civis

Well I am playing with Mods for like nearly 2 years now and am following this hopefully soon upcoming mood since you guys announced it. I just registered a few weeks ago since i thought bout posting a question.

Anyways, I would like to help you guys. Unfortunately I have no modding skills but if you have another job for me, I'll take it. ; )

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I am currently occupied with my other mods and the Colonialism 1600 AD mod in particular. I hope to be able to offer assistance in the future but a large part of the problem is the lack of suitable models. I have asked wangrin to create some for me and he has obliged in a couple of cases but I'm still awaiting more models from him. I appreciate wangrin is already hard at work on the Nec Pluribus Impar mod and has also been helping me out with Colonialism 1600 AD.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Valhallachen View Post
    i would gladly help, i made some units for medieval once, but i really got no idea how it works with empire. but im expierienced with gimp, so at least portraits and stuff like this would be something i could handle.
    if you guys could use my help, just say it. and... well excuse the english, its rusty.

What program did you use?

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Oh darn! At the moment I wish that I had some spare time and modding skills so I could help you guys out.
    Too bad, since I left the team as a betatester I still haven't had that much free time and my modding skills are still minimal

What does UI mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Claremorris View Post
    The maxim is "Divide and Conquer" not "Piss everybody off so they all unite against you."

User Interface, 2Dart by other words.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    What program did you use?
    ah sorry, i did not MADE units, i just retextured them in a silly and acribic way... i made some warriors and knights from the carolingian age, as well as banners and flags, but it was just 2DArt, i just replaced their chainmails by... ah sorry i dont know the english word for that, but in german its called "gambeson" an other armors like scales or leather stripes and buckles, i'm really not familiar to milkshape and other moddeling programs if you refer to that.

Ah well, just thought I'd check.

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Loving what I'm seeing, guys. This mod will be so awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast