Thread: Suggestion for generals in main S2 campaign

Default Suggestion for generals in main S2 campaign

So I've played ROTS for about 4 hours now.

Generals in main S2 campaign need bows. seriously. the generals in rots are awesome, juts by giving them the ability to shoot, even as an aside is great. using generals like heavy cav with the added few missiles aid greatly in 2 areas.

1. Chasing down fleeing enemies with your general is MUCH MUCH easier, as they will shoot some down, adding to their kill count and xp gain.

2. Holding a general behind lines to inspire troops while allowing them to aid (albeit in a very small capacity) by shooting makes them feel less useless while waiting for an opneing to flank etc.

the only drawback from the rots gens is the ability to use flaming arrows, terrible Idea.

you could even shut off the ability to use rang while using things like stand and fight etc.

anyway.. its just gonna be hard going back to the main S2 campaign with generals that can't fire arrows.

(This is a suggestion for darthmod, in case you were wondering )

H Con's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Suggestion for generals in main S2 campaign

This is DarthMod compatible: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=454351&page=2

Comes with and without flaming arrows. Both can get swooping crane with proper research.

These generals reload slower than the RoTS generals, but have better accuracy (93 with max exp.).
    Last edited by H Con; September 29, 2011 at 04:58 AM.
    UN: All problems would be solved if everyone could just sit down and talk.
    Bin Laden:But the problem is that everyo--
    Navy Seal: RATATATATATA!
    Another Navy Seal: RATATATATA!
    Pokémon Trainer: RATTATA! USE SCRATCH!
    *dust settles*
    Al Zawahiri: --that everyone must speak Arabic first!

Bow General Mod for Total War: Shogun II

wha?...you?...whe...

is there an emoticon for "Squee"?

lol tyvm

I think the Flaming Arrows compliment the ROTS generals perfectly, pretty much makes them a Mounted Samurai with Command Abilities. Infact I frequently keep my General's Bodyguard with a contigent of 3 Mounted Samurai. They do some major mowing! I don't understand how Flaming Arrows equates to a terrible idea/ability for a general? Whistling Arrows yes, as most of your units would probably rout.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftKings View Post
    I think the Flaming Arrows compliment the ROTS generals perfectly, pretty much makes them a Mounted Samurai with Command Abilities. Infact I frequently keep my General's Bodyguard with a contigent of 3 Mounted Samurai. They do some major mowing! I don't understand how Flaming Arrows equates to a terrible idea/ability for a general? Whistling Arrows yes, as most of your units would probably rout.
    Their ability to light these arrows on horseback while riding at the enemy seems questionable to me at best, but that's just a realism thing.